“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from a stay at this hotel, we stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is fab!
The rooms were very comfortable with all the extras... robes, turn down service at night etc. We ate in the restaurant food was lovely and reasonably priced. Location is great and the staff are very friendly and helpful! I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Walshj16

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish and were looked after during your two night stay . The entire team will be over joyed with your comments and this will be a great motivator for the busy times ahead.

Thank you for your kind words on our Restaurant, it brings great joy when guests immensely enjoy their meal.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Cork City in the near future. Thank you also for choosing the Clarion Hotel.

Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here overnight when we went to see a concert, hotel put a courtesy bus on which was a nice surprise. Room was fairly standard but comfortable enough. Best parts of the hotel were the bar area and the service which was fantastic! The staff couldn't do enough to help you. A great atmosphere in the hotel, loved it and would certainly stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LE127

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently in Cork City.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our hotel, it was a delight to read your review. We are fortunate to have an outstanding team here at the Clarion Hotel Cork, and I will be certain to forward on your comments. I delighted you took advantage of the courtesy bus to Live at the Marquee, I hope you also enjoyed the live music back at the hotel afterward the concert.

It means a great deal to us all to know that you will return to the Clarion Hotel and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and daughter stayed on Saturday, 5th July. Everything was fine until they returned to the hotel after the Christy Moore concert and attempted to get a bite to eat. They are both coeliacs' and had advised the hotel of same when making the reservation. When trying to order food from the limited bar menu and room service they were told that there were no gluten free products available and that the freezer was locked where I assume the gluten free bread was kept. The staff did not offer alternatives such as salads or a fruit selection. Given that Ireland has one of the highest incidences of coeliac disease I am surprised the hotel does not appear to be catering for their needs.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John O
Dear John O

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us in Cork City.

I am truly disappointed to read of your experience. I generally receive positive feedback that all members of staff are efficient and friendly. I hope you can understand that I am shocked to read the response you were given after the Marquee concert. Please rest assured that this have been followed up with, and will not reoccur. You had kindly notified us of your family dietary requirements and as you highlighted it is a common request, which we are used to catering for. Please except my sincerest apologies for the standard of service you and your family received.

I am glad to note that everything else was fine during your stay and I am very grateful for your feedback.

I very much hope you would reconsider returning to us in Cork City. I would be most grateful if you would contact either myself or my guest relations manager Sonia when you plan to return, so we can personally oversee your entire visit.

Kindest Regards,

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

City centre hotel but with a nice airy atrium and pleasant cafe and bar facilities. Everything was great for my stay but only after I moved rooms. I would have marked the hotel excellent for it's price but my first room faced the atrium and I thought it was a bit oppressive without natural sunlight. They also play music during the day which I personally can't stand. I was moved to a rear room facing out and it was much better. So check your room and don't be afraid to be asked to move. staff were very accommodating. had great sandwich in the cafe and good espresso. Avoided the bar, was all a bit too exciting with a dup playing..!

Room Tip: Check were you room is situated as this will affect your stay!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jon b

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and also, for taking the time to write your review of the Clarion Hotel.

I was delighted to read your comments in regards our Atrium Café & of course our staff. We are truly privileged to have an outstanding and dedicated team and I am delighted they located a second room for you, which you found comfortable.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Cork City. Be sure to keep an eye on our hotel website for upcoming special offers

Warm Regards,

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We (4 females) had a great weekend in the Clarion in June. Our rooms were lovely and spacious with balconies overlooking the river. The hotel is very central which is great for shopping & sightseeing or just relaxing. The leisure centre was brilliant and the food & service in both the restaurant and bar was great. I don't think I have ever encountered better staff in any hotel I've stayed in whether on business or pleasure here or abroad. We particularly remember & compliment Sarah (manager) who was so helpful & available to guests. Valerie in Reception was great and thanks Aideen for our lovely manicures. We were not surprised that the hotel was so busy. We just had a lovely weekend!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anne460
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Anne460

I was thrilled to read that you and your friends were well looked after from start to finish. The entire team will be over joyed with your comments and this will be a great motivator for the busy times ahead.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the Clarion recently while attending a concert in the Marquee in Cork. Reception staff were friendly and welcoming. Rooms were bright and clean. Food in the bar was excellent. Complimentary bus service to the Marquee was a great bonus. Highly recommend this city centre hotel. Have already booked for our Xmas family trip to the panto.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrsatroy
Dear mrsatroy

On behalf of the entire management and staff team here at the Clarion Hotel, a sincere thank you for the 5* review, we truly appreciate you taking the time to write your kind review.

It was a pleasure to read your lovely comments about our bedrooms and the experience that you had during your stay. We take great pride in our staff and am delighted that you received such a warm hospitable welcome.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one weekend night for an occasion in cork city. The hotel itself is right in the city, airy, modern and rooms clean and pretty. The leisure centre was a huge bonus and the staff (particularly staff member Diane) were fantastic.

Parking is under the hotel and €10 a night (which I was a little surprised at for paying guests, but I suppose it is the city centre)

My room was directly over a bridge between buildings which was used as a smoking area so had to keep my window closed- I'd ask for a room away from that on my next stay.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Jconroy

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us and indeed for choosing to stay with us. I am absolutely delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I am glad to note that you were pleased with our location, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Sanovitea leisure centre. Thank you for the special mention of Diane who is a asset to hotel, we are very fortunate to have her as part of our team and is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

In regards to the car park, unfortunately we don't have our own car park. Lapps Quay car park is a public car park, which we have a reduced rate of €10 per night. My sincerest apologies if this caused any inconvenience to you during your stay.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, and perhaps next time upgrade to one of our Executive rooms overlooking the River Lee & boardwalk.