“Wonderful.”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Uk
“Wonderful.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good check in. Helpful staff. Good parking. Lots of amenities if you want - swim, gym etc. Great location. Lovely rooms. Good breakfast. Would stay again.

Only downside, we specified one of our couples required easy access room. They were named. They got ordinary room. We got disabled access room with wet room shower. Would not have been so bad if we had access to a squeegee to dry the floor. I will NEVER install a wet room at home like this. Water goes everywhere. Can't see it works well for disabled users. Have seen much better versions that have enclosed sides - easy access but water stays within area of shower

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank gill.e
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear gill.e

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit and for spending time to write a wonderful and detailed review of our hotel.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are fortunate to have a city centre location and an outstanding team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork, and I will be certain to forward on your comments. It means a great deal to us all to know that you will return to the hotel.

I sincerely apologise for the mix up of the bedroom allocations. I understand this would have caused a inconvenience to you & your guests. However, I am delighted to read this had no effect on your stay with us.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Cork City

Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stay here regularly on business, I have only good things to say of the staff, the hotel itself can't and the service. Even though I do business about 10km outside the city centre with a hotel right next door to the building I work in, the Clarion is my number 1 choice when I'm in Cork.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Callum P
Dear Callum P

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel Cork

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoy your stays with us, we always enjoy hearing from our returning guests. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise of our hotel, I am thrilled to know that you are so pleased with our staff & service.

Once again thank you for your return custom. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork City in the near future

Warm Regards,

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Upon check in I must say the front desk staff were awesome, they are why I gave 3 stars & not 2. They were friendly engaging & helpful. The hotel has a modern feel however our triple room felt small & claustrophobic. Our traveling companions of 2 had a larger room than we did! Our room faced what I imagine is a halfway house as there was noise coming from there at all hours & since I had the bed closest to the window I heard it all! The breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special. The wait staff that we encountered for 2 days were not friendly nor engaging, at times it felt like they were purposely avoiding us. We had to get up to go ask for coffee. The location was walking distance to shopping and close to the river. Even with that I think I would opt for a different hotel when visiting Cork.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank azsunspot
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear azsunspot

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review from your recent stay with us in Cork City.

Firstly, its a pleasure to read that you found our reception team outstanding and helpful, our reception team take great pride in their work and truly enjoy their job.

Of course I am disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy our buffet breakfast, we receive very positive feedback on our breakfast and I would only love if you could go into more detail. Please except my sincerest apologies for the level of service you received at breakfast, our breakfast manager Naz and myself are retraining the entire breakfast team to ensure that our standard of service is met at all times.

I also wish to apologise for the noise disturbance you experienced, unfortunately having a city centre location can lead to a disturbance. However, our reception team are available 24 hours a day and if they had known of any discomfort they would have contacted the local Garda station. I shall be speaking with our nights team, as this should have been monitored during the night.

I very much hope you would reconsider staying with us on your return stay to Cork City. I would be most grateful if you could contact me or my Guest Relations Manager Sonia when you plan to return, so that we can personally oversee your entire visit.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here as a couple in May for a few days. Our room was excellent. Special mention to both the toiletries and accommodation staff who were very friendly.
We had dinner in Kudos on our first night. We both had a prawn dish which I can't exactly remember, but it was so good.
The bartender Eion whipped us up some strawberry mojitos which were exceptional. His recommendations for bars to visit didn't fail to disappoint.
The atmosphere on a Thursday was great. The music, a collection of upbeat summery songs and interesting covers got us in the mood to hit the town.

This has been my second visit to Cork. If I return, the Clarion will be my destination of choice.

Room Tip: If you feel like you might dine in the hotel at least once, the package deal is great value
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah F

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to Eoin and our accommodation staff. It means a great deal to us all to know that their efforts are recognised.

It's wonderful to read your marvellous comments about our Kudos food, our two Asian chefs take great pride in their wok dishes and I look forward to passing on your review of their prawn Crying Tiger dish.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Cork City and thank you for recommending us to others.

Richmond, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've stayed here every other week since March and I can't speak more highly of the accommodation the staff and the service. I've stayed at a couple of other hotels but The Clarion is my first choice when I'm in Cork. The food is excellent and the bar is always buzzing especially when there's football on the big screen TV's.
There's also a great pool, sauna and steam room as well as a well equipped gym.
The reception staff are always helpful and friendly and try a coffee and a cake in The Atrium as a special treat

Room Tip: Try to get a front room overlooking the river with a balcony if they are available.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pottsy56

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to express my sincerest thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. It's always wonderful to hear from our returning guests.

I must say we are all truly overjoyed at reading your kind review from start to finish. I am utterly thrilled with your wonderful praise of our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to know that our reception team have made such a great impression.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our Kudos Bar and especially our Atrium Café - we have just added iced teas and coffees to our Café menu which are simply divine. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork City, hopefully in the not too distant future

Cork, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I called into the clarion to collect relatives that were staying in the hotel. While I waited I decided to have a scone and coffee after waiting ten minutes in a quite lobby it arrived. Not only was it a mish mash of plates. The scone was as dry and hard as a concrete block and tasted even worse. The pink cup of coffee on a white side plate looked like the coffee was either baked on or never washed properly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JosephMcNamara
Dear JosephMcNamara

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent experience.

Naturally I was am dismayed to learn that you were not satisfied with the café crockery or the scone. I would like to apologise sincerely to you for such a disappointing experience.

Our Atrium Café crockery has a selection of pale pink, blue and white designs, from our tea pots to the side plates. We do mix and match the three colours, and have received very positive feedback on the style. I would like to assure you that I have taken your comments regarding our Café scones on-board and shall be speaking with our Executive Chef to discuss, as our homemade scones are freshly baked every morning.

We take great pride in the quality of our service, and it is very disappointing to know that it did not reach your expectations on this occasion. Once again, please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Clarion Hotel again and I'd ask you to contact me directly when you choose to do so, as I'd like to personally oversee your visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights but I wish we could have stayed longer! The restaurant Kudos was great! The room service and the staff were very nice. Very close to Saint Patricks street where all of the shops are! The room was beautiful and the view was great! Lovely place to stay!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Emily F
Dear Emily F

Many thanks Emily F for sharing your amazing experience with us. I am absolutely delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your two night stay.

I am glad to note that you were pleased with our location, and that you enjoyed our cuisine, particularly our Kudos Bar. I am especially pleased to know that you wished to have stay longer with us. Thank you for the kind words about our team, I am very proud of our dedicated team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, maybe for one of the may up coming festivals or events in Cork City

Kind Regards,