“1 stop shop!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tipperary
“1 stop shop!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

My friend and I booked this hotel for our weekend girly trip away! it was part of a deal. The hotel location is very gud, litterly 5 mins walkin distance from the airport! Close enough to all the shopping centres! We were greated by a lovely lady and she was the only one that was friendly. Ive worked in costumer service for the last 8 years and never in my time have i ever come across this. We were ''served'' our dinner by it been nearly thrown at us! The icing on the cake was when i asked the bar man for a bottle of wine and told him id like a fruity and not dry bottle. He replied by sayin he hasnt a clue about wine ''so which one would i like''. I would tell people only go there if your just sleepin. not ideal for a ''break away!''

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carmel83
Radisson_Blu_Cork, Director of Sales at Cork Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Dear Carmel,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am delighted you were impressed with the location and the hotel itself and the friendliness of our Front Office staff. However, I would like to apologise that you were not similarly impressed with the standard of service you experienced in our bar. Customer Service is an area we would normally pride ourselves on so we will of course take all your comments on board - both good and bad.

I would hope that if you are in the area in future you will think of us once more so that you can experience the service as should have been provided throughout the hotel.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very best regards,

Lisa O'Sullivan
Sales Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

Hotel is located just few steps away from the Cork Airport terminal. I have to say that after staying at a couple of Radisson hotels, I liked this one the most. My hotel room was very large and equipped with all you might need, including a Nespresso coffee machine with great selection of pods, which is a nice choice from all those instant coffee+electric kettle you can get elsewhere. Intereresting book about Cork airport was provided for reading. Internet connection worked without any problem.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank MalvolioBlanco
Dear Malvolio,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - your comments are a greatly appreciated.

Should you be visiting the area in the future I hope that you will think of us once more, and if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very best regards,

Lisa O'Sullivan
Sales Executive
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed here for one night as we flew late into Cork, so at 11.30pm, all we wanted to do was check in somewhere close, get our heads down, and have a good nights sleep.

There was a very friendly guy on reception, and we checked in with no problem, though I was a bit confused by the amount he took on my credit card, so I had to check that in the morning - they take your card and put a nominal fee on it when you book in, but don't actually take the money...if that makes sense!

Anyway, the room was spotlessly clean, and we appointed with tea and coffee, plus quite good toiletries.

I have to say, we had the best nights sleep here than we did anywhere else on this holiday! Very comfortable bed.

Can't speak about breakfast or the facilities as we just headed out in the morning as soon as we checked out.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarrieB72
Kilkenny, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

If you have to stay by the airport then I am sure this hotel would do fine but otherwise do not stay hear if you are looking for luxury or even good hotel accommodation. I stayed here for two nights. The first morning I ordered breakfast in my room. There were utensils missing which made it impossible to eat and there was no response when I called the kitchen service. The second day I went to the dinning room with the intention of having a full Irish breakfast. The breakfast was served buffet style, there were no eggs and there were no waiting staff in sight to ask. There were no plates to put the food by the sign that said hot plates. No one came to wait on my table or to ask me if everything was ok. Is this not normally the case in such a hotel? The quality of the food was well below mediocre standards. The cleanliness of this hotel was below standard and uncared for. The residency bar was understaffed after 11pm, if staffed at all. The same member of staff was running the reception, the bar and the kitchen. When you entered the bar there was nowhere to sit as the tables were covered in empty glasses and food dishes. This was not the fault of the poor unfortunate member of staff who was expected to run the hotel singlehandedly. I hope this review when read by the hotel management makes them pull up their socks. This is not a good reflection on other Irish Hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Eimearconyard
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

We are currently on a three month holiday and have to say that this hotel has been our biggest disappoint so far. The just staff didn’t want to know us. We walked into the restaurant and waited 20 minutes before anyone came to us. I went over to the bar area placed a drinks order and asked if we could order a meal. I was told that someone would be over soon. Another 20 minutes and no one came… we left.

Breakfast the next day was no better guests were chasing staff around the room trying to get service. No bowls, no cutlery available, no hot food in the Bain Marie, no milk for cereal, a sign that said “Eggs prepared to your order” but no one to take orders.

A number of guests were vocal and they got attention but, others were ignored.
There simply wasn’t enough staff

Although the Hotel said there was free internet, on the nights that we were there it wasn't working. This may be a Network provider fault rather than an hotel fault however.

This was a very disappointing stay. We expected a lot more from a Radisson Hotel where we had paid a premium price. I rarely give a bad review, but for the sake of fellow travellers I have no choice on this occasion.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dlturner007
Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

Check-in and check-out caused some confusion with both us and the staff. (a.o. about the creditcard deposit + initially we got assigned to a smoking-room while we clearly stated in the booking we wanted non-smoking)
Unfortunately the fittnessroom/jacuzi were closed for maintance. It would have been nice if this had been advertised at the time of booking, which was only shortly before our stay.
The restaurant also was closed.

Luckily the bar (spacious and comfortable!) was open and with the Irish barfood being among the best, and the bar staff as well, we had a great dinner. :-)
The room was nice, with a view of the airport and runway.
The bathroom was clean and had part of the wall in red tiles. Which is quite unbathroomlike, and surprisingly nice.

We stay at a lot of Radisson hotels, maybe this one could give the reception-staff some additional training to improve professionalism and get it more in sync with the others.
The staff's friendliness is certainly not a problem. :-)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at this airport hotel as we had an early morning flight home. The terminal is just 5 minutes walk away but the hotel's free bus is also available 24/7. On arrival, the pleasant reception staff made us feel very welcome and processed our check-in very quickly - our room was comfortable with the usual tea/coffee, mini-bar, TV etc but above all, very good double glazing. A jet at full take-off throttle could not be heard in the bedroom - the front of the hotel has a view of the main runway.
The full buffet breakfast was a reasonable 10euros with restaurant staff eager to seat you and take your order for coffee, toast and style of eggs cooked fresh. A good travellers / business hotel with pleasant staff, close to the airport terminal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple