Clayton Hotel Cork City
  • Pool
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
  • Pool
2,568 results
All reviewsclarion hotelkudos barthe riveranne mariecork cityhen partythe penthouseoliver plunkett streetcar parkmodern hotelcentral locationbus stationlast weekendgreat weekendexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcity break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My husband and I with some friends spent the weekend in the Clarion Hotel in March 2010. The gentleman on reception ( Sorry did not catch his name) was particularly helpful and very friendly throughout the weekend . We were given room 417 a much larger room than we had had on a previous visit. The hotel is very central and minutes away from restaurants and bars. It is a very comfortable and welcoming place where cleanliness and furnishings are up to a high standard.
The cost of the 2 day stay was extremely good value and we will definitely book in at the Clarion on our next visit and have no hesitation recommending the hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2010

Dear CatilinaDublin,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that u and your husband and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the central location of the hotel here on Lapps Quay.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2010

My wife and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary in the Clarion Hotel Cork on Wednesday 24th February. From the moment we arrived (11.30am) we were made very welcome. We could have been allocated a Room at that time but the recptionist suggest that we wait a few hours as we were to be allocated a Room facing the river which we had requested in advance. Having had some "Retail Therapy" we returned at 3.00pm and were allocated a Room on the 6th Floor overlooking the River Lee. The Room was excellent and very well Fitted.
We had dinner that night in the Kudos Bar and Restaurant and it was excellent, for Quality and Value. In particular, the girl who served us was from Germany but had a beautiful Cork Accent , was very attentive to all our needs.
After a Good Night's Sleep we had a Full Irish Breakfast the following morning and relaxed in the Atrium to read the daily newspapers.
My only regret was not usung the Leisure Facilities which looked very good.
All in all a very enjoyable stay and I look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Dear DaleLimerick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the central location of the hotel here on Lapps Quay. I have passed your kind comments onto the team here in the hotel.

I do hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2010

This hotel would make you drop. The minute you walk in the fabulous white foyuer and reception hits you.And the atrium is amazing. As for the staff. They were so so helpful and nice, they even delivered a ham sandwhich to our room at 1am for my sister!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
DGMCork, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

Dear evanhiggins2k10,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We get some great feedback on our central Atrium area which is a great place to relax and unwind in with a coffee and a snack from our Savour Menu. I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel who are delighted that you enjoyed their hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future where you are sure of a warm welcome.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2010

I went up to Cork for work and was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was absolutely beautiful, and I loved how well kept it was. I loved the free internet and the service was absolutely great - everyone at the front desk was so polite and nice, they definitely made you feel at home.

This is a great hotel and I'd love to stay in the Clarion again if I ever go up to Cork for work. The only thing I'd do differently though is just ask for new pillowcases just in case...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business

Dear Shaz 07,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Clarion Hotel Cork I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with others.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We take great pride in the quality of our service in the hotel and take great pleasure in reading comments like this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2010

From the moment we arrived to check in the level of service and friendliness at the hotel was exceptional. We were very early but the receptionist arranged for our room to be cleaned as priority and arranged for us to leave our bags and they would be in our room when we returned. She was very good, explained about the hotel and the surrounding areas giving us a map with directions etc.
Our room was really lovely, a balcony and view of the river, we were lucky with a beautiful sunny day, lovely to sit and watch the world go by. The level of cleanliness was very high, everything had been thought of from the seperate hairdryer, iron and ironing board, to the complimentary water, fruit and chocolates.
We used the health club facilites and found the staff very helpful and friendly, as in fact most were, maybe the breakfast waitress let the hotel down slightly, but I think you only noticed this because of the calibre of the other staff.
The Kudos bar had a really good, buzzing atmosphere in the evening, the prices were very reasonable compared to the bars and restaurants in the area, we did find it very expensive to eat and drink out, even more so than London.
We loved every minute of our stay at the Clarion and would be sure to recommend to our friends, especially with the cheap flights available from Ryanair it makes this an excellent short break, just be prepared for the prices of Cork!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah18,

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here in Cork and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard. i have passed your kind comments on our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel Cork very soon where you are sure of a warm welcome.