The Metropole Hotel
US$176
US$155
US$135
Hotel Isaacs Cork(Cork)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$122
US$118
US$148
US$130
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Pool
US$300
US$266
2,212 results
All reviewscity centreeveryman theatremaccurtain streetcar parkthe riverlovely hotelleisure facilitiespatrick streettrain stationstaff were lovelybreakfast roomreception staffpubsleesaunaireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Stated for 2 nights while on a course. Small but comfortable room and staff were very friendly. Only few minutes walk from centre which was handy. Gym and pool nice as well and was able to avail of aerobics classes. Lift up to rooms was pretty cramped and old!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank maevedunn
Roger R, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Meavedunn,
Thank you for your comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the whole team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do not hestiate to contact me directly when making your booking.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed one night, passing through Cork and chose the hotel because it was central. While it was clean and warm, and the staff were friendly, there are a few comments I would like to make.
The bath towels were small, more like hand towels, and were very worn . The bath water was not hot on the night, just warm. (Saturday 6th April 2014). There was not light on the dressing table mirror making it difficult to use it, particularly for my wife to apply her make-up. There was no sweetener on the tea tray. Finally, the breakfast buffet was very limited,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicolas H,
Thank you for your comments as feedback is an essential tool for us to measure customer satisfaction and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and please do not hestiate to contact me directly when making your booking.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location,central to City, bus & train stations. It has preserved its cordial image for over 100 years. The management & staff are wonderful : a special thanks to the Manager & reception personell...( Katerina ). The food is excellent ..Irish breakfast is a must here. A word of praise for Mary & John in the bar / restaurant,really friendly people. There is also Leisure Centre here ,ideal for swimming & Sauna...Free to Guests.
My room was very nice & clean,also the bathroom on suite.
Thank you, will return....Matthew Thompson

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor..really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Irish M,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed here for three nights. Hotel was clean and we were given a river view as requested. Room was nice but not too big. We wanted a double but got a double/single which restricted space further.
Staff were pleasant throughout and there is a very pleasant relaxing vibe as you relax in the lobby reading the paper or having a coffee.
The breakfast was a disappointment. It was very basic and two out of three mornings both milk and brown bread had ran out and not replaced.
Beware also of slamming loud doors as neighbouring guests leave their rooms in the morning. The doors are on a strong spring and never failed to slam shut every time.
That said we had a pleasant stay and if the breakfast was improved we would consider going back

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Toffeemann
Roger R, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear Orangemann,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Stayed in this hotel (conveniently located near the city centre) a few years ago in one of the worst hotel rooms I had ever been in owing to its size and location (it was like living in a cupboard, although it was meant to be a double room). Although I complained at the time, the staff were unable to offer me an alternative. This time (April 2013) I stayed as part of a group of fifty. I was glad to see some redecoration had taken place. My double bedroom was more comfortable this time but had a terrible view over a flat roof extension at the back. The rooms at the front of the hotel overlooking the main street seem to have a much better view. Our large group was well catered for at breakfast and at dinner. The food whilst being enjoyable was quite plain. There is a leisure centre attached to the hotel and if you are swimming you need a cap (E2 if you don't have your own). Staff were friendly, unlike the last occasion when they did not give me or my friends an option of paying the bill by credit card in EURO, rather than sterling, which was a rate that favoured the hotel, not the customer. Always something to watch out for when travelling in the Republic of Ireland and paying with a sterling credit card. Cheaper usually to let your card provider eg bank do the conversion for you.

Room Tip: Views better in rooms facing the main street (but I don't know about any noise levels!)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends