“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Coach-Hill House

Coach-Hill House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cork
Coach-Hill House
Ranked #48 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

After a bad experence with another hotel we moved to here is a very nice place we were working nights so slept during the day and the owner (Julie) couldent do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible overall a very nice place to stay good parking good view only 10 mins to city

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Overall this place wasn't bad at all. We didn't see much of the host family but here are my positives and negatives:

POSITIVES
-nice view of the water and in a very nice area
-very clean facilities
-great breakfast

NEGATIVES
-staff was very "hands off" dealing with us; no real conversation or friendliness that made us feel welcome
-outside the city center by quite a bit so its a drive to get back to Cork City

OVERALL
Everything was nice and tidy - if you want a B&B that leaves you alone most of the time and has clean rooms I'd go here. If you want a B&B that has friendly staff that make you feel welcome I wouldn't go here again - which would be our case. We went to Ireland for an experience, not a business trip.

Room Tip: we did the family room - if you have snorers DON'T get it
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We are a family of 3 persons. We stayed 2 weeks during July and August 2012. We had a large, quiet and confortable room equipped with a large TV screen and with wifi. We enjoyed to have the possibility to eat in the dining room whenever we wanted. The staff was very friendly with us. The rate was reasonable. We would have liked to have access to a washing machine (even if we had to pay for it) but globally we were satisfied with our stay in Coach Hill House.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Lovely big rooms. Very disappointing breakfast consisted of a choice of cornflakes, muesli or rice crispies and a couple of slices of white toast. No other options available not even wholemeal bread.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank YHTAC
Boston, MA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed over Christmas. The location was very convenient and the room was nice and large with good lighting and good views. There was plenty of parking and free wireless internet access. However we did have a number of issues. The room smelled quite badly of mildew. We were told that the rooms would not be cleaned on the 25th or 26th of December, which we could live with. But our room was in fact only cleaned once during our 7 day stay. The heating was either on full blast which made the room too hot, or off completely which made the room freezing. The shower made a terrible noise and finally broke completely so we had no shower on our last day. Not recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travellots23
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I have been working in Cork for two days a week since September and I am delighted to have found this b and b. There are many things that set coach hill apart from other places I have stayed. Firstly, there is a large carpark which is well lit and very safe. You also have a choice of either a full Irish breakfast or a continental breakfast which is great when you are staying in a place for a while. The rooms are bright, warm, spacious and newly decorated. The beds are so comfy that I struggle to get up!! I have to also mention the couple who run the b and b, they are very friendly and accommodating. I would highly recommend coach hill to anybody traveling to Cork for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank ACummins
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I've stayed at Coach hill house twice over the last few months, first trip was one night midweek business trip and the second was for a weekend. I thought the rooms were very clean,comfortable and spacious. I like the breakfast option of either continental or full. I was up and out early on my midweek stay and preferred helping myself however on my weekend stay, when I had more time, I went for full (very nice by the way). The owners are very warm and welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. They recommended a great restaurant (Abicus I think) in nearby Douglas and even drove me there. All in all I'd give Coach hill house top marks and have no problem recommending it as an excellent value for money b& b .

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo