“Refused with newborn baby”
Review of Patonis Restaurant

Patonis Restaurant
Ranked #505 of 645 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: European
Cork, Ireland
“Refused with newborn baby”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Went here today for breakfast/brunch with my mother and seven week old baby. My son was asleep in his maxi cosi car seat. We entered the restaurant on the side adjacent to Neville jewellers. I noticed a sign requesting customers not to block the entrance with buggys. At this side of the restaurant there were about 5-6 tables occupied.

We walked through the restaurant to an area at the second entrance where all tables were unoccupied (there was literally NOBODY there!) and there was ample floor space. As we prepared to sit, after positioning the maxi cosi adjacent to the table (not blocking an aisle way -should any customers come in), a middle aged waiter (the owner?) came over to me to say we could not sit/stay there due to health&safety reasons. He said the buggy would have to go! For anyone familiar with the size of a maxi cosi / on bugaboo wheels, this buggy is as compact as a chair. He offered that we could sit outside the door in the Shopping Centre corridor.

Needless to say, the option of sitting in a public corridor with my elderly mother, my seven week old breast feeding baby was not realistic or practical. I would love to rate this restaurant based on their food but due to their ridiculous anti child policy (particularily when the restaurant was more or less empty!!) I can't do this.

Instead I would encourage anyone to visit Jaye Taylor's around the corner. Brunch was superb, staff were welcoming and helpful.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Margaret C

Cork
“Good lunch option”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I'm a regular visitor, the long serving staff are always good natured and attentive. There's plenty of menu choice and the home made soup and Americano coffee are particularly good. Would recommend as a very good lunch option

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Peter O
Cork, Ireland
“Just like Home”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just like my mam cooks- Home from home! Proper Grub!

1 Thank Regina1208
Cork
“Very poor food and awful service....”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were there for a quick bite to eat recently and I couldn't leave the place quick enough.
We were stuck for time and my pregnant partner needed something to eat.

I only had a coffee and a caramel biscuit cake which was obviously no where near fresh and the coffee was weak and just not nice. My partner had a plate of chips and a can of coke, some of the chips weren't cooked properly .

The place itself is filthy dirty and the staff made us feel as if we were an inconvenience to them.There are a number of other places to eat in Wilton any of them would be better than Patoni's. We will never go there again.

• Visited September 2011