“right price nice individual rooms”
Review of University Hall

University Hall
Ranked #1 of 20 Speciality Lodging in Cork
Entroncamento, Portugal
“right price nice individual rooms”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Just stayed here for 2 nights in a 3 bedroom apartment. It was perfect for us as I wanted kitchen and laundry facilities. We had apartment 221... and it was great as we heard no sounds. The view was fantastic. Everything was clean and worked. Room with lot of space.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The apartments were fine, no real complaints, beds were comfy, staff were friendly, location is good. Wouldn't suit romantic weekend away, but perfect for friends goin away together. Overall grand experience. The photographs on booking web site must be old photographs as the apartments are not as new as I seen.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Maria N
Portlaoise
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed here on a family & friends trip, 5 adults 3 kids.
5 bedrooms in the apartment we stayed in, they were all spotless, each with a window so it was as airy as you would like.
The kitchen/living room area was plenty big with all appliances functioning well.
This was a great idea to stay here as it meant we were all together and the kids could play together without any hassle.
The apartment was quiet and very comfortable, staff were very friendly.
This was an unbelivably inexpensive night away and we were sorry we hadn't booked it for the 2 nights we were in Cork as we couldn't get a refund from the hotel we had booked into the night before we stayed here.

I would stay here again & again.
Really nice chinese take away around the corner too which was delicious and inexpensive.
A supermarket on the corner which was very handy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The staff are beyond helpful, the price is unbeatable. Yes the room is sparse, but it's a room, private bath, shared kitchen, super affordable. The staff apparently doesn't understand the meaning of the word "no." Ten minute walk to downtown, one minute from a bus stop.

Room Tip: Ask for flat 3 or 4, away from the front door which is kind of loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna B
Germany
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed there for two nights and would not recommend this place for solo travellers. I shared the flat with a married couple who occupied the living area in the evenings and they made clear they didn't want to be disturbed when watching tv, so I could not really use the living area. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful - thanks again for your help with the bus ticket - but it took more than four hours to get clean bedding because the bed had not been made before I arrived which was quite disgusting with other people's hair on the linen. And I had to make the bed on my own, nobody helped me with that. Although the bathroom was quite clean the toilet would have needed a good cleaning, all in all it seemed they did not spend too much time on housekeeping. It's reasonable accomodation when travelling with a large family or group, otherwise maybe you should spend some extra Euros on a B&B or hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Had a lovely few days in Cork staying in the Cork University halls of residence. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to self cater and do your own thing. Yes, they are basic flats without much character accommodating different numbers of people but would be perfect if travelling in a group. I went solo but my sleeping room was huge with a comfy double bed and very spacious bathroom and shower. There was quite a lot of traffic noise from the busy road which my room faced but this wasn’t a problem as I am a heavy sleeper though if not, I think this would bother some people. The communal living area (which was shared by one other room in my apartment) had a comfortable seating area, dining table, TV and fully equipped kitchen – microwave, full cooker with grill and oven, toaster, kettle, large fridge/freezer and plenty of cooking utensils and pots. These halls are a bit out from the centre of the city but the 208 bus stops right outside and it’s only a 10 minute ride into town – would recommend a day ticket for €4.60 – or you could walk (about 20 minutes). I had a problem with the lock on my door one night and the very friendly staff attended to it straight away. Overall, I thought this accommodation was great value for money at €35 per night and my only “complaint” is that it’s only open in the summer. I’ll just have to wait till next year to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BogsideBunny
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Good value accommodation. Just what I was after. Basic but clean and contained everything I needed. Towels and bedding were provided and bed very comfy. I didn't pay for the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The kitchen comes fully equipped with utensils, crockery, pots and pans as well as complimentary tea and coffee. Campus very quiet as University holidays are currently on. 30 mins walks into town. Ensuite bedroom. Would definitely recommend. Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business