Hotel Isaacs Cork
  • Restaurant
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
  • Restaurant
1,008 results
All reviewsgreenes restaurantbeautiful waterfalllocal churchcity centremaccurtain streettrain stationcar parkno liftnight porterlight sleeperbars and restaurantsreception stafffew minutes walkroom was largehotel is in a great locationacross the riverstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Trip adviser

My wife and I stayed at Isaacs Hotel in July 2013 as we were going to a concert locally. We were very pleasantly surprised with what we found on arrival. This quaint little hotel nestled neatly into the very characteristic buildings of Mccurtain street in Cork city, is very Parisian in its appearance. The weather at the time of stay was very hot, which just added to the whole continental feel of the experience. Greenes Restaurant within Isaacs was one of the finest dining experiences we've had in Cork, sitting outside in the cobblestoned alleyway next to a huge waterfall was very different altogether, very unique. The staff were very friendly, very accommodating, and always had a smile. The manager 'Sylvia' was a pleasure to meet, coming over to our table during dinner to ensure we were ok for transport to the concert and even arranged it for us. We would definitely stay here again, very reasonably priced, perfectly located and well managed.

• Stayed: July 2013
HotelIsaacsGreenes, Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear AlexL,

Thank you for taking the time to Review both the hotel and the restaurant. The staff were delighted when they read your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and of course the concert. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel was very good for me and my family. We had a nice stay. The room was large and spacious. The breakfast was very good and plenty to eat. The hotel was very clean, we thought it was a little expensive but it was also a busy time when we stayed. I can recommend for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Loan L,

Thank you for reviewing Hotel Isaacs on Tripadvisor. We are happy you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this summer. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was sceptical when booking this because its not the best end of town, however was pleasantly surprised when checking in.
The parking is about 200mtrs away in a secure church yard, you collect the fob for the electric gate from reception and walk back, this takes 5 mins or less.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the rooms were adequate and quite spacious.
I didn't eat in but the outside dining area looked lovely by the water fall and the menu looked good.
We definitely use this again next time in Cork.

Room Tip: Try to avoid street facing as its a main business street and there is a bus stop at the front and a pub opposite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bertie500,

Thank you for taking the time to review hotel Isaacs. We are delighted that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and that the staff were helpful. We hope to welcome you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We recently stayed in Hotel isaacs and were surprised with the premises as a whole. We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment and found it to be very spacious and clean. The hotel was central to the city centre and breakfast was very good.
The staff both in the hotel and the restaurant were friendly and helpful and we couldn't fault the location, food, apartment or service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kerry1_13
HotelIsaacsGreenes, General Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments – your comments are greatly appreciated.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Isaacs Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.

Brian Harrington

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We booked to stay here for 2 nights in one of the 2 bedroomed apartments. When we arrived, the apartments were excessively warm. I appreciate that this isn't the fault of the hotel, as it was unusually hot in Cork, but it was much warmer inside the apartments than outside in the sun and there was no way to get air inside.

After having spent all travelling in the surprising heat of Ireland, we were hoping to have showers before going to bed. This is where we had our first problem.

Both of the showers in the apartment didn't work. One of them managed a small trickle if you held the showerhead at ankle height, which was hardly practical.

I headed over to the reception where the night porter was struggling to check in three people who had booked two rooms. Some how, he failed to grasp the idea that they wanted a room for 2 people, and another for 1 person.

After waiting a good 10 minutes as he tried to help them, answering almost every question with "I don't know", I approached the desk to his surprise. He had assumed the whole time I was travelling with the 3 people he had previously been helping.

He assured me he would be up to help in 5 minutes. After 45 minutes I returned to the reception, as it was now past 11pm and we were disappointed to not have working showers before we went to bed. He came up to the room with me, tried to turn on the shower, and told me that it did, in fact, not work. He also said that the room was very hot, and that he was sweating just standing there. He did not offer a solution.

The night porter said that all other apartments were full, there was nothing he could do, and that someone would be at the apartment at 8am to fix the problem.

We then heard nothing until 10am the next day when someone finally arrived to fix the shower.

I went to the reception to see if we could get access to a shower instead of hanging around waiting, where I was told someone was there to fix it. When I pointed out we had already been waiting 2 hours, we were given access to another apartment with a shower. When I pointed out we were told they were full, we were told the night porter didn't have access to that information. I then questioned why they didn't just have a member of staff on duty at night, instead of just a random guy who knew nothing.

Our shower was finally fixed, but when we asked to talk to a manager we were told she wasn't in, and no one knew when she would be back.

We were massively disappointed that no one seemed to care about our problem or take any steps to make us more comfortable. We left the hotel and found somewhere much better, and actually cheaper.

The receptionist, who was lovely and tried to be helpful, told us she wouldn't charge us for either night, besides the €50 deposit we had already paid.

We could have had a much, much better stay for our €50.

Room Tip: Avoid the apartments. Access to them is through a dodgy back alley shared with kitchens.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelIsaacsGreenes, Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Andyttyork,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are sorry your stay didn't meet with expectations. The receptionist when speaking to you that morning asked if you would like to speak to the manager who was due back shortly but unfortunately timing was an issue. My sincerest apologies for not being available to speak with you on the morning in question, I was at a meeting that morning and returned at 11.15 am. It was unfortunate that the shower wasn't working on your arrival the previous evening. Our maintenance person starts work at 9.00 am each morning, the nightporter said 8.00 am in error. Our maintenance man was with you approx 9.30 and as discussed it was the capacitor that had gone in the shower, hence both showers were affected. He immediately fixed the shower. In the meantime, the second person staying in the apartment had been given a key to another apartment to use the shower until your one had been fixed.

Regardless, this was unacceptable for your stay and as such, once the receptionist rang me to inform me of what had occurred we immediately took the accommodation from your bill. The nightporter in question has been informed of your issues and this review has been shown to him. We try our best to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us but unfortunately sometimes we get it wrong and unforeseen problems occur. I sincerely apologise and hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you that we do try to give our guests the best service possible.