“Get what you pay for”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a very basic airport style hotel. It is in the middle of nowhere and lacks any sort of atmosphere. That being said, we had a great time there as the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was clean spacious, the food was better than average and it is great value. Getting in to Cork is reasonably easy as well. Would recommend if you are using it purely as a stop-over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Louise O, Front Office Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I appreciate your comments, especially those about our staff as we feel they are one of our strongest assets.

Should you ever be in the area again we will hopefully have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport.

Kind Regards

Eithne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very close to the airport, shuttle bus provided, clean & spacius rooms and staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I was able to check in early without any issues. The rooms are modern and big and the view was surprisingly good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Daniel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive comments.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to our hotel should you be in the area again.

Kind Regards

Eithne
newcastle
Reviewed 5 March 2014

we stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting family in cork , we found it to be an excellent hotel all staff we came into contact with were very friendly and helpful , the room was very spacious , lovely and clean and warm , super comfy bed too , we had full irish breakfasts on 2 occasions which were excellent plenty of it and the best sausages ive ever tasted , didn't try the evening menu due to eating at my sons house , would def stay here again when visiting my family and would have no hesitation in recommending to others .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our staff members to be helpful and friendly. Great that you enjoyed our breakfast too.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are visiting family in the area.

East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Good sized room, double bed with good sized desk and chair to catch up with work. Clean and comfortable.

Food was good and enjoyable, and averagely priced.

Some of the staff were very welcoming and friendly, for one or two others it seemed like they were doing me a favour by being there.

All in all a good stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed here before and was disappointed so said I'd give it another try. Dinner was nice but got my order wrong, there was a good selection at breakfast but I was in the restaurant for 30 minutes and the chef walked out once with fresh eggs so it really makes you think how long they are sitting there before you eat them. The bed was comfortable and the smoking rooms are a plus! Was in the bar the next day for 40 minutes without anybody coming over to me Had to go up and follow the waitress around to order then it arrived 20 minutes later after she explained she forgot about me, stating she was too busy. I've worked in hotels and it was not that busy to leave me for 20 minutes. Lunch was nice,some staff are nice others need a refresher course in customer service. Don't think I'd stay here again. On check out it felt like because I was dressed in comfortable clothes for my journey home that the receptionist thought that I shouldn't of stayed in the hotel. The manager Barry was nice, they should take a leaf out of his book!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah H
Louise O, General Manager at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointing stay with us and I will be addressing your points with the team here today. This is certainly not the standard of service we strive for here at the hotel.

Please contact me personally should you be in the Cork area in the future at louise.ohara@rezidorparkinn.com and I will ensure that you have a very pleasant stay with us.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2014

On a recent stay at this hotel, my good friend Maria Foley had occasion to request assistance of your staff and hotel facilities (courtesy bus) as she was unwell and needed medication from the local Pharmacy. The gentleman concerned took a personal interest and helped Maria in many ways in procuring the relevant medication and in general was more than polite. We really appreciate this and as she say herself, " It was like home from home"

Room Tip: Great locatrion, close to the airport
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on behalf of Maria.

We were delighted that we were able to assist Maria in getting the medication she required and it is lovely to read that Maria found our hotel to be a Home from Home.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming Maria and perhaps yourself Jack to Park Inn by Radisson Cork Airport in the future.

West Huntspill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stopped here often when it was the Great Southern so the rooms were as I expected. Staff at reception were great and generally good throughout the hotel were on the ball, one barman could do with some people skills training or put him back of house, the bar area was cold and uninviting, not many guests and the food not what it should be for a long term guest.
I suppose I can't put my finger on why I moved it just didn't push my boat out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Martin,

Thank you for your recent review.

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that the bar was cold during your stay; we did have an issue with our heating in the bar which has been rectified.

Should you be in the area in the future our chefs would be delighted to cook a dish that is not on our menu that you might like.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.