Hotel Isaacs Cork
  • Restaurant
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
  • Restaurant
1,008 results
All reviewsgreenes restaurantbeautiful waterfalllocal churchcity centremaccurtain streettrain stationcar parkno liftnight porterlight sleeperbars and restaurantsreception stafffew minutes walkroom was largehotel is in a great locationacross the riverstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The location was good, the staff very friendly and rooms large. The hotel is in severe need of some upkeep work or a remodel. Everything was terribly old, carpet coming up, chairs falling apart with foam coming out, etc... The mattress was hard, which some may prefer. No airco and rooms were hot. Not very enjoyable to sleep. Bathroom facilities were poor
Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HotelIsaacsGreenes, Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Nathr2013,

I refer to your recent stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments and thank you for making the effort to provide us with your feedback which is always welcome as we try to continually improve our offering to our guests.

Please accept my apologies to you any inconvenience or discomfort caused to you.
In recent years a large number of our rooms were refurbished and we have just recently commenced a programme of refurbishment on some of the remaining rooms which will in time deal with a number of the issues which you have highlighted.

I do hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting Isaacs Hotel & Apartments again in the future. Indeed if you are planning a return visit I would be most grateful if you would contact me directly in order that we could demonstrate that what you recently experienced is far from the norm at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and our thanks to you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was basic, generally comfortable and in an okay location. The rooms facing the main road can be noisy and there was a bright light directly outside our window. However, the room was spacious and fine for one night. It is a short walk into town across the river so the hotel is not in the centre of the action, but that can be a good thing as there was only morning traffic noise rather than any evening rowdyiness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road in front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Iristraveller,

I refer to your recent stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments and to your feedback which you kindly shared with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we are very grateful to you for your very complimentary feedback which is so nice to hear.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Isaac’s Hotel & Apartments again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The location was good, the staff friendly and rooms large. The hotel is in severe need of some upkeep work or a remodel. Everything was terribly old, carpet coming up, chairs falling apart with foam coming out, etc... The mattress was hard, which some may prefer.
Breakfast was good with an attentive staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelIsaacsGreenes, Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Rebekah00,

I refer to your recent stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments and in particular to your feedback which you have kindly shared with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you for the obvious disappointment you experienced with regards to the presentation of your room. As I am not aware of the particular room in which you stayed I cannot comment specifically but do of course acknowledge that there are a number of rooms within the property which remain in need of some refurbishment work. We have actually commenced this work in a number of rooms and I am sorry that on this occasion you did not have the opportunity to experience these rooms.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed Breakfast at Isaacs Hotel and that you found our staff to be attentive – thank you for such nice comments.

I do hope that should you be visiting the area again in the future that you will consider Isaacs Hotel & Apartments as we would greatly welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that what you recently experienced is far from the norm at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you have some dates in mind.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and our thanks to you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here with 3 friends last week, cant comment on the food as we had a apartment, the apartment was nice and great for the 4 of us, the hotel is situated in a great place for exploring cork and shopping as Patrick Street is only minutes away...
By far the best part of the hotel was Maria, for a receptionist she want well out of her normal duties to make our stay far better, a definate asset to the hotel.......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stiletto62
HotelIsaacsGreenes, General Manager at Hotel Isaacs Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Stiletto62,

Thank you very much, for sharing your feedback with us. We are indeed delighted that you all enjoyed your stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments and in particular we wish to thank you for your kind comments regarding Maria – it is much appreciated and I assure you that we will pass on your thoughtful comments to Maria.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Isaacs Hotel & Apartments in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Isaacs for four nights in May 2014. Ii is set back in a courtyard with a cliffside (real) and a waterfall (phony), but it provides a nice setting, for drinks outside as one example. I was quickly checked in, and in a very friendly manner, by Blanka, a young woman from the Czech Republic who had recently begun work here - you'll be lucky if she's the one that checks you in. Blanka was as efficient as she was friendly, and she and I struck up pleasant conversations every time I appeared at the front desk. Otherwise the hotel was good enough, I suppose. My room was large and looked out on MacCurtain Street, which can be very busy at times, but I had no trouble sleeping due to noise from below. The bed was comfortable, there was a very good-sized safe in the closet into which I easily fit my 13 inch MacBookPro - you could probably fit the 15 inch in as well.

I found it a bit strange that I was given a room with a bathroom equipped for the handicapped. Were they all like that? Or did the powers that be the Isaacs decide that old man Hrkach may need such accommodations?

I found the location convenient, but some of you might want to look on the other side of the river, as more seems to be going on in that section of town (English Market is one example, many more restaurants another). I was booked solid for the time I was there and had no need of other diversions. It's not far from the rail station and was very near the place where I had to meet my bus for two day tours, also an easy walk to the coach station, where I went to take a bus to lovely Kinsale for a day.

There is a restaurant on site, Greene's, where I had a delicious seafood late lunch on my first afternoon in town. Expensive, but worth it. I should note that Greene's as well as the hotel entrance are set back in the courtyard. There is another restaurant that fronts on MacCurtain Street, called Isaac's - it is NOT affiliated with the hotel - slightly confusing, thought you'd like to know.

A few problems kept the place from being perfect, however. First, I booked through booking.com, which stated (I'm cutting and pasting these words): "Free! Wi-Fi is available in all areas and is free of charge." Untrue. There was a charge for each 24 hour period if you wanted to be able to use it in your room. You could walk your laptop down to the lobby or bar and use it there for free, but NOT in the room - be advised.

Second, while the breakfast items were varied - maybe not quite enough fruit, but I found that to be true throughout Ireland - even cheese and cold meat were served, which I don't often see in Ireland the service varied greatly from morning to morning - on my first I was off on an early day tour, so had time only for coffee and the mini croissants and other pastries available - not the best but not bad - and a glass of juice - grabbed an apple for the trip. The second day I had plenty of time, but I got down to breakfast a few minutes after the prescribed opening time and waited, and waited. It was 15 minutes before someone came to take my order, even though staff breezed in and out of the breakfast area and saw me waiting. This was not a breakfast that came with the room, instead a rather expensive breakfast, by the way. Then it took another ten minutes for the order (scrambled eggs and sausage) to be delivered. The eggs were spiced, and all I really wanted was plain old scrambled eggs, but I was afraid to send them back, as I could be waiting there until lunch. The next morning I ordered continental only, and the fellow who served me said "It's a good thing you want continental, as we've just run out of everything in the kitchen!" The third morning was uneventful, and the final morning a super-efficient young woman took my order quickly, I was served quickly and all was well. But as I noted above, the service varies.

Other than that I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jack Hrkach

I refer to your recent stay at Isaacs Hotel & Apartments and in particular to your comprehensive feedback which we greatly appreciate. Thank you for taking the obvious time and effort to share your insights which I know we will find most useful in attempting to maintain and improve the standards which we set.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and wish to thank you for your many kind comments including those regarding our personnel.

With regard to the particular room to which you were allocated, we have just a small number of rooms that are specially adapted not just for able bodied guests but also for disabled guests.

Concerning our Wi Fi we have had a number of problems with its consistency which we are working through with our Provider and hope to have them fully resolved within the next fortnight.

Thank you for choosing Greenes for your lunch and we are pleased that you enjoyed it. We are obviously disappointed that your experience at Breakfast was so inconsistent – please accept our apologies. I assure you that we currently are and will continue to take the necessary action to prevent a repeat of such inconsistency.

I do hope that these matters did not spoil your entire stay and that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Isaacs Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.