“Another excellent stay!”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
MrsAMD
“Another excellent stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I just stayed at the Cork Clarion for the 3rd time last week...what a great stay! The hotel is fabulous - wonderful location, ver nice/spacious rooms, and a lovely staff. The CLarion is within easy walking distance of the main shopping, restaurant, and pub area in the city and is right next door to an excellent restaurant/bar - The Boardwalk Bar and Grill. Only 2 negative things to note: I do not recommend eating onsite - both the restaurant and atrium dining selections leave something to be desired. It was a little surprising that such an excellent hotel has such poor food. (Also note that the person I was dining with was a vegaterian, indicating to the waitress that she wanted no meant on her Caesar salad - then it came out with anchovies. We found out that it was impossible to get it without since the anchovie chunks are already in the dressing when they receive it. She was then offered a vinagrette (I believe) and it came with ham chunks in it! I've never seen salad dressing that comes pre-bottled with meat in it! Very odd!! (However, the breakfast buffet in the mornings is lovely and quite extensive.)The other odd thing was receiving a call from the front desk at 9:30 and then 10:00 pm due to a reservation mix up. With the later call verifying what I had already said during the first call. I was not pleased to be woken up the night before an early morning meeting - then to not have this addressed/nor be apologized to at any point in the stay. Aside from those 2 oddities, I highly recommend this hotel. I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and can honestly say this is on of my most preferred locations to visit, worldwide. :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear MrsAMD

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Clarion Hotel Cork based on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our city centre location was to your satisfaction. The issue with our food offering you encountered during your stay, please accept my apologies for this but be assured I shall follow up on these issues with the Head Chef for review.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your 4th stay with us in the not too distant future and if you should require any assistance with your reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, thank you for your review and positive comments about the Clarion Hotel Cork.

Clarion Hotel Cork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just returned from another great stay at the clarion. We were a party of four aged between 32 and 75. The staff can't do enough for you. The hotel is in a fabulous location spotless and the food is lovely. What more do you need? A special mention for mark Gibson guest relations manager. He booked a table at a lovely family friendly restaurant called scoozys for my nieces birthday. They made a real fuss of us. I can't recommend the clarion in cork highly enough. Love it.

Room Tip: Ask if a family room is available
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear jcrabtree,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Clarion Hotel Cork based on your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable time with us.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon and if you should require any assistance with a future booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a nice, modern hotel sitting right on Lapps Quay. Unfortunately, we ended up in a room right above the bar with a live eighties-rock cover band. We had specifically asked if the room was likely to be quiet when we checked in, and were told there would be no problem. The room was quiet nice in all other respects, and the staff were very helpful moving us late in the evening when it became clear that the noise was too much. This is probably a reasonable place to stay if you can be selective in room choice. The breakfast buffet was good, and it is an easy walk up to the main restaurant and shops area.

Stayed April 2012
Dear JoshC,

Thank you for posting your review of the Clarion Hotel Cork on Trip Advisor based on your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that the room allocated to you was not to your satisfaction and that your evening was interrupted however I am pleased to see that the staff on duty were able to rectify the issue and reallocate a new room to you.

I do hope we ill have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork soon, and should you decide to return, please contact me directly and I will ensure your next room is allocated accordingly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Ok so have been to cork a lot as its a city I love to go to.... Have stayed in numberous hotels but this was the one that hit home!!!! From reception eg mark who was so helpfull and caring to us helped wid wid everyneed we have!!! Thanks again mark... To the room we had an executive suite which can say it all... Stunning room over looking the quays!! Need I say anymore.. Service of this hotel and staff is top quality... We ate at 2 resturants onsite which both where delicious.... Entertainment was very good and only a stone throw away for what ever ur need is for night life... Need I mention the pool and spa!!!! Well worth a visit too.... Clarion caters for every need without a doubt and I'm deffo planning my next trip I can't wait!!!! I hope this review helps ye in making up your mind is where to stay as its top quality!!!! Can't wait for my return!!! Thank you mark and clarion staff for our best weekends away and see ye soon again... Tanya.... Xx :)

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank reagankian
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Had a fantastic time here. Mark at Reception was very welcoming and so accommodating. We loved the spa and the views. Bar food was delicious. Can't wait to come back :)

Room Tip: Ask if suites are available!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank louonemail
Norwich, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

We're travelling through Ireland and choosing different types of accommodation each night (using Trip Advisor advice of course!). Well while in Cork we plumbed for the modern comfortable hotel.
Upon checking in we asked for an exterior room (as people have advised on here). Unfortunately we were told that they were busy and none were available. I subsequently found this hard to believe as the hotel was very quiet (a Monday in April).
The room facing onto the atrium is just that - a room whereby for privacy you have to close the blinds. Generally fine (although the bathroom was beginning to look tired) but I have to say not as good as other hotels and B&B's we've stopped at in Ireland.

• Stayed April 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

booked the Clarion for a long weekend. Has been a few years since id been to Cork. Travelled down on a friday evening. Found the hotel handy enough but took a few drives around the block to find the underground car park, its down a side street beside the hotel. On arrival reception staff were efficient and friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor, well designed and had a beautiful view overlooking the river Lee and Cork city. We did not dine at the Clarion as choose to walk into the city as its just a 5 minute walk away and has an excellent choice of restaurants at good prices's. Cannot fault the Clarion, its an ultra modern Hotel within walking distance to Cork city centre

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends