“Hen/overnighter”

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Hen/overnighter”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

All I can say about the Clarion is thank goodness we picked it for our hen activities. From start to finish the stuff were fantastic, the facilities were perfect, the food was amazing and the accommodation was superb.
We had all our activities in the hotel from afternoon tea to spa treatments to penthouse bbq and finally finished in the hotel bar.
Not once did we feel we had missed out by not going to the city centre.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Upper floor City view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Deirdre M

On behalf of the entire management and staff here at the Clarion Hotel, thank you for your superb review.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read through your comments. I am absolutely delighted that you and your group enjoyed our Essence Spa, afternoon tea, and our bedrooms. A Barbeque in our Penthouse always works well for a group who wish to have a private space, and I hope you enjoyed the evening views overlooking the River Lee, City Hall and the Harbour. I look forward to passing on your comments to our team, as I am certain that they will be just as delighted as I am with your review.

Thank you for your recommendation and it would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Cork City, hopefully very soon.

Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have usually stayed in a different hotel in Cork, but chose the Clarion for the location. Very happy with the room, food and staff. It is a short walk from the city centre and beautifully positioned on the river.

Room Tip: Spa at the hotel was a bit hit and miss, two of our party had great treatments, mine was not good at...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Colette E
Dear Colette E

Thank you for taking the time for writing your wonderful review.

I am thrilled to hear you decided to stay with us and more importantly enjoyed your time with us. I must agree we have superb location for both convenience to the Cork Centre and the location overlooking the River Lee & City Hall. I am also delighted you enjoyed the food, our service and our bedrooms. The team will be delighted to hear your great comments.

I do hope you will return to us on your next visit to Cork City, as it would be an honour to welcome you back.

ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed recently for 1 night in this great hotel. It is very modern and very clean. All staff were really friendly and great with our kids, from reception, bar/restaurant and cleaning staff. There was a small play area in the lobby dvd's to watch and toys/colouring so our kids were delighted and gave us time to chill and have dinner but still able to see them. Breakfast was excellent-wide variety of continental and hot food and all very fresh and tasty. Dinner didn't look very appealing and portions a bit small (except kids portions were huge) but tasted great. Room was lovely and clean. Saw previous tripadvisor recommendation about corner room and I would also recommend this, especially for a family. We had loads of space even with double, single and pull out sofa bed. Would definitely return as a couple or with kids.

Room Tip: Corner Room for loads of space
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear IrelandKaa

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and for choosing the Clarion Hotel for your recent stay in Cork.

I am thrilled you and your family enjoyed your overall experience with us. It is very gratifying to know you were looked after by all the team and you able to take advantage of the Atrium kiddies corner, this area has proven to be a great success over the summer holidays with both children and parents.

Thank you for complementing our buffet breakfast, with our full hot buffet selection and continental selection there is something for everyone. Of course I am only delighted you all enjoyed your evening meal in Kudos Bar, however I am surprised that you found the portions small as we generally receive feedback that portions are more than generous. However, myself and our Executive Chef Tommy shall take this feedback on board.

I am thrilled that you would return to the Clarion Hotel Cork and I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Really enjoyed my overnight stay in the Clarion Cork, great location ,beautiful views of Cork ,
staff friendly and helpfull , making a guest feel welcome the minute you walked in the door.
Rooms bright airy and clean, quite with no 'next room' or corridor noise, bathrooms well equipped with power shower,hairdryer,bath robes etc.
We had dinner in hotel restaurant 'Oysters'...loved it, fresh fish..oysters,swordfish,hake..beautifully cooked and presented, also did fab beef steak for one of the party who didnt like fish, service was efficient and friendly, will definitely dine here again.
Location perfect , just walk out the door ,5 mins from bus station and main shopping area ,restaurants a very short walk away.
Child friendly, had small childrens area behind reception with toys ,books etc and kids club.
Would definetly return to Clarion Cork for another treat weekend.

Room Tip: Front rooms have beautiful views of ' Lapps Quay' and Cork city
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Clarion C, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Cathy684

We are very grateful to you for your marvellous praise of Oyster's Seafood Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have Oyster's located in the hotel, we all agree the food and service is 5 star. Whilst they do specialise in seafood, their menu does indeed cater for all tastes. It is easy to see how Oyster's Restaurant quickly established itself as a popular restaurant in Cork City.

I am delighted to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay from start to finish, It was a pleasure to read through your review. Thank you also, for the kind comments about our hotel, especially our service, location and bedrooms. Our kiddies corner by the Atrium Café & kids club has proven to be very popular with our smaller guests and I'm delighted your children enjoyed their stay. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Cork City, hopefully very soon.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here 3 nights. Location is perfect -- a 10-minute walk to the train station, 1 block from the bus depot, and about a 5-minute walk to the main drag. The room was large and very comfortable. Great staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RaglandTTiger
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear RaglandTTiger

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Cork and for taking the time to post your wonderful review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your overall experience and it is great to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic location of our hotel near all the attractions of Cork City. I look forward to passing on your description of the team as 'great staff', I'm sure they will be just as delighted as I am.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel. The hotel is always clean and the rooms comfortable. The inside courtyard rooms are best as the ones along the street can get noisy if there is a lot of activity in the bar and restaurant along the street.

Breakfast is always good and for us was included in the room price. It is buffet style with your typical Irish breakfast.

The staff at the hotel (and hotel restaurant) are extremely friendly and always go above to provide the best service.

A bonus to this hotel is the small coffee shop outside along the River where you can get a delicious drink and also relax by the water.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rhonda L

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us in Cork. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review, we are always to delighted to hear from our returning guests.

Thank you for complementing the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel, we take great pride in our work and it is a daily priority to ensure the hotel is kept to a high standard. Having a central location, our bedrooms overlooking the Atrium are indeed the quietest bedrooms we offer our guests and I am delighted you availed of it. Thank you also, so you kind words on our staff they are a credit to the hotel and I shall look forward to passing on your review to them all.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your return trip to Cork, hopefully the near future.

Warmest Regards,

North Yorkshire
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend break in Cork where we stayed at the Clarion Hotel. It is a refreshing change to stay in a large city centre hotel where the staff are so pleasant and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff, we encountered, were keen to ensure that we enjoyed our stay, not only at the Clarion, but in Cork as well. From the busy receptionists to the bar/restaurant staff to the room staff - all added to the enjoyment of our stay.
We had breakfast on both mornings and one evening meal in the hotel. All were well recieved for choice, quality and value.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony - it costs more but it is worth it for the views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Andrewspink311

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and in Cork. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

I am thrilled that our staff and the service you received was a real highlight during your stay. Our staff are a great asset to our hotel and were delighted to receive your kind words.

It was delightful having you stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards