“Always go hungry”

The Silver Key
Ranked #218 of 632 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Cork, Ireland
“Always go hungry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ok, seriously, when you decide to take a visit to " The Silver Key" restaurant and pub, you will have to be some way hungry, as if not, you will never finish it all!!!! I have been there on numerous occasions for breakfast, (I will get back to that in a minute), lunch and a few times for dinner. On one occasion for dinner it was for my daughters confirmation in March of 2014, and honestly, they could not have been any more help to us than they were. We are ALL great eaters in my family and they were all struggling to finish it. Now, as said, getting back to breakfast, well, what a choice!!!! From a light brekkie to the full on Irish brekkie, WOW, with good old Irish fried potatoes served with nearly everything on the menu, oh, (was actually there this morning with my mom and yummy is all I can say, and that was at 10am it's now 2.30 and I am still FULL). And as for the good old cork staff welcome, well you can't beat that cork hospitality and you get it in bucket loads here,!!!! So, give it a try everybody, relax and enjoy, Cathy.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cathy Q

London, United Kingdom
“Sad Day lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were in Cork for a family funeral and the whole family had lunch at the Il Primo Restaurant at The Silver Key.
The staff could not have been nicer, the food was well prepared and presented and perfectly tasty.
All-in-all what was a sad day was made so pleasent by The Silver Key .... we can only say thank you.

• Visited May 2014
Cork, Ireland
“So tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been here twice lately, once with a group of about 7 people and the other with a group of 4. Not one person seemed disappointed on either occasion. I can honestly say that they have the best fish bake that I have ever tried - I had it both times. It's prawn and monkfish and I have been raving about it since I left there. The portions here are very generous, so nobody is likely to leave here hungry. The servers and the bar staff are friendly, which is always a plus; I had to query an item on the bill on one occasion and there was no issue with it. The problem was handled efficiently and customer service given was very good. I would recommend visiting this bar/restaurant. Also, look out for the promotions and deals that they run - reduced price starters/drinks with certain dishes, etc.

• Visited March 2014
cork
“Il Primo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is my second visit to this restaurant, and to be honest I only returned as I was meeting friends, If I as totally honest I do not feel the food here is anything to rave about. The chowder and gratin sauce taste like they had been made with milk instead of cream, I had a Medium steak that was more on the well done side and pretty dry and the creme brulee dessert was tiny. I will not be making a third visit here.

• Visited February 2014
cork ireland
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I ate here at the bar a few times and the food and servis was great. So i decided to go for dinner with my parents and wife in the restaurant upstairs.
We went for the early bird menu as we were eating early as we have a two year old with us. The setting is nice and the services was very good. The early bird menu had many choices and included starter ,main course ,desert and tea or coffee.
The food was gorgeous. I had the goats cheese tartlet to start with side salad. Big starter and delicious. I had the steak "medium rare" fir €3 extra and it was worth it. It was cooked to perfection and had mushrooms ,onion rings chips and side salad and the whiskey sauce was gorgeous, Then desert was a rasberry creme brule which again was beautiful. We all really enjoyed our meal and the service was fantastic. We really had a great night. We are already thinking of an excuse to go back.

• Visited February 2014