“Without a doubt, the best restaurant in Cork, Ireland”
Review of Flemings

Flemings
Ranked #15 of 59 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The pallet of food is absolutely superb & stunning! Have returned a few times and experience has been consistent. Service is impeccable with attention to detail, making the evening an absolute delight. The atmosphere is calming, relaxing and more importantly....inviting :) The chef is beyond talented and ensures every entree is designed with care and love. I would highly recommend the rabbit or foie gras starter!! For main course.... you have several options ;) The fillet of beef is beautifully cooked, the venison is sublime and so is the duck. You can't fault this restaurant. Once you visit, you won't want to go anywhere else! Leave room for their chocolate fondant or lemon tart - your taste buds will explode! Thanks to Eileen at Flemings Restaurant for making us feel like royalty when we visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sebastien G

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just had a wonderful time at Flemings arrived feeling a little unwell and had to retire after main course which was delicous only the best fresh ingredients are used. The rest of the party enjoyed the whole evening. I was on better form in the morning to enjoy the wonderful breakfast. The kindess and consideration shown to me was wonderful. Flemings is a must and a little different to the rest

Room Tip: Only three rooms and all have character
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The love in with cork continues,
Was at a family occasion here last sun,
The food was simply brilliant,
The pork,the roast beef,everyone was delighted,
Large group of us were promptly served,
Yes it is an old house,that's the charm of it.lots of original features.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Greenshootsireland
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Went to Flemings last night and enjoyed a fantastic meal, one of the nicest I've had in a long time. The staff were great, the owner was very friendly and chatty, and the food from starter to desert was full of flavour and character. It was my first visit here despite many years living in Cork. It won't be my last.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Just had a fantastic family meal... Great food, fantastic welcome, lovely ambiance - all lived up to the hype we'd heard from my Uncle about what a great place it was & what a great host Michael the owner & chef is - he gave our 5 year of the choice of anything she wanted & made us all feel very special... First time I think I've written a review... Would highly recommend

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We went in Feb.for the tasteing menu which was 110.00 euro per couple.
As you drive up to the house it looks so old and run down but we said maybe things will be better inside.
The dineing room look lovely but was freezing cold even though they had a fire lighting at the end of the room.
each course you got a tiny i mean tiny taste to sample they were all nice but i know its a tasteing menu but they were just a taste.
when the main course came out we got two baby pototoes to share.
When i went down stairs to use the ladys i got such a shock at how old it was some wall paper was even comeing off the walls.
I cant understand why they cant put some money into the decor,i know its supposed to be olde worldly but to me its very shabby looking.
over all not worth the money when you are in a cold dineing room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I cant say enough positives about Flemings. I work in hotels and love a good restaurant. This year I said I'd take my parents out for mother's day wanted somewhere really special. Based on reputation in the trade I knew it had to be Flemings for that all important extra treat.

From the very begining everything was amazing. We were warmly welcomed into a drawing room for pre-dinner drinks. Then into the restaurant for dinner. The service was to the highest detail, personal, unrushed, friendly and still formal. dinner was served with cloches - I have never seen that in a restaurant before. The food was without doubt the best food I have every eaten. The mixes of flavours was brilliant, quality of food was the highest and the portions were perfect. This is beyond a restaurant, it's an experience.

Thank you to all the staff, both front line and kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family