“A lovely East meets West experience”
Review of Nosta

Nosta
Ranked #71 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve everything from tzatziki to aubergine salad; home- made cheese rolls,a fantastic mixed grill plates, creative chicken dishes, succulent lamb and the finest of tender fillet steaks. open kitchen literally lets the flavour of the restaurant surround the diners and all the breads and pizza's are cooked in wood burning oven right front of you.
Cork, Ireland
“A lovely East meets West experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had a lovely surprise lunch experience at Nosta today. Just happened to read the menu en-route to somewhere else and decided to give it a try. Very glad we did. The service was friendly and efficient without being obtrusive. The restaurant decor is modern, clean and uncluttered with an open kitchen at one end where you can see the chefs cooking. There is also an outside eating area on the street. The menu is extensive with something for everyone including children. It starts with Meze going on to pasta, pizza, grills, steak, steak sandwich, Pides (Turkish Pizza) and salmon. I had lamb skewers with salad and a tomato and chick-pea rice served with a yoghurt dressing and traditional bread. It was really tasty - beautifully spiced tender pieces of lamb - and plenty of them- and the dressing was gorgeous. My husband had the mixed grill which had lamb
chicken and kofta - again all beautifully spiced and served with a yoghurt dressing and he opted for chips instead of rice. We both thought everything was well presented and very very tasty. We also had a bottle of sparkling water and two cups of coffee and the bill came to E32.50 - which we thought was very good value. A lovely lunch experience and we will be returning.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Martina F

• Turkish first
“Very good”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lite lunch in Nosta. First time. Food was lovely and the service was excellent. Beautiful decor. Very clean. A little chilly inside. Overall very good experience.

Cork
“Poor experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went to this place for dinner a few nights ago with a friend. It began well with the waitress greeting us in a friendly manner but downhill from there. I was looking through the menu and as I has a small appetite I wanted a smaller portion to usual. I asked upon ordering if they do half portions and she said no so I inquired into the kids menu. I was told I had to have an adult sized portion and that they could not accommodate. I felt this was bizarre but got over it and order the spaghetti bolognaise. We weren't waiting long, drinks were served etc and then the good came. I asked about cheese and was told that there was parmesan. The waitress went to retrieve and upon delivery she began to sprinkle the cheese on my dish for me. I asked for a bit more and once she had put it on she swiftly walked away, taking the cheese with her! Again, very bizarre behaviour! For the remainder of our time there we were not once asked if everything was okay, very rude! The salad my friend ordered was great, however my spaghetti bolognaise could have done with a bit more seasoning and perhaps some garlic, a bit bland. Overall terrible experience and I shall not be visiting again.

4 Thank Janegreen77
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Great lunch in a side street”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Happened upon this new looking restaurant whilst shopping in the Patrick St area. Ultra clean throughout, pleasant & efficient staff and great food. Would visit again to sample more of the wide-ranging menu.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Brendan G
Dublin, Ireland
“Geat value and wonderful tastey food.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stumbled upon this place by chance and did not regret it. The menu is excellent and the staff are very friendly. We had the bread and dips to start, I had grilled lamb for main and my gf had the grilled chicken and it was so tasty. I would highly recommend this place. Food is delicious, cheap, atmosphere is nice and the wine is lovely!

• Visited October 2013