“The jury is still out”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrive to find the staff working hard and were very friendly no fault there. Had a executive room booked WOW what a great spacious room will a lovely view. Now for the not so good bit which maybe a bit picky but for the money we paid I have to. Not happy to see no toilet paper roll holder the ledge at the back of the toilet is where it sat. There was a very loud private party in the Kudos bar and went on until 4am onto the streets, the next day there was rubbish and glasses and vomit everywhere. Maybe they should check these things and think about the rest of the guests. Breakfast was nice and again the staff make this hotel very friendly. As we were traveling light though they might supply toothbrushes with a small tube of paste like all other hotels who charge these rates, as we had to find a shop that sold them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear toandfrotraveller

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review from your recent stay with us in Cork City.

Firstly, its a pleasure to read that you found our reception team helpful, our reception team take great pride in their work and truly enjoy their job. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed your spacious bedroom and our buffet breakfast

I would like to apologise most sincerely and unreservedly for the after math of a private party held, the area surrounding the hotel should have been brought back to normal after the party finishing. In regards to the toothpaste and brush I once again profusely apologise, as this is one of the many complementary items we offer our guests but unfortunately we recently we out of stock. As you can imagine we are quiet embarrassed and should not have happened.

I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel again. I would be most grateful if you could contact my Guest Relations team when you plan to return, so that they can personally oversee your visit.

Warm Regards,
Darragh Brady

Write a ReviewReviews (2,530)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent one night last May. Lobby was very busy at our arrival but check-in was quick. We got a quite large and comfortable room, very modern and stylish. Breakfast was fine. Clarion is very well located, within walking distance of numerous pubs and restaurants. We had a last drink at the bar, a nice place with very friendly staff. Underground parking provided but I can’t remember if we had to pay a fee. I would definitely stay there if I visit Cork again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AuldCom

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write your kind review on Tripadvisor and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently in Cork City.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the friendly service & facilities provided at the hotel and of course the central location of the hotel.

I truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your return to Cork

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were a group of retirees and enjoyed one night's stay in this hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for its comfort, helpful staff, cleanliness and ideal central position.
Thank you all for making our stay so very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sheilafriends

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful feedback in relation to our hotel & location. I am thrilled with your very kind comments.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your group back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived on Saturday 5th July at about 12 noon. The lobby was busy as there was a gig that night in the Marquee. We had come down to see Christy Moore. We asked at reception if our room was ready by any chance and as it happened it was. We were checked in in immediately and with no fuss and a great friendly attitude. We went up to our room and were delighted with it. This is our second time to stay here and I must say it is very good. We went out to meet our daughter in town and had some lunch. We went back to the hotel then about 4 in the afternoon and booked dinner for 6. I the went to the well equipped gym and my wife went for a swim. The staff there were helpful and friendly. Our daughter arrived for dinner at 6. The restaurant Kudos had specials for the word cup and the marquee and were very good value with a decent variety. We went to the gig which was by the way top class. Everyone should attend a Christy gig at one time in their life. Put it on your bucket list. Next morning we had breakfast at 9. It was busy as the Munster football final was on that Sunday. The breakfast was good but could have been warmer. That said it was very nice and again the staff were very friendly and attended to my wife's gluten free needs as requested. Afterwards we went to the gym and pool again. We checked out at 12 and were given a bottle of water each on departure. A nice touch. Parking was free for our stay so overall a very good city break hotel.

Room Tip: Less noise higher up
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick R

Dear Patrick R

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us and indeed for choosing to stay with us.

I am absolutely thrilled with your kind comments. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of our staff and service. It is immensely gratifying to know you enjoyed your stay from start to finish.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, perhaps for Live at the Marquee 2015.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stated here with 8 friends and expected the worst as a tight wad mate booked it. Au contraire. Deserves all it's stars. Good room. Helpful staff. Good bar. Great location. Even came back at 4am to find a bouncing bar for a night cap.
Will def stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
Clarion C, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear GeekEcosse

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

I was thrilled to read that you and your friends were well looked after from start to finish. The entire team will be over joyed with your comments and this will be a great motivator for the busy times ahead.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and two girl friends stayed here at the week-end. The hotel is within walking distance of all the good pubs & restaurants. The room was spotless, excellent staff, very reasonable, can't fault it! Would definitely recommend the Clarion for value! Not luxurious, but perfect as a base for our girls night on the town!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear clare M

Thank you for your kind review of your experience at the Clarion Hotel Cork.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I was delighted to read your lovely comments about our staff and the service you received. We are privileged to have a hard working and dedicated team working here and I look forward to passing on your wonderful review to all.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Cork City in the near future. Thank you also for choosing the Clarion Hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

good food, good room, a really nice place to stay. visited my sister and found that all was at walking distance. lovely pool and spa. would definetely recommend this hotel to other travellers, with or without company

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ireenj
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear clare M

I would like to express my thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Clarion Hotel and for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

I am delighted to know that you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise of our hotel, I am thrilled to know that you are so pleased with our location and the accommodation.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our service. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

Be sure to keep an eye on our hotel website for upcoming special offers and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Warm Regards,