“One of the Best Stay”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
London, United Kingdom
“One of the Best Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

If you visit Cork, you should stay in Clarion to make it worth. This was my 3rd visit, all were official. Loved the rooms, well lit and nicely decorated. In fact whole property has a beautiful decor, like that of a 5 star hotel. Beds are very comfy, Big clean bathrooms. Breakfast is great too, lots of variety.

And off course the best part is the location, Its in the city centre, One side you have a river and other has a bus station. they even have a daily shuttle to my office.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Any room should do
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear gaurav_sngl

Thank you for your glowing review, we truly appreciate your time and high remarks about our hotel.

I am only delighted that you have enjoyed your overall time with us on all three occasions. It brings us great joy to know a returning guest regards the hotel so highly and you enjoyed our bedrooms, central location and our buffet breakfast.

Once again, thank you for your continued support and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cork City in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Darragh Brady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here for almost two weeks. Rooms were very spacious with modern amenities and kept in tip top shape. Staff at the reception area were very well trained. Internet was adequate. Location is perfect, nice view of the River Lee and about a 5min walk to/from everywhere. The downstairs lounge area is very comfortable, I spent a lot time hanging out there instead of my room. I would argue this might be the best hotel in the City Centre.

Room Tip: Request a room with a scenic view of the River Lee
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Clarion C, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Norman Farrish D

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Clarion Hotel and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your two week stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments, its reviews like yours that gives the entire team including myself a great boost of morale.

We are only delighted you enjoyed all the facilities and of course the central location of the hotel to the city centre.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, hopefully in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

stayed with my family which includes 2 young kids for 3 nights . We had an excellent stay, the family room was big enough for all 4 of us and the staff were probably the nicest i've dealt with in a while. They accommodated us with our toddler without any hassle.The breakfast was great and there was a lively buzz to the place with the location only 5 minutes from the centre. My eldest cried when we were heading for home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank fionan h
Dear Fionan h

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us at the Clarion Hotel Cork and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you kindly for your high praise of all of our family room and our buffet breakfast, and also your wonderful praise of our team.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back especially your eldest child in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children) had such a wonderful and relaxing experience in the Clarion Hotel. It is such a good location, right on the quays which allows for a pleasant wander around Cork City and walking distance to a great choice of shops, restaurants and bars.

The hotel itself was the highlight. We stayed in a family room which was very large and bright, 2 walls of ceiling to floor windows with great views that completely blacked out at night. The bathroom was also very big, with a free standing bath at the back that the children loved.

The staff are extremely helpful and not bothered at all by kids running around in the evening. We were sitting in a large and very comfortable foyer next to a children's play pod and little cinema. The children could play away in the seated pod with toys provided by the hotel and in our view all the time. It's so well designed that they didn't seem to bother any of the other hotel guests either. There is also a complimentary kids club in the mornings and evenings.

The food was fantastic as was the leisure centre. I really cant fault the hotel in anyway. We were thrilled with our experience there, in every way and will definitely be going back there again.

Room Tip: For a family, we were on the 6th floor, in a corner room, really big for a family of four and the b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Halzer

Thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel during your recent visit to Cork and for spending time to write a wonderful review of our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your review from start to finish. I am thrilled to know that you all immensely enjoyed your time with us. I am also so delighted to read that your children enjoyed their play area in the atrium and our Summer Kids Club, we love ensuring children are made to feel as welcome as their parents during their time with us.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the Cork City in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My partner and I stayed last weekend rooms clean but a little small with a terrible view of offices. Had dinner included which was fabulous well done to the chef! Had a treatment included in our package and when I called to book was asked if we would like to book the hydro tub also as extra....was a great price that I was quoted until we had the treatments and was triple what I was told on the phone! Was very unhappy but didn't make a fuss as was our first time away from our baby and my break away before I return to work. Overall it was ok food great and would dine there again but felt for the price we paid it wasn't worth it so would not return.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sal1987
Dear Sal1987

Thank you for taking the time for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening meal and our Executive Head Chef Tommy wishes to pass on his thanks for your kind praise of his food and you would consider dining with us again.

I do wish you had spoken to us about the mix up in regards to the Hydro Therapy Bath offer you received, there would have been no fuss made. I am disheartened that this occurred and you would not return to us over something we would have corrected immediately. Please except my sincerest apologies for this inconvenience and I am currently following up with our Spa Manager to understand how this occurred.

I would only be delighted if you would reconsider returning to us in Cork. We would appreciate if you would book through my guest relations department who would ensure you have the most comfortable stay from start to finish.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Prescot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We recently enjoyed 2 separate 1 night stays in the course of one week at this hotel. On both occasions we were very satisfied with the service that we received. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff were helpful and very pleasant. Breakfast was also very good. We ate in Kudos restaurant on both occasions and, again, service and food were very good and value for money. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ann R

Thank you for staying with us during your two recent visits to Cork City and for taking the time to post your review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed both of your experiences in our hotel, from our very comfortable accommodation and of course our staff. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast, with the full hot buffet selection and continental selection with an array of cheeses, breads, meats, cereals, fruit, and much more, there is something for everyone. All this feedback is very encouraging and the team will be delighted to read your kind review.

I am thrilled that you wish to return the Clarion and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards

Arad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed for a few days in clarion due to a urgent business trip. One of the reasons I choose clarion was the location and the staff resposivness when I booked. We were getting in the morning and they storred our luggage until we left to eat. The hotel is quite crowded, so usually will be a lot of people in the lobby or at breakfast . The breakfast was great, with many things where you can choose. The location is excellent, but I think the price is quite high. Overall was a nice experience.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Bogdan V

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and in Cork. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

Thank you for mentioning our buffet breakfast, we see breakfast as the most important meal of the day and delighted that you enjoyed it. My team are committed to delivering an outstanding service to all guests and I am delighted that you received this commitment. It is a great motivator for our staff to receive wonderful feedback like yours and they will be just as happy as I am to read your review.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and perhaps next time, keep an eye on our website for specials offers.

Warmest regards