“Extremely family friendly central hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Cork City

Clayton Hotel Cork City
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin
“Extremely family friendly central hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children) had such a wonderful and relaxing experience in the Clarion Hotel. It is such a good location, right on the quays which allows for a pleasant wander around Cork City and walking distance to a great choice of shops, restaurants and bars.

The hotel itself was the highlight. We stayed in a family room which was very large and bright, 2 walls of ceiling to floor windows with great views that completely blacked out at night. The bathroom was also very big, with a free standing bath at the back that the children loved.

The staff are extremely helpful and not bothered at all by kids running around in the evening. We were sitting in a large and very comfortable foyer next to a children's play pod and little cinema. The children could play away in the seated pod with toys provided by the hotel and in our view all the time. It's so well designed that they didn't seem to bother any of the other hotel guests either. There is also a complimentary kids club in the mornings and evenings.

The food was fantastic as was the leisure centre. I really cant fault the hotel in anyway. We were thrilled with our experience there, in every way and will definitely be going back there again.

Room Tip: For a family, we were on the 6th floor, in a corner room, really big for a family of four and the b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Halzer

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit to Cork and for spending time to write a wonderful review of our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your review from start to finish. I am thrilled to know that you all immensely enjoyed your time with us. I am also so delighted to read that your children enjoyed their play area in the atrium and our Summer Kids Club, we love ensuring children are made to feel as welcome as their parents during their time with us.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Cork City in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Turkish first
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My partner and I stayed last weekend rooms clean but a little small with a terrible view of offices. Had dinner included which was fabulous well done to the chef! Had a treatment included in our package and when I called to book was asked if we would like to book the hydro tub also as extra....was a great price that I was quoted until we had the treatments and was triple what I was told on the phone! Was very unhappy but didn't make a fuss as was our first time away from our baby and my break away before I return to work. Overall it was ok food great and would dine there again but felt for the price we paid it wasn't worth it so would not return.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sal1987
Dear Sal1987

Thank you for taking the time for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening meal and our Executive Head Chef Tommy wishes to pass on his thanks for your kind praise of his food and you would consider dining with us again.

I do wish you had spoken to us about the mix up in regards to the Hydro Therapy Bath offer you received, there would have been no fuss made. I am disheartened that this occurred and you would not return to us over something we would have corrected immediately. Please except my sincerest apologies for this inconvenience and I am currently following up with our Spa Manager to understand how this occurred.

I would only be delighted if you would reconsider returning to us in Cork. We would appreciate if you would book through my guest relations department who would ensure you have the most comfortable stay from start to finish.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Prescot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We recently enjoyed 2 separate 1 night stays in the course of one week at this hotel. On both occasions we were very satisfied with the service that we received. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff were helpful and very pleasant. Breakfast was also very good. We ate in Kudos restaurant on both occasions and, again, service and food were very good and value for money. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ann R

Thank you for staying with us during your two recent visits to Cork City and for taking the time to post your review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed both of your experiences in our hotel, from our very comfortable accommodation and of course our staff. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast, with the full hot buffet selection and continental selection with an array of cheeses, breads, meats, cereals, fruit, and much more, there is something for everyone. All this feedback is very encouraging and the team will be delighted to read your kind review.

I am thrilled that you wish to return the Clarion and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards

Arad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed for a few days in clarion due to a urgent business trip. One of the reasons I choose clarion was the location and the staff resposivness when I booked. We were getting in the morning and they storred our luggage until we left to eat. The hotel is quite crowded, so usually will be a lot of people in the lobby or at breakfast . The breakfast was great, with many things where you can choose. The location is excellent, but I think the price is quite high. Overall was a nice experience.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Bogdan V

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and in Cork. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

Thank you for mentioning our buffet breakfast, we see breakfast as the most important meal of the day and delighted that you enjoyed it. My team are committed to delivering an outstanding service to all guests and I am delighted that you received this commitment. It is a great motivator for our staff to receive wonderful feedback like yours and they will be just as happy as I am to read your review.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and perhaps next time, keep an eye on our website for specials offers.

Warmest regards

Herts. UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Hotel very good. Disturbed by noise of downstairs bar/gym.
Didn't like Father Christmas being in lobby August! Staff didn't either.
Reception and waiting staff all vg, but surprised they seemed all Eastern European and missed a local accent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Christine100

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing the Clarion Hotel for your recent stay in Cork.

I am most pleased to see that we provided great service on your visit to the hotel. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to our reception team and our service teams, I am sure they will be just as delighted as I am with your kind words. I would like to note that we are very fortunate have a team from all parts of the world including Cork, which generally is appreciated by travel makers who have little or no English.

In regards to our Christmas display, this was done due to the large number of enquires we have received recently, it was never our intention to upset anyone. Please except my apologise for any noise disturbance you experienced, I truly hope this had no impact on your over all stay with us

I do hope you will return to us on your next visit to Cork City, as it would be an honor to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for a few nights whilst attending some gigs in Cork, hotel is lovely and in a great spot, the reception area is big it feels like you are entering an office block as opposed to a hotel, but still more spaces for sitting and waiting etc. I would recommend this hotel at the right price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear JADMIX

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your visit and that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel.

I must say however, that I am disheartened that you felt our reception area felt office like . We have recently refurbished our reception and atrium area to create a warm atmosphere where guests can enjoy some relaxing time and enjoy a coffee & snack from our Atrium Cafe. It tends to be very busy throughout the day and I am sorry you didn't enjoy the area.

On a lighter note, thank you for you recommendation to others and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cork in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We're traveling around Ireland and selected the Clarion Hotel, Cork to stay for one night on our way to Dublin.

The receptionist was charming, friendly and helpful, the big room with a comfy king bed and great pillows was just what the doctor ordered for a wonderful nights sleep, the fantastic wi-fi signal was exceptionally strong in the room and upon waking I had already determined to give the Clarion Hotel an excellent review and rating on trip advisor.

That was until we went down for breakfast ---- The breakfast lets the hotel down, things like tasteless juices, dry scramble egg, dry hash browns, strong flavour of vinegar in sausagesn and tasteless coffee.

Having travelled around Europe for 5 weeks this was one of our worse breakfast experiences. Opportunity here for management to do something about their breakfasts.

Apart from the breakfast we absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Clarion.

Room Tip: Ensure you request a river view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Max R
Dear Max R

I am thrilled that you decided to visit Cork City during your trip to Ireland. I hope you were able to experience some of the wonderful visitor attractions, restaurants & nightlife and of course the shopping.

I am glad to know that you both enjoyed a good nights rest, and I hope that we helped to make it a very special break for you during your trip. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise of our WiFi and the warm welcome you received from our reception team.

However, I am quite disheartened to read that you were not so pleased with our buffet breakfast. I am truly sorry that breakfast wasn't to our hotel standard and I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. I shall be meeting with my Executive Head Chef Tommy to understand how this occurred and ensure it doesn't reoccur. We shall certainly be taking this feedback on board.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and once again, thank you for you review