“Great food, greater people”

Gallaghers Gastro Pub
Ranked #6 of 665 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gallagher's Gastro Pub was reopened June 2013 & has steadily gained a reputation for high quality, Locally sourced cuisine.Serving Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch & Evening meals. Gallagher's has also quickly established itself as one of Corks top music Venues.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My daughter & I travelled to Ireland for the first time May 20-May 30, 2014. We spent 2 days in Cork and had the pleasure of dining at Gallagher's Pub on Mc Curtain St. The carrot sweet potato soup, Irish brown bread, chips & turkey bacon leek pie were all divine. The food was top notch-compliments to the chef. My daughter said that it was the best meal she has ever had in her 23 years. Better yet were the staff and owners. They were attentive, warm & friendly. We had the pleasure of the owner's company when he sat down at our table and asked us if everything was to our liking. Martin was wonderful....warm, genuine. If you are ever in County Cork, city of Cork Ireland I highly recommend Gallagher's Pub for food, ambiance and warm friendly service. Tell Martin, "Peggy sent you". I am in love with this place....and the Irish people. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went to Gallerhers on Monday 2nd June 2014 walked in of the street there was 12 of us to eat. Staff were friendly and very accomodating the food was superb everyone of us was very happy with what we got. The chef had a cumin ginger and parnip soup which was sumptous worth going there to try this out. The owner and his wife were working and were also very friendly and accomodating. This place is definetly worth trying out. Highly Reommended.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My daughter and I are visiting from the US and got into town a little late for food service, but Noreen (the owner) personally walked us down to a near by place to eat late. After, we stopped in for a pint and some insight to Ireland, she and her staff were very kind, attentive, and friendly in addition to helping us with directions and advice to continue our Irish adventure. I highly reccomend this pub for its welcoming and warm service. Thank you :)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I wanted to got out in cork city over the June Bank Holiday. We ended up eating at Gallagher's pub MacCurtain Street. We had a really top quality meal. We both were delighted with what we got. The food looked and tasted great and plenty of it too. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The owners were there and made everyone feel so welcome. We enjoyed the whole atmosphere so much that we stayed for the night and enjoyed some very entertaining band later in the night. It didn't break the bank to eat there but the food was top restaurant quality. I would say a must to visit if you are in Cork. Can not speak highly enough of it. It is a place you can just go and enjoy a few drinks but if you stay for food you are in for a real treat.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

we came here for breakfast every morning of our stay.
great big breakfast that keeps you full till dinner. really nice staff.
I didn't find it expensive at all, good value for your money.
Highly recommended.