Belvedere Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsb bbus stopcity centrevegetarian breakfastlovely big roomfull irish breakfastsmall hotelgood sizesized roomwalking distancebreakfast was excellentvery comfortable staythe ground floorhome from homestayed here for one nightbed and breakfastold world charm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We spend only 1 night in Guest house and would Thank You all Staff - that was nice and quiet stay. Breakfast was fresh and nice.
We had big room - 1 double and 2 single beds (beds were comfy), rooms was clean.
Also we had tea,coffe,hot chocolate,sugar;milk and TikTak chocolate bars. That is very nice.
Thank You!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Well, lets start at the point that the mentioned B&B is nowhere from the "city" centre, along with another hotel that is quite close to it. If you will not come by car that you can use to go to the city or anywhere else, in that case you can "dig yourself", as there is only a rough road and pathway that is in inhuman condition and is quite busy, - where you will sink in to the plenty of water that is the result of the everyday storm and heavy rain in Ireland, and partially of the river that is within 20-25 metres away from the road - . Not talking about the flyover that you can see from the windows as it is also around within 15-20 metres away from the Lodge, where there are trucks passing constantly towards Tivoli. The breakfast is expensive, also we got an offer to "buy some fruit" to our 10 month old Son, ( in the case if we cannot get hold of any solid food to Him, as it is close to impossible to get in to the city in the mentioned weather unless we pay everyday for the quite expensive taxi there and back, about what they clearly did not care the slightest, as the manager, Vincent gave us a bus timetable, that is absolutely invalid. One of the taxi driver actually told to my Husband, that there is no such thing as "Regular bus" within Cork, also when my Husband asked multiple times about the buses at the Bus Station, they did not know anything, or they told, that they do not know when the bus is going to come!!! and this was the general attitude of the people all around in Cork. The do not know have a clue about anything, they do not care. Not even if there is a Baby in the mentioned situations! At this point I have to mention also, that they gave us a horribly disgusting travelling cot, that looks as if a baby would have scrambled some faeces on its side. The heating does not work anytime, - despite of the fact that my Husband spoke to one of the managers the first evening regarding it and they promised to set it properly -, but during the close to two weeks that we had to spend here, ( as we had the constant trouble with the website where we booked the accommodation to cancel it so ) , they did not do Anything! Apparently if they promise to do something, they "forget" to act so. There is no duvet in the rooms at all, just cheap very old blankets. The guests who spend few nights here are incredible low, the corridor was smelling cheap alcohol heavily by them, they constantly were shouting till minimum midnight with an elder child, and more times more different persons raised their TV to shout on the maximum volume in the middle of the night, that Ourselves had to sort as well, as nobody cares in this Guest House about anything, expect the money. If you already payed, it's too bad. Also the cleaners (natives) are incredibly highly primitive, I have never met like this before, they bang on the door loudly, and behave very common. They come in to the rooms when it is not requested, and do not do anything!, except open the window, that was also not requested, they did NOT change the DIRTY cups for TWO WEEKS, we had to ask for new towels, they do NOT give plus coffee/tea after the first day of staying. We asked more things here in the B&B, each of the managers along with Vincent and his French (?) colleague told to my Husband that "Okay, they'll do so." NOTHING HAPPENED DURING TWO WEEKS. As I said, this is quite much valid on EVERYBODY in Cork. Nobody cares about anything, not even the bus driver, when my Husband stood in the hurricane on the 12th February 2014 and beckoned to him to stop, he splashed my Husband down, so He had to walk in to the "city" COMPLETELY SOAKED, let alone did not stop, and when my Husband asked about him at the Bus Station of course they could not give any logical answer with some common sense. I have never been in such a backward place as Cork and its suburbs as Tivoli with such ANCIENT, THE UPMOST APATHETIC MENTALITY AND ATTITUDE TOWARDS FOREIGNERS. Also you hardly can do anything in Cork. And last but not least we had to ask/beg for the INVOICE FOR 8 DAYS, that they did not want to give to us, so that we would stay longer and they would get more money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AmiraKZ
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Belvedere is surprisingly quiet considering the location next to the main road and a flyover. We looked onto the nicely laid out garden so I can't vouch for the outside facing rooms. The room was large with tea making facilities and sofa and armchair. The staff were all polite and very helpful. The full Irish breakfast was a good start to the day. There is also a large hotel with good restaurants within a 2 minute walk if you want to eat locally. Really enjoyed my weekend stay, would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling to Cork for years for work reasons. Many years ago I stumbled across Belvedere Lodge. What a find. The family are so welcoming. If you are not driving it is a bit far from town. Breakfast is always fabulous . Better than most 4 Star Cork Hotels

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ossian G
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Whenever I visit Cork I stay here. This is not my usual practice as I enjoy trying out different hotels but there is something so compelling about the Belvedere that I have become a repeat guest. It just has real character. I cannot help but be charmed by the tea cosies on tea pots in the morning, large bottles of shower gel in the bathrooms and little bars of kit kats and mugs for your tea. It does not have a bar so that may be a down side for some. The rooms are always clean, staff members, especially the owners, are always friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning is always really good. It is oftentimes booked out because of its popularity so never persume there is always room, a mistake I have made in the past. All is all just a lovely, unique place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business