“Very good value and nice food”

CoMix Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #373 of 667 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Polish
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was very happy with the meal that I got here. Really different cuisine to what we I am used to. Very good value. Excellent for something quick and cheap

2  Thank decky_eire86

Reviewed 1 September 2013

It's my first time writing a review Been there many times. Every single time had to wait for 2 main courses for over 40 mins but not a word of complain as it's the only place in Cork serving Polish food really, also I can not really count how many times our order got mixed and what we were getting at the end wasn't really what we have ordered.. So went there with me husband on Friday evening last week. We've ordered potato cake with stew. My husband asked for set of salads but got gherkins with it. My were fine. We were really surprised when our plates arrived as it was after 10 mins (manager told us that chefs just finished cooking the stew that's why it was so fast). Portions were big but taste of the stew was really plain. Anyway we could't finish our dinner and decided to take whatever is left for take away. We asked for take away boxes where waitraiss has no hesitation with giving them. When we went to the counter to pay - manager was trying to make a joke of it but said that the next time there will be charges for take away containers as the dishes after our dinner needs to be washed anyway. In fairness I couldn't believe in what I've just heard. Very very cheap. No matter where you go you don't pay for TA containers. My good advise for the manager is to place a note at the door saying that customers needs to bring their own plates and cutlery so no additional charges will apply. Wont be going back for long long time.
Barbara

5  Thank Babo211
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I ordered a bowl of sour barley soup in CoMix. After what seemed a long wait for a bowl of soup in a quiet café my soup was served. The soup was so salty it was almost inedible. I should have returned the soup straight away but instead I proceeded to eat almost half of it.
Defeated, I brought my unfinished bowl to the counter and mentioned it to the staff member who, despite not tasting the soup while I was there, insisted there was nothing wrong as it is a salty soup and took the full price for it.

Seemed like a good place otherwise but I won't be returning as I can only assume that the chef is that heavy handed with all his/her seasoning as I find it hard to imaging any soup that is supposed to be that salty.

How can they insist that there was nothing wrong with the soup without tasting it?
Very unclever customer service.

4  Thank The_Black_Rider
Reviewed 7 May 2013

No butter on the sandwich, nor asked if I wanted any. One tissue between 2 people. Prices are very reasonable. Would probably go back to try the lunch only €5.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

been there many times. Only once was I unsatisfied. but it happens. I'm really glad someone finally made it to introduce Polish cuisine to the Irish who having welcomed Poles for years now, were not able to try out some of our specials. at this point I'm hugely impressed how many Irish would go and sit down there. I also saw Asian people there who as we know have a good cuisine beloved around the world. €5 for a meal of the day is a good price. The place itself consisting of 2 rooms with nice tables and chairs really makes it even better place for a dinner. I sure as hell recommend this restaurant.
can't say too much about Irish stew they serve though as I had it only once and I'm used to have it served in other way but it's still nice.

1  Thank 61Marcin61