“Fantastic stay at the Clarion in Cork city”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Thanks to all the staff and management at the fabulous Clarion hotel in Cork city for a great stay in October. We celebrated my sisters hen weekend at the hotel and we were very well looked after. As a group of 20 we were all very impressed with the hotel. The hotel is in a great location, it's luxurious and has great facilities. Breakfast is yummy and there was plenty of it, regardless of what time you arrived for breakfast. Our rooms were greats clean, spaciousness, warm and comfortable. This hotel stay is ideal for any occasion be it a romantic weekend away, family g et together or some fun time with friends. The staff are great, very professional and friendly. Thanks to everyone for a well remembered weekend.

Room Tip: Make sure you explain to the staff what type of room you are looking for and they will best advise y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2012

Dear Vacacciones,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your wonderful review about our hotel.

It is fantastic to hear that you all had such a wonderful time and that all our staff was so welcoming to you. I’m delighted that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I have passed all your compliments back to all our staff, who were delighted to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you & back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,521)

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We were one of 3 couples staying here for the Cork Jazz Festival and it was very lively!! Loads of live music at the hotel until the small hours.
Check in was very quick, very friendly staff. Our room was massive and very clean. As a bonus the toiletries provided were better than the usual stuff. There was also plenty of tea, coffee and milk provided in the rooms (we usually don`t have enough).
We didn`t eat at the hotel but the dining area looked lovely.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room book one on a higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dear Janet G,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and all our staff. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff. It is great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed all the live music that was on during the Jazz weekend.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

My Fiance and I booked a room for her friends wedding at the end July. We booked early and we were told we would be put down for a room with a balcony on the top floor. We got there and checked in no problem and went to the third floor and were given a lovely spacious room with a balcony which had a great view of Cork Town Hall. One of the nights we stayed there we had a dinner booked as part of the package. As we had eaten there before we expected a lot and we weren't disappointed the food is still the same quality and high standard we previously experienced. The breakfast is a buffet but still was plentiful and nice and hot. And the staff are very helpful and you are seated and have a nice pot of tea bought to you quickly. The wedding itself was great the function room looks out over the river with the town hall as the backdrop. The food was delicious and the drink plentiful. We did go into the penthouse suite as this is where my Fiance's friends were staying and it is very spacious over 2 floors with a huge balcony and great views around the city. I would throughly recommend staying here to anyone as the service is excellent and quality of food etc is delicious and very good value for Ireland in general.

Room Tip: Book early and you may get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear DudeEnfield,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review. Thank you for your very positive comments about our hotel and I am delighted to hear everything exceeded your expectations. I have already passed on all your feedback onto all the staff. It is feedback like this that makes our job worthwhile. It sounds like it was a great wedding, which is fantastic to hear.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Never again will I be staying here! I've travelled extensively and have never had such noise as I did outside my room tonight! Hotel were holding a private function I was told when I rang down about it, was told a manager would ring me back, 40 mins later I rang back ( surprise surprise nobody had called me back by this stage!) to be told they'd moved the function- closer to my room!!!!

Not suitable to business travel, will never stay here again despite it being closest to my office!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Figrolls_12
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2012

Dear Figrolls_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Clarion Hotel Cork on Tripadvisor.

I am very disappointed to hear that your experience when staying with us was not a positive one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming in service which you experienced. I assure you that I have already taken action on this issue.

If you would care to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me via email guestrelations@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future at which time I can show you what better service we provide.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed in the Clarion at the weekend organised a hen party for my sister there was nineteen of us altogether.On arrival the check in was very busy the staff got through the queue very quickly we were greeted by a lovely lady called Valerie who was such a great help.The rooms are gorgeous and very spacious.We had dinner in Kudos Restaurant on both nights the food was delicious and very reasonably priced.We did cocktail classes on the Saturday it was great fun and our barman Wayne was very funny.The breakfast was gorgeous and all the hotel staff were so friendly its a buffet style and the selection was fantastic and food was hot.A special thank you to Annemarie who i was in contact with making the booking and organising our cocktail classes and Valerie .The Clarion is definetley worth a visit and I would stay in the hotel again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Suzanne s,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and on behalf of myself it was a pleasure having you all stay at the Clarion, you were all fantastic. I am delighted to hear you all had such a brilliant time, especially at the cocktail classes. I have passed all your great comments onto Wayne & Annemarie who were delighted to receive them.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back in the near future, in which I will personally ensure you all have another fantastic stay.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 25 October 2012

The following is my experience of holding a meal for over 50 guests at the hotel. I stayed there overnight and worked with the staff over a long period ensuring the booking of guests for accommodation.

We had a great time in the Clarion. The international speakers and the
people who came to the meal on a Friday night were delighted with the
service that was received. I particularly liked the candelabras that
decorated the drinks reception. This was very well manned by the staff
and it was good to see all tastes catered for. Fruit juice was provided for
those that were not drinking.

During the meal itself, the staff were polite, alert, courteous and
helpful. We all commented on how easy it was to deal with them and
nothing was a problem. This made our job of entertaining guests much
easier as the quality of our surroundings was first rate.

My room and that of the others was lovely and it was really nice to
get the gift of fruit and chocolate. I also noticed that the corridors
were very clean and that there was staff moving throughout the place
all the time. Each of these were very friendly and greeted me
personally.

Finally, the breakfast was lovely - there was a great variety to
choose from and it was really good value for the price that we paid. I
was delighted that the hotel gave us a special rate for the conference
and the guests on Saturday was equally happy with their accommodation
and service. One member who had been to such things for decades, said
that the weekend in Cork was the best that he'd ever experienced. The
Clarion was an important part of the package that we offered to
people.

It was a pleasure to work with the staff in relation to bookings, they were very professional and helpful. My colleague and myself never had a moment's bother and anything that we asked about or had an issue with was dealt with easily. I doubt that we'd have had things as easy in other hotels!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank B0s_4
guestrelations101, Guest Relations Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear B0s_4

I would like to sincerely thank you for your exceptional comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. It is very rewarding hearing such great feedback and to know that all our efforts have been worthwhile.

I have passed on all your extradinary comments back to the staff, who were thrilled to receive.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion in the near future, in which I will personally ensure that you will have another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Although my wife and I did not love Cork when compared to our other stops in Ireland, the Clarion is a great choice if you are visitng. Our room was very nice and large and the hotel in general is very well maintained and service was excellent. Very nice bar with outside seating in nice weather. We especially liked the close proximity of the Clarion to the bus station since we did a day trip to Kinsale (highly recommended, 50 minutes by bus). It is also very close to the main shopping district and the entertainment/dining area (which we didn't find very appealing). It is about a 10 minute ride to the Cork Airport which we used for a flight to London. We definitely recommend staying at the Clarion when staying in Cork.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear geoheim,

Thank you so much for your great review. I am disappointed that you didn’t like Cork but delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork and that this made the experience more enjoyable. It is great to hear that you found our staff and the service so good. I have passed all your great comments back to the team, who were thrilled to receive.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future at which time I will personally ensure you have another fantastic stay.