“Great Chinese in Douglas”

Rose Garden Douglas
Ranked #448 of 642 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Chinese
Cork, Ireland
“Great Chinese in Douglas”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I ate here twice recently both as a takeaway and as a sit down meal. The food was good quality, reasonably priced and came in large portions. The crispy shredded beef is worth a try. The interior is really well maintained. The staff are friendly and attentive. It was a very nice experience overall. For the take away its really very kind that the staff occasionally add a free 2L bottle of coke to a large order. Its nice to feel that your custom is appreciated.

• Visited May 2014

“Good Spot For Food”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

After finding the Rose Garden a few year's ago I go there quite often with friends. As oriental food goes its probably the best around. Nice and fresh food with a good atmosphere, They recently put a TV in the dining room for some reason or another I don't know why. Hopefully it goes. Try the shredded lamb its gorgeous, and they have an extensive specials menu. They do a very fine takeaway and delivery service. All in all a top eatery. Staff are very helpful when choosing your meal.

• Visited November 2013
Cork, Ireland
“More than I bargained for”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After a long and arduous day I thought I'd pop along to my local Chinese restaurant for a well deserved dinner take - away, having been there before I knew exactly what I was going to order and relished the idea of sitting down with a restaurant quality meal and a glass of wine. Within hours of eating at The Rose Garden, Douglas, Cork restaurant I was hit with the most gut wrenching food poisoning which gave me flashbacks akin to child labour!! When you visit a restaurant you expect adherence to kitchen health and hygiene, which was obviously lacking within the above named restaurant. All thanks to bad cooking standards I have missed work and incurred medical fees. I informed them of my food poisoning, the management replied with an evasive answer that they would put it in their customer comments sheet. Anybody visiting this restaurant would really need to think twice as the subsequent days having ingested their food may not be desirable.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank 609Columbus
“Delicious”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Very nice very good Chinese food good serves food looks very nice and not expencive I like Rosegarden very I goes to rosegarden every week

• Visited August 2013
London
“Lots of food!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Lovely restaurant, we went for the early bird menu but there was too much food, very generous portions, one order would easily do 2 people. Food was lovely.

Visited August 2013