“better than tayto park-”
Review of Rumley's Open Farm

Rumley's Open Farm
Ranked #32 of 149 things to do in Cork
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“better than tayto park-”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is a fantastic day out-loads to do for kids under 5 and fantastic value-once you re in you ve paid for all the animals,[fantastic range]playground,sandpit,indoor sandpit, bergs, and pitch and putt. Any bad reviews here must possibly be from rival entertainment as im quite fussy and it was fabulous.. Having been to tayto park, the animal range here was much better and the park is beautifully suited to kids
Thanks to all the staff !!!!!!

Visited June 2014

Cork
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good family entertainment”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited here with family. I noticed the "shocking" review at the side here and tho I can maybe see how someone could interpret "dirty and unsupervised" as reflections of certain areas I don't see any evidence of neglect. Animals, particularly pigs can get quite dirty. Farms are dirty, mucky places. All in all I think Rumleys gets the balance right between accessibility and a natural environment. The go-kart track was a huge boost for our kids, the zip line and the playground went down very well with the kids in our party ages between 3 and 8. The cafe looked really nice. We got takeaway coffees and delicious spelt buns. There was a great selection of cakes to choose from. A little ventilation or air conditioning would be useful in the summer though. The family ticket of 30 euro was a bit steep but understandable given the cost of running a place like this. My only gripe is seeing beautiful birds of prey in cages. My daughter's school class went here for a school trip last year and really enjoyed it so happy enough about it overall. They could do with better signage to find the place though. We had a brochure with a map which made it easy but my sister who didn't found it trickier.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Niall F
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Shocking”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

After having been here I went straight to the "terrible" reviews on here. I was instantly drawn to one written by a Vet. Read it and then decide if you want to visit. The children s "play" area mirrored the animals i,e dirty and unsupervised. I am thinking of writing to Cork City Council and the ISPCA about this place.

5 Thank Dave G
Cork, Ireland, Europe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“our own zoo :)”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have recently visited the farm wit my two daughters ages 3 & 5. they just loved it. the staff were so knowledgeable and informative about the animals and explained to them in kids own language. the animals all seemed to be well looked after which is the most important thing. and the food in the restaurant was really tasty and shop had all of their local produce from the farm which was even better. looking forward to returning. :)

1 Thank lauradaunt
Cork, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for Birthday party”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a great day at Rumleys farm celebrating a 7 years old birthday party, full marks everyone had a great time. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank kevin k