“Excellent stay.”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I chose to stay at the River Lee for an overnight business trip having previously stayed there when it was Jurys Hotel. To be honest it's very difficult to say anything negative about my stay. From the welcome at reception with a hot towel, to the departure when I was offered a complementary bottle of water, my stay was excellent. The room was very comfortable and well equipped. The bar is very nice with a good ambience and service plus a good looking bar menu.
I ate in the Weir Bistro which gives a good 'fine dining' experience, and the food and service was excellent. I will be visiting Cork again on business and will happily stay there again and would recommend the River Lee to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank soluta
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Soluta,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed all your positive comments on to my staff and Management Team

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel

The River Lee Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,715)

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Just back from a lovely night at River Lee Hotel! From start to finish stay was lovely! We were lucky to get the "winter warmer" deal which was an executive room, hot choc on arrival, full Irish in morning all for E135... We opted 4 breakfast in bed which was served to our room for just E5.... Bottle of water on departure.... All staff were lovely, lads in bar were v helpful and accommodating.... Will def stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Tipperarygirl82,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive comments with others. I am delighted to read your kind words and I hope we can continue to exceed all your expectations for future stays.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Went on a package deal I got through my car insurance. 2 nights B&B and 1 evening meal. Ticked all the right boxesl: Friendly, courteous staff; big comfortable rooms & beds; great food at breakfast & dinner, and a nice relaxed vibe overall. Decor is very modern, rooms have speakers in the ceiling, even in the bathroom, and it has great views out over the river. Didn't get to check out the pool or leisure centre, as I forgot my swim shorts, so can't comment on that. One very tiny complaint was that a bottle of sparkling water from the room minibar was €2, but on the final bill was charged at €3.75. I pointed this out and got a bill reprinted, but I wonder how many others have been stung if the prices aren't in sync between the printed list and the computer terminal.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view over the river. Failing that, we stayed in room 345, while it doesn't...
1  Thank greenechoes
MichelleSpillane, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Dear Risteardt,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and indeed for sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read your review and see how highly you regarded our staff and Hotel. I have passed all your feedback onto my staff and Management team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

nice hotel let down by very uncomfortable beds! only stayed one night very modern hotel but poor bed spoiled the night unfortunately

Room Tip: i wish i had tried the bed !! see above

Dear Dognobbler,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Firstly I would like to assure you that I have already passed your comments on the beds to my Housekeeping Manager who will fully investigate and respond accordingly. I was glad to read your thoughts on the rest of the hotel and I hope we can welcome you back soon so you can see the positive results of your feedback.

Your feedback is an invaluable tool that will be used to help us to continue to improve our service standards for your future stays I hope you will have with us.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just back from a overnight stay on the weekend with my husband, I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel totally due to the customer service we received from start to finish!

The decor is a little bland although modern and very new, and it "feels" a bit like a business hotel, but the facilities all meet expectation. We had a tiny problem at 2am with a neighbours noise level but this was fixed within 5 minutes of our call by security.

Without a doubt the stand out thing about the River Lee was the excellent staff. Everyone we dealt with (Front desk, restaurant, spa, NRG gym, and housekeeping) were 100% friendly, efficient, professional and are a true testament to this hotels management.

The hotel is literally about 8-10 minutes walk to center of town and also has a fabulous Spa (i got an excellent massage) and a gym and pool also of good quality.

We will recommend this hotel to all, and would stay again!

Room Tip: Executive deluxe floor rooms (Level 5) are spacious and have access to executive lounge which we lov...

Dear PossumIrish,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and indeed for sharing your positive comments with other guests. I was delighted to read your lovely review and share such kind comments with my team.

I hope that we can continue to try and exceed all your expectations on future stays.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We have stayed here many times, as a couple & as a family, works out well everytime for accomodation, parking, food (fab breakfast & dinners), great location too for shopping, bars, UCC, etc.

Room Tip: Best view rooms of the river Lee are to the front
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Liam032,

Thank you or taking the time to post your tripadvisor review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of our hotel and facilities.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the river lee Hotel.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We found River Lee hotel on trip advisor - and you all were right, a great place for a good price. We toured Cork and did a daytrip to Kinsale - great part of the world. If you stay here check out the Liberty Grill just down the street.

Cheers - Lorne

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the swan pond
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Gudone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with others. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope to welcome you back soon to the River Lee Hotel.