“Lovely stay for our first trip to Ireland and Cork” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay for our first trip to Ireland and Cork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Visited Cork and Ireland for the first time (5 nights bed and breakfast) with my wife as part of my birthday celebrations. We found all the staff very friendly and helpful- the service was very good and attentive and the breakfasts and meals in the bar were excellent. Hotel is close to the centre so not too far to visit the bars with live music and restaurants if eating out! Would definitely recommend the Clarion and if we return to Cork in the future, we would book in there again with no hesitation.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear John F

Thank you John F for you wonderful and honest review of your recent stay. I am truly delighted that we made such a great impression on you and your wife.

Its wonderful to know that you enjoyed both our buffet breakfast and your evening meal throughout the five night stay with us, our Executive Chef Tommy and his team will be thrilled to hear such great feedback. Cork City have wonderful live music venues throughout the week all a short stroll from the hotel, we ourselves have live music in Kudos bar every Friday and Saturday night.

It would be my honor to welcome back both you and your wife to Cork Cork - perhaps next time for your own birthday celebrations!

Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Co. Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our first break away with our six month old twins and the hotel staff were so helpful and friendly, the room was spacious and bright with great views. The hotel is in such a great location just a few minutes walk to the English market and all the shops and has an underground car park. Definitely recommend to anyone heading to Cork.

Dear SueP1973

I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review following your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I am most pleased that you and your new family thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I’m glad you found the staff so accommodating and the bedroom comfortable. Furthermore, I am pleased you enjoyed the city center location of the hotel, just a short stroll from the main thoroughfare of Cork City.

Your compliments are most kind and greatly appreciated once again. I hope to welcome you and the twins back very soon.

Clonmel, Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I love this hotel, I have stayed twice and will continue to stay at this hotel when visiting Cork city.The staff are lovely, the hotel is spotless especially the rooms I could find no fault in them.Perfect location the city centre is 5 mins up the road, if I had to complain I did find my room very cold the last time I stayed and I do not like the breakfast, I really wish they would make it to order, but other than that beautiful hotel, I love it.

Room Tip: If your a perisher like me ask for a room facing the lobby, there much warmer
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear Pamela R

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us again at the Clarion Hotel and for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

I am delighted to read this is your return stay and we shall have the privileged of welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future. I am delighted that you found your room comfortable and cleaned to the highest standard. Thank you for your compliments in relation to our staff. We are very lucky to have an outstanding team working here. I am disappointed to read that you found the bedroom cold, if we had known at the time we would have solved that issue, my sincerest apologies for that. In regards to the breakfast buffet, over the years we have found this the most popular option for our guests, however we do have an additional cook to order breakfast menu for items like poached eggs, eggs benedict and the special dish of the morning are options like waffles and omelettes.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I look forward to having you as our guest once again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in December 2013 and had a really lovely stay! If i ever visit Cork again i wouldn't hesitate in booking the Clarion hotel.

The hotel is in a great location, modern, friendly and clean.

Breakfast was very nice and i also had a meal in the restaurant on the Saturday evening again very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear emmasouthshields

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us

It is truly heartwarming to hear that you would have no hesitation returning to the Clarion Hotel, it would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Cork City. Thank you for your kind words about both our Breakfast Buffet and Oysters Restaurant. I am delighted to read you found the hotel modern, clean and the staff friendly, we are privileged to have a very dedication team.

Be sure to keep an eye on our hotel website for upcoming special offers and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Easter weekend and we were more than happy with every aspect of our stay. The hotel is very well situated, within walking distance of all city center amenities. It is modern and very clean and confortable. The bedroom was large and well appointed. We had dinner on the first night in Oysters restaurant and we were very impressed. We also thought the breakfast was excellent. We enjoyed the swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The spa is very good also. Much as we enjoyed the facilities of the hotel we felt the best thing about it was the helpful friendly staff, who were always ready to go the extra mile .

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank crum65
Dear crum65

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of your recent stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I must say we are all truly overjoyed at reading your wonderful review. Its a delight to read you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, from the city center location, our guest bedrooms and of course the most important meal of the day breakfast. We are privileged to have Oysters Restaurant located here in the hotel, it will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to Head Chef Alex Petit. Furthermore, It always wonderful to hear compliments like 'going the extra mile' for our guests, I shall be sure to thank all the team for their dedicated work.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Cork City again in the near future

Polmont, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so central for getting about cork and the surrounding areas. It's right beside the bus station and a close walk to the main city centre high street.
The hotel itself is lovely. Our room was on the 5th floor and we had a balcony. Really helpful friendly staff too.
We used the leisure facilities downstairs and the swimming pool area was also very clean.
We ate in Kudos one night. Really lovely food and good service. Grady hotel!
Also on Easter weekend we came home to an Easter egg from the management. Lovely touch!

1 Thank Emma T
Dear Emma W

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay with us in Cork City

I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our leisure facilities and your dining experience in Kudos Bar was thoroughly enjoyed . I will ensure to inform our Executive Chef Tommy and his team of your wonderful compliments. Moreover, it gives me immense pleasure to hear you enjoyed our Easter gesture for all guests over the Easter Weekend

I again would like to express my gratitude for such a wonderful review and I hope you welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel in the not too distant future

Moran, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Room was very large & spacious. I was happy to have a window room because I like it cold. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Food in the downstairs bar was also very delicious! The bartender was amazing in that he went outbid his way & made me iced tea from scratch! I thought that was great because for all the places I stayed at no one took the time to even try to make iced tea.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jessica N
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Jessica N

I would like to express my gratitude for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Cork and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is truly heart-warming to hear that our team were courteous and helpful. Kudos Bar Team will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised. It shall be a pleasure to pass on your compliments to everyone who made your stay wonderful. Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our Kudos Food.

Kindest Regards,