“Oysters restaurant....a real treat.”
Review of Oysters Restaurant - CLOSED

Oysters Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Oysters - Cork City's First Dedicated Seafood Restaurant using local suppliers in all of its dishes, both from the land and the sea.
Wexford, Ireland
“Oysters restaurant....a real treat.”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

No preconceived ideas as to what to expect of the menu or the restaurant but I was so excited by my experience.
Attentive friendly staff and a varied menu are always good.
We were presented with gazpacho accompanied by fresh bread and a Hake mousse....quite the delicious little treat before we decided on our meal.
Starters of Scallops followed by a main of King Prawns ....mmmmmm
And then the highlight of the evening..dessert.
I chose the final dessert, the title of which eludes me but it consisted of a small bowl of ice cream, Espresso coffee, mini chocolate and biscuit plus the homemade potion of choice from the trolley ( could be Port, Apple Brandy,Whiskey with honey and Ginger plus others)
All in all a great success and I will certainly return.
Party of three and all agreed. :-)

• Visited October 2013

ireland
“Great good and service”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We dined here last week and had a lovely meal. We for the 5 course early bird (35 Eur) but well worth it. The attention to detail, presentation and food was great. Would highly recommend it. Mains are around 26 to 28e so the early bird is a bargain.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gerrimac
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Service and Good”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I dined alone recently in Cork and was very impressed with the service and food at Oysters. I was given a good table - not always the case when dining alone. Service was attentive not intrusive. I had the oysters - excellent and the Salad Nicose with swordfish and anchovies. This came with wonderful potatoes and bread.
I will return.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank 369Grainne123
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Should have a Michelin star”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

What a surprise to have such a superb restaurant in a hotel . The set early bird menu is excellent at €30 each . 5 courses. We had 3 little tasting appetizers ,cooked oysters, melting soft hake , choc mousse & coffee. Wine by the glass .

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Chris N
Cork, Ireland
“A seafood lover's Mecca”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I've been reading reviews about this restaurant for an entire year before I took the plunge. It wasn't that I was hesitant about trying this place - I was pregnant for most of the past 12 months so I would have had to avoid alot of the seafood options. I decided my first night out with hubby (post baby) would be at Oysters where I could freely indulge in the various choices on the menu. There was a warm welcome from the host and staff. The menu was very extensive with many choices of shell fish, and both cold and warm water fish. We had chowder and nicoise salad to start - both divine. My main was a prawn dish (3 ways) and hubby chose swordfish which we both loved. Dessert was equally impressive with a great choice. We were impressed by the delicate flavours, attention to detail and obvious hard graft which went into each plate of food. The bill including a bottle of wine was very reasonable for the overall dining experience. I would highly recommend it and cant wait to return there soon.

• Visited August 2013