“Amazing weekend”

Ranked #55 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Carlow, Ireland
“Amazing weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed in room 201, big family room, private bathroom. Spent two nights in the bar downstairs, had the best time ever. Staff were brilliant. €20 a night and across the bridge from Main Street for shopping in cork. Where could you go wrong!

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
WICKLOWIRELAND
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I came back here after 3 years and can't believe the changes in the place.It was great then. Stayed in room 107 Friday 6th and Saturday 7th Dec 2013 up the top horrible room lots of stairs to negotiate which feel like they're going to collapse under your feet. No towels,soap,toiletries,grubby shower with very little power and 1 toilet roll and the breakfast has changed for the worst. You used to get a fine size cooked breakfast now all paying guests only get is a mini breakfast well that's what I got both mornings.
Most annoying thing for me is I saw people come in off the street get a much better breakfast than me and I paid 130 euros for my 2 night stay.
I just can't believe how bad it's gone.
One good thing the young lads are nice behind the bar.
but that won't be enough for me to come back.What a disappointment it's not even deserving it's 2 stars now.

Room Tip: If you must book here DO NOT TAKE ROOM 107.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BRENDANDOYLE_9

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel is located in the centre of Cork. The staff are friendly and helpful. You get a very good breakfast and you really could not ask for any more from the hotel. Its a budget hotel so its not perfect but its warm there's a clean bed and a bathroom I would stay here again and recommend it to everyone. The bar downstairs is lovely and the locals are very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My two friends and I stayed at The Windsor in Cork on 4th and 5th of October. We enjoyed it so much we are going back. The staff are young and fun and no matter what we asked for we were accommodated. The food was very tasty and even though we were late for breakfast there was no issue. The location is close to Patrick Street and even though the rooms are abit dated they are clean. I left an earing in my room and when I called Ray had found it and was just about to find my number from the booking and he was going to call me to let me know. Home away from home and thanks to the management and staff for making our trip such fun.
Ber

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Galway, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

It's in amazing location is just 5 min walking from the city centre and bus station, the staff was very nice and friendly, I hope go again, the price was good.
The breakfast is included and the have a pub downstairs, with live music and perfect drinks.

• Stayed October 2013
Tralee, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

To Manager

l'm writing to you abt Room 107, I was in Windsor Inn b&b yesterday (28th Sept), I was waiting at reception for 15mins ring bell ringtone again cos nobody is in office - very poor staffs so they gave key 107 for single room upstair then I'm not happy with that l will never be there again. . I'm not happy with it that l will never be there again. l'm from Kerry.

Room Tip: 1) NO Towels 2) NO Soap 3) NO dryer 4) not very clean in bathroom (shower/door) 5) Shower Holde...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kerry T
Mantua, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great value for the money and the free breakfast was delicious! The pub downstairs plays music at night, as long as your windows are shut you shouldn't hear a thing. Attractions of cork city were in walking distance!

• Stayed August 2013