“Great hotel, great location, great room!”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here on business recently. I got a great corner room which was huge. Room service was quick and the food very good. Decor in the bathroom was a bit tired, but not enough to drop a rating. Bed was comfortable and little noise at night. Overall excellent. Strongly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul_41LD
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Paul_41LD

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to hear from a returning guest. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback in relation to our bedroom & comfortable beds. I am thrilled with your very kind comments.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our room service menu, I will certainly pass on the wonderful praise to our room service team. I am sure that they will be thrilled to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Darragh Brady

Write a ReviewReviews (2,530)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding recently and it ticked all the boxes. Good value room including breakfast. Plenty of variety at breakfast. Check in and out quick and easy. Staff friendly and pleasant. All in all a nice hotel

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank kenneds4

Dear kenneds4

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and also, for taking the time to write your wonderful review of the Clarion Hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your review. I am thrilled to know that you immensely enjoyed the wedding. Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast buffet. I am delighted to read you found the reception team efficient, we are privileged to have a very dedication team at reception.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Cork. Be sure to keep an eye on our hotel website for upcoming special offers

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends stayed in this hotel Sat 28th June, we booked a package deal which include B+B, dinner, drinks and transfer to and from the marquee. From check in to check out everything was perfect. Location is ideal, all the shops are short walk away. Our dinner was lovely and service was excellent. We were told the wrong time for bus departure but when we asked at reception, a taxi was organised no problem and we were collected straight after the concert by the bus. Leisure centre is beautiful. Breakfast was unbelievable there was an abundance of fresh food available and again service was excellent. If i was to fault anything it would be the paying for parking €10 per car per night. Overall the hotel was great and I will definetly return!! Just to give Sonya a mention she was very helpful and friendly throughout our visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Used for weekend stay. One of the best hotel locations in Cork City, our room was on upper floors with great views.

Bed very comfortable but took up too much space and made our room slightly cramped.

Staff friendly and both checking in and out was fast and smooth, bar staff very friendly.

A bit on the pricey side for B&B

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear JerryDublin2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at the Clarion Hotel Cork

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were pleased with the service in the hotel, as well as our location. We are fortunate to have a dedicated team and I will be certain to forward on your comments to the reception team. It means a great deal to have their efforts recognised.

I do apologise for the cramped feeling in the bedroom. However, I am also very glad indeed to know you found the beds comfortable and slept well.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Clarion Hotel on Lapps Quay in Cork because we were attending a concert in the Marquee in Cork and the hotel seemed to be the most appropriate, it is at the top of the river Lee and the Marquee venue is a couple of miles from there in the docklands. We arrived at the hotel, (use a sat nav as the one way system in Cork is very awkward for visitors unfamiliar with it) and on checkin Alex asked if we were going to the concert. Smart thinking by the hotel, they had organised a courtesy bus to and from the event. They had organise late night snacks in the hotel bar after the event and a free beer on production of the event ticket. We were delighted as we didn't fancy walking or taking a cab to the Marquee and back. The bus dropped us to the entrance and we waiting on return, brilliant service and fair olay to the Clarion.

Staff are very friendly in this hotel. Terrific service. The room was nice and modern, big bathroom with bath and shower. Nice comfortable bed. Free wifi which is a plus. There is a lovely Atrium in the hotel for lounging around and having a coffee. Nice little coffee bar with snacks in reception area.

I would return to the hotel for its modern decor and service. It is up the top of the river Lee but you can walk to the city centre in about 10 minutes. Nice shops on Oliver Plunkett St. The hotel does not have a car park but you can park behind the hotel, and the Clarion have an arrangement with the car park for overnight stay.

Good breakfast - nice buffet with fresh fruit and juices, good selection of hot and cold food.
Hotel Recommeded.

Room Tip: 117 is a fine big room overlooking the river. Nice and quiet and near the Atrium.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IrelandMarty

Dear IrelandMarty

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review on Tripadvisor and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently in Cork City.

I am blown away by your review, it is fantastic to read through it. It gives us all great pleasure to know that you would rate us so highly, and that you enjoyed each and every aspect of your stay so thoroughly.I am especially grateful to you for your marvellous praise of our Live at the Marquee courtesy bus service. It gives me great pleasure to know you enjoyed the services available to all our guests.

I will be certain to forward your review to the whole team, as I am sure that they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they made such a fantastic impression.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I just spent a night at The Clarion whilst in the City for a concert at The Marquee.
Well, from the moment we arrived we were treated to excellent service, form the top quality welcome at reception through to all the bar staff, both in the evening and at breakfast next day.
A lovely touch was providing a complimentary shuttle service to/from the concert venue - completely unexpected.Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Paul D

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review from your recent stay with us in Cork City, its a delight to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am truly delighted with your wonderful praise of our hotel from start to finish. It gives me immense pleasure to know that we made such a great impression.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of Kudos Bar, breakfast and of course the Marquee shuttle bus. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while on a business trip to cork recently. Excellent location & excellent service. Close to all city attractions & many great restaurants & pubs within walking distance. Perfect business hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Angela B

Dear Angela B

Many thanks Angela B for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am absolutely delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your three night stay.

I am glad to note that you were pleased with our location, and the service you received from my team. I am very proud of our dedicated team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, maybe next time for a vacation.