“7 Days in Ireland”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baytown, Texas
“7 Days in Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrive at the Hayfield Manor Hotel in a car. We were meet by the door man who made you feel very welcome to hotel. The service at the front desk was very good. Our room was not available yet since we arrived early. The hotel grabbed the bags labeled them informed us they would be in our room later when we returned. The grounds are beautiful with al the flowers and trees.
We had breakfast the next morning and it was cooked to order. There fresh fruits and breads were very tasty.

The location is a little walk to town but not bad. The area is safe very easy walk. You can also catch a bus near hotel to town also. There is lots of signs to assist when walking in the city of Cork
The hotel is beautiful inside also

Room Tip: The room we stay in was on left side of the hotel we had very quite room no problems. If there was...
1 Thank texantraveler42
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest texantraveler42,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you felt very welcome on arriving to Hayfield Manor; we like to ensure that our guests feel like our home is there’s during their stay. I would like to thank you also for your lovely comments regarding our hotel grounds. I am thrilled that although we are located in the city, once you drive through the gates the city is soon forgotten.

I very much hope that I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

This wonderful hotel is hidden in the middle of cork city, when we arrived in this homely reception area we were greeted by a lovely lady she checked us in and our room was stately decorated and lovely amenities. We have been coming to Hayfeild for a number of years and love the changes over the years. Beautiful hotel looking at dates to return.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest Bawnnew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

It is always a pleasure to welcome back valued regular guests such as yourself and to continuously receive such wonderful reviews from you. Without the support of our regulars we wouldn't be able to continually strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor for many more visits to come.

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hayfield Manor while on a golfing trip. I was very impressed by the quality of the accommodations and especially by the service. All of the employees were extremely courteous and professional. I am use to modern large hotels in the big cities. Hayfield Manor was something different for my group. I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet and also sampled the lunch and dinner. Our stay was flawless. And I have to mention the free wi if was fantastic. I was able to stream live baseball games while in bed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest paulcoop,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor whilst on a golfing trip.

It was delightful to read through your review. I am pleased to read that although our hotel wouldn’t be to the same criteria to which you are accustomed to, you thoroughly enjoyed your break all the same.

I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

What an amazing stay! We stayed at Hayfield Manor based on the TripAdvisor rating, and could not be more pleased. The staff was outstanding, and went out of their way at every turn to make sure our stay was comfortable and memorable. We were traveling with another couple, and the men arrived very late (after midnight) on the day we checked in. They went above and beyond to get them a light (very delicious) meal from the kitchen even at that late hour. I would definitely recommend anyone visiting Cork to stay at this lovely, well-maintained, wonderful hotel and we will definitely return.

Dear guest Pat E,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you could not have been more pleased with your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you kindly for your high praise of our team; it is exceptionally rewarding to receive such high recognition.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Hayfield Manor Hotel as we toured Ireland. During our trip we stayed at several properties and Hayfield was one of our favorites. Our stay there could not have been better. The hotel is lovely, very comfortable and very well maintained. The staff is professional, attentive and friendly. Our room was clean, well appointed and very spacious. We had dinner one evening in the Orchid restaurant and one evening in Perrots Garden Bistro. The Orchid restaurant is fine dining without being stuffy. The atmosphere in the restaurant is elegant but relaxed. Our meal in the Bistro was casual and simpler, but very well done. Both meals were delicious, the prices were very reasonable and the service was excellent. We liked the location of the hotel, near to city sights, but tucked away from the noise and busyness of the city. The hotel has a lovely spa and garden and plenty of places to relax and read or visit with friends.

1 Thank EmmaandElle
Dear Guest EmmaandElle,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you for your very kind praise of all aspects of our hotel. I am delighted to know that Hayfield Manor was one of your favourite locations during your stay in Ireland.

I sincerely hope that should you return to Ireland, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Dublin,Irland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on a dinner bed and breakfast offer for one night. The hotel is located in the treelined hills of Cork city so you feel as though you are in the countryside. It is a beautiful hotel that feels more like a country manor. The service is exceptional, the bed was like sleeping on feathers. We spent our afternoon lazying about and taking advantage of the pool and outdoor hot tub. Followed by a delicious and romantic dinner and cocktails in the bar. The next day we feasted on a hearty breakfast of locally sourced produce. We left feeling revived and completely relaxed.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest SAM2180,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our service, location and cuisine. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel based on a recommendation from the Irish Independent and the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I was expecting there to be a large walled garden based on the reviews, however, there was not, it was tiny - tiny but nice at the same time. The location does not allow it to be bigger. The hotel itself is lovely and looks so pretty on the outside and indeed it is pretty and opulent on the inside. I stayed in a junior suite so I was really expecting it to be breath taking and it really was not. It was larger than a normal room and within the same area was two steps up where there was a table and two chairs. With the exception of the two steps I cant see what would be different from other rooms. Oh bed was fantastic. There was also a coffee machine that you had to set up. The room was nice but nothing spectacular.
What was spectacular though was the service and the attention we received. From the second we pulled up- we were waited on- valet parking and luggage taken- nice touch. Shown to the room and within a few minutes a call to make sure all was ok. Service at dinner and drinks was very good. Dinner itself was a tad disappointing- we had it in Orchids restaurant and I wish we went to the bistro instead. I had scallops, duck and passion fruit mousse. My friend had salmon, pork belly and cheese board. The one thing i could say was truly lovely was the cheese board. I found the meals to be extremely small. Breakfast on the other hand was lovely.
The spa area was very nice, the pool lovely and the hot tub outside was lovely. Towels were not plentiful and we had to wait for someone to come to reception to get a towel as ours got wet. This was rather annoying - we actually had to use the phone to get someone to come to us. Perhaps they had left out enough towels but with ours getting wet they probably thought they had left out enough.
Overall, a lovely hotel in the city but I cant help but wonder if it's style over substance. If this hotel was half the price it would get 5 stars as I wouldn't have expected so much but because of it's price tag I was expecting great things.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view- my room was looking at roof tops despite it been a junior suite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjc_10
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear mjc_10,

Firstly I was delighted to learn that you were pleased with our service, our décor and our spa facilities. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that they will be delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I was quite disheartened, however, to learn that you were not so pleased with your junior suite. We have a number of junior suites in the hotel, and no two are exactly alike in style, as each is individually designed and decorated, although I would like to clarify that each junior suite would have additional amenities including a Nespresso machine and a separate relaxation area which are not standard in our Manor or Superior rooms. Had we been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, we would have been delighted to offer you an alternative that was more to your liking, and I do apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

I am also very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the size of our walled garden. As we are located in the city centre, we are regrettably not in a position to extend our grounds at present. We are however always delighted to recommend the lovely grounds in the University next to us to any guests who wish to take in a scenic stroll, as well as other walks around the city. I am very sorry indeed for your disappointment, and I do hope that it did not detract from your overall opinion of our hotel.

I would also like to apologise for your disappointment in the quality of your meal in Orchids Restaurant. Please be assured that I will be meeting with our Head Chef to discuss your feedback, and I hope that on your next visit you will see a marked improvement in our cuisine.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future, and I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly when you plan to return to Cork, so that I can personally oversee your visit and ensure that you receive the full five star standard of service for which we are renowned.