“thank you!!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Limerick, Ireland
“thank you!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

we had a fab time while stayin at your hotel...all the staff were so nice and really helpfull
id like to thank Mark Gibson for all his help too,he was never to busy to stop and answer our questions,i would recommend the hotel to my friends

thank you...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bell11
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 7 August 2010
Dear Bell11,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel based upon your recent stay with us, it is great to see that you enjoyed your time with us so much.

I shall pass on your complements to Mark personally and I am sure he will extremely pleased to receive them.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion Hotel again in the near future and if you should require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Having read all the reviews on TripAdvisor I decided to book a room here through Expedia. We stayed for three nights and I must say thank you to all those who recommended this hotel.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and our room was clean,comfy and quiet.
Throw in free wifi and 'free' use of the swimming pool ( unlike my recent hotel in Chicago ) along with fantastic breakfast ( 10 euros per person and free for our 4 year old boy ) and the central location and convenient basement parking( 9 euros per day ), this really is a fantastic establishment and will definitely recommend it to anybody visiting Cork in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MerseyGooner
Central New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Overall I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. The service was excellent, everything was very clean and modern, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, and the location right along the river was nice. The hotel is also within walking distance (less than 5 minutes) from a ton of bars and restaurants.

Dear Stephanie99

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel and I thank you for your support.
It is great to read that our city centre location was of benefit to you and I do hope you had an enjoyable time exploring all that Cork City has to offer.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We recently spent two nights in the Clarion. The staff were excellent, warm, friendly and efficient. The hotel was lovely, clean and comfortable. We spent a little time in the Spa, and a couple of us had treatments which were excellent. Will certainly return.

Dear Oisins

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel, I am delighted to read your positive comments especially in relation to the staff you encountered. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the entire team here in the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Had a wonderful two-night stay at the Clarion. When we arrived to check in, we were quite early but Richard Folsom, who was working at the front desk, was completely welcoming and accommodating. We were informed about all of the great amenities at the hotel (nice pool, sauna, hot tub and very impressive fitness facility, as well as a spa, restaurant and bar) and he was able to get a room ready for us immediately, which was a lovely surprise. Throughout our stay, we found the staff to all be very kind and helpful. Another front desk employee, Mark, made an excellent dinner recommendation and directed us on where to find a great pub with fantastic music. The room decor is a bit bland but typical of a large, more modern hotel. However, it was perfectly warm and inviting and very clean. Our room was an interior room, which meant it looked over the atrium in the middle of the hotel. I was concerned about noise, but even as a light sleeper, I found the room to be very quiet. The hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to all the shopping, dining and pubs in central Cork. From the front of the hotel, there is a perfect view of the picturesque City Hall across the river from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere clean, convenient and a staff that is eager to please.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Emily 327

A wonderful review of our hotel, and I thank you very much for your support and for your time to write it of others to view. I am particularly pleased to read your comments in relation to all the staff you encountered and be assured I shall pass on your kind words of encouragement to the entire team here in the hotel. For Mark & Richard, I shall personally pass on your complements.

dublin
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Myself and my partner stayed here Saturday night just gone and we were so impressed we found it difficult to leave! We will have to stay longer the next time! :)

The location of this hotel is perfection and if you've never been to Cork before you'll have no trouble finding it as its so easy to get to when coming into the City. Its right beside the main bus station on the newly rejuvenated quays and boardwalk area. A really nice quiet area of the city perfect for relaxing but nice and close to the very centre of town that your never far away from fun. :) the car park is directly under the hotel too so even though it was raining we didn't have to face the elements outside just hop in the basement elevator and straight up to reception!

We were less than a five minute walk from the main shopping and nightlife area which was fantastic and at night coming back from town we just couldn't justify getting a taxi back as its ridiculously close!!

From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more friendly, welcoming and accommodating. They offered to bring our bags up to the room, booked us a taxi for later that evening and accommodated out late check out request for the next day at late notice.

Our room was fantastic with all of the facilities you'd expect, lovely toiletries in the en-suite, free WiFi, tea and coffee making,TV, ironing and hairdryer facilities and a lovely balcony overlooking Cork City which was the icing on the cake!

The next afternoon after we checked out we decided to have lunch downstairs at the bar-now to be honest I was a bit dubious about having Asian food from a hotel but oh my god we were so so impressed!!!

I had the Kudo's best ever curry (it actually is pretty amazing curry) and my boyfriend had the Black bean with noodles-(he's notoriously picky when it comes to food so to hear him praise the food was turn up for the books!!) . The food was outstanding! Better than any of the Asian restaurants I've been to in Dublin. I'd so recommend eating here, even if you're not staying in the hotel!

With very full, but very very happy tummies we ventured down to the leisure centre and even though we'd already checked out there were no problems whatsoever. The staff were again so helpful and friendly it was ridiculous! They offered us swim caps to use even though I managed to remember them for once, as many towels as we needed and wetbags to put our swim gear into. Even though we had no lock for the lockers they offered to hold our valuables at reception which was great peace of mind!

The leisure centre is really lovely with gilchrist & soames seaweed body wash and shampoo etc provided in the shower areas which was great as we had most of our luggage already packed away in the car ready for off.

We spent a couple of hours relaxing between the pool, sauna, jacuzzi and eucalyptus steam room. Neither of us wanted to leave but at this stage it was almost 5pm and we had the drive back to Dublin.

The only problem with our stay was that we didn't want to leave.

We can't wait to come down again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
corkDGM, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cork City, responded to this review, 23 July 2010
Dear Dubgirl88

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel, and on behalf of the entire team here in the Clarion Hotel Cork, I thank you very much for your most generous comments.

I am delighted to read that our city centre location was of benefit to you as you discovered all Cork City Centre has on offer and it is great to see that the Leisure Centre amenities & the facilities of the hotel was to you satisfaction and comfort. Furthermore it is great to see that you would rate the cuisine from our Kudos Bar as better than Dublin Asian eateries and I thank you for your support.

I do look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and your partner back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, and when you should decide to return to us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance you may require with your reservation. dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com

Warm Regards
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The Clarion is a fantastic hotel. We recently stayed for my sister's hen. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms were very comfortably and clean as was the rest of the hotel. The food was gorgeous in both the bar and restaurant. Overall we had a fantastic stay and would highlly reccomend this hotel to anyone. It is very centrally located to all shope and night life.

Dear Bailey094

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel based on your recent stay with us and I thank you very much for your support. As with all the customer feedback I receive, I shall pass on your kind words of encouragement on to the entire team, from Marjorie in Reservation to our Chef Tommy in the kitchen, and I am sure they will all be delighted to receive such nice feedback.

I do look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and back to the Clarion Hotel Cork in the near future, and when you should decide to return to us, please contacts me directly for any assistance you may require. dmorrissy@clarionhotelcorkcity.com