“Good Food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Took my Ceylon born parents here when visiting last week. They were impressed to find this restaurant in Cork! Great atmosphere with the music at a good level for conversation. The food was tasty with large portions, not greasy and the each rice grain was separate! The service was slow as the whole restaurant was waited by the manager, but despite this was excellent. Total was pricey, but worth it as food is better than two other Indian restaurants sampled in Douglas village which were poorer in quality for the price.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

After a long 4 hour driv3 from Dundalk I was really looking forward to a good Indian takeaway when I got home but unfortunately this wasn't the case. Ordered Chicken Tikka, omly to find that the chicken was dry as a bone and the separate Tikka sauce was dreadful. The nan breads were ok, if a bit stodgy and finally the manager/host couldn't provide me with a Vat receipt when I requested it. I definitely won't be going back!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Food was basic. The restaurant was also very hot and the manager had to be asked numerous times to switch on the air conditioner. They also did not have a baby changing facility which was a major issue for me. The only option they gave me was to change her in the toilet which i beggars belief!I had to change my baby in the car!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Since they don't have a page yet on TripAdvisor I said I would review under this page instead, as they are the same company.

The Bollywood Express in Ballincollig brings a new type of restaurant to Ballincollig. There hasn't been an Indian restaurant / takeaway in Ballincollig in about ten years, so its a fresh change that is welcomed by many.

Its amazing the amount of takeaways and customers that are in and out of the restaurant each time we've visited.

The interior decor of the restaurant is friendly, welcoming and modern which to be honest is a refreshing change from most restaurants which appear outdated and old.

The food here is good, above average Indian cuisine, but is not the best Indian food that I have tasted, but the quality is still high and is still very tasty.

Service here is exceptional; this place would be nothing without the waiting staff. The waiting staff are Ballincollig locals, who have worked in various restaurants in the town and know how to entertain and keep their customers happy. Service is prompt and always friendly with a smile and a chat. The staff really are the driving force of this restaurant.

Even had the pleasure of meeting the owner on each occasion that we visited and he seems like a very friendly and welcoming person, who takes pride in his restaurant and has good rapport with his customers and staff.

All in all a pleasure to dine here, food is good and service is excellent! Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We came here to eat on our second night in Cork because we were staying at a B&B nearby. It is a little tricky to find it coming from the east but if coming off the main highway there is a sign that points you up the hill. The restaurant itself is upstairs from another restaurant or lounge (?) and is laid out in a very modern, slick but dark style (candlelight only, just about). This was pleasant once you got done reading the menu.

There was one waiter but he was very attentive and courteous and continued to check in with us regularly even as the restaurant filled with other diners (once it approached the more Irish dinner time of 9pm).

We ordered the vegetable korma which was different than we'd ever had but quite tasty as well as a lamb and tomato dish (forgot the name, it was a new dish to me) that was equally delicious. The samosas we had as appetizer were so-so, not bad but nothing special. The various chutneys were all very good, however.

If you like good Indian food and happen to be in this section of Cork you should definitely check this place out.