“great food”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I ate here at the bar a few times and the food and servis was great. So i decided to go for dinner with my parents and wife in the restaurant upstairs.
We went for the early bird menu as we were eating early as we have a two year old with us. The setting is nice and the services was very good. The early bird menu had many choices and included starter ,main course ,desert and tea or coffee.
The food was gorgeous. I had the goats cheese tartlet to start with side salad. Big starter and delicious. I had the steak "medium rare" fir €3 extra and it was worth it. It was cooked to perfection and had mushrooms ,onion rings chips and side salad and the whiskey sauce was gorgeous, Then desert was a rasberry creme brule which again was beautiful. We all really enjoyed our meal and the service was fantastic. We really had a great night. We are already thinking of an excuse to go back.

1  Thank kevin30041976
There are newer reviews for The Silver Key

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch during the week and was impressed at the quality food on offer. Unlike most bars at lunch, this one allows you to sit down and order through their helpful wait staff rather than queuing up with a tray. Had a delicious Lasagne and chips for €10.95 which was great value. Big choice on the menu too, will be returning!

2  Thank tooshortda5foot5
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We eat in the restaurant here very often. We have never had a bad meal there in all the times we've been. Service is excellent and the menu is extensive. Price is also very reasonable. Can't recommend it highly enough.

2  Thank CBSull
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Went here recently for birthday party.

Fantastic range of starters but as I was last, I missed my chance and went straight for main course - lamb shank. Well, I have never had a shank like it! It was cooked perfectly and accompanied by the 'just right' amount of veg The bread and butter puddings afterwards was superb .A brillian meal and I'll certainly be back for more.

Talking to everyone else afterwards, no one was disappointed and all enjoyed the meal.

1  Thank saravima
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Had a recent dinner here on a Friday night with 5 others and the consensus was that it was most satisfying. Service was excellent, attentive without being obtrusive and the food was first class. Had a seafood chowder to begin with which was rich in flavour without being too salty and had an abundance of salmon, hake, mussels and veg. Twice as good as another sampled recently in a 5 star hotel. My main course of plaice was excellent and one companion and I agreed it was one of the best we ever tasted. Others with warm chicken salad and steak were equally impressed. Even though the restaurant was quite full, conversation was easy as the high ceiling helps dissipate noisy chatter. Worth the money and worth another visit.