“Brilliant show!”

Pulses of Tradition
Ranked #1 of 14 Concerts & Shows in Cork
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I learned of Pulses of Tradition via Tripadvisor and I am so glad I did. I was lucky enough to be in Cork for the second last show of the season and I was not disappointed. The show was brilliant, a great show of Irish music, singing and dance by local Cork musicians. I'd highly recommend the show to all for 2014..

1  Thank alirt
in 3 reviews
"ireland"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I wish Trip Advisor had a rating above 'excellent' because this unique show deserves a higher rating. It is not just a music show. It is also a story which takes you back hundreds of years to the origins of Irish traditional music, its instruments and dance. With Ireland having become so cosmopolitan particularly in its cities, I imagine it may be difficult for tourists to find truly Irish entertainment. With this show, any visiting tourist would go home feeling they have seen an authentic view of our lovely Ireland. As an Irish person, I am biased, but also in attendance that night were people from Canada, France, America, Australia, UK etc. and all of us clapped and yelped as loudly at the end of each piece and gave the artists a standing ovation at the end. Each musical instrument was played beautifully and some of the musicians played many different instruments, including the wonderful Bodhran (the Irish Drum). Amazing singing and the dancers are absolutely fantastic; an eclectic mix of modern and old Irish dancing. As they introduce each piece, there is humour, a bit of (beautifully spoken) Gaeilge and Irish warmth. Whereas this is a great family show, I would advise perhaps that younger children could be bored, unless of course they are students of music.YOU won't be bored though, so when it is in town again (Saturday 15th Sept is last of the 2013 season but it will be back again in 2014), make sure to book your tickets which are priced very reasonably for such a show. By the way, the venue in Triskel is outstanding. As it is an old church, there is a lovely accoustic quality and you sit in the pews. Have fun!

2  Thank MaryCork
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I am not the biggest fan of traditional music and dance (regardless of the country), but I must admit this show was quite entertaining.

The musicians knew how to involve the people, making the show easy to follow and entertaining ate the same time, by using music played with the different traditional instruments, dancers, and also a dose of humor. And you can feel how the musicians really love what they do.

If you want to find out about traditional Irish dance and music, I would recommend this.

1  Thank Andreas H
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a wonderful show, and not just for tourists. We are "natives" with a lifelong interest in, and love for, Irish music and dance. It was an amazing show, the musicians and dancers are just great. As well as that, the venue is beautiful, which adds to the atmosphere. Highly recommended! Gerda R.

1  Thank Marymurphy46