“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Wexford, Ireland
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Food and ambience was far beyond our expectations .ideal city location .staff were so helpful and friendly , what I would call going that extra mile rooms were comfortable and everything one could hope for No hesitation about returning any time opportunity arise Keep up the good work

Stayed November 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Kathleen D,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to see you felt we go the extra mile for guests to ensure that each guest has a memorable and luxurious stay with us.
I do hope we havethe opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Ruairi O'Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Liverpool UK
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel was booked for weekend break with my wife. The location was good as only a short walk from the city centre. We had a deluxe room with huge king size bed. Worth paying the extra for the 5th floor as you get access to the executive lounge with refreshments and snacks all day. Nice position overlooking River Lee, great view from the Bistro. A very relaxing comfortable hotel that I will certainly recommend and visit again if I return to Cork.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for deluxe room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear morestarsthanUSAflag,

Many thanks for taking the time to express such lovely comments of your recent stay here with us at The River Lee Hotel Cork. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed one of our Executive Rooms on the 5th floor. These rooms are beautiful with king size beds, bathrobes, slippers and also access into the Exutive Lounge which serves complimentary tea, coffee, pastries & juices throughout the day.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
South Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The best feature of this stay was the friendly staff but I'm afraid the rest of the experience was marred by three memories; the smell of the swimming pool when you arrived in reception, the fact that the room had been cleaned but the toilet was soiled and no brush in sight, and when in the business function room the waterworks were audible behind the ceiling and walls. This is a shame because the building has been refurbished well and is in a good setting. On balance, there are better options available in Cork.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear theHoolit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of yor recent stay at the River Lee Hotel Cork. I am disappointed to read that you felt your stay was not so good. I am glad to see you felt our team here at the hotel are very friendly but I am saddened by your comments on the cleanliness of your bathroom. I have taken your feedback and shared it with the team to ensure that an experience like yours, does not happen again. I would be delighted should you wish to contact me directly to discuss your experience in more detail at ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection.com
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Newbridge, Ireland
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Have just arrived home having spent last night at The River Lee Hotel. Really good directions on their website, even though our room wasn't ready happy to take our bags and ensure we had a map and great directions to set off on our girlie shopping day. Room was great with really comfy beds and a really good shower too. Bed was really really comfortable too. Had drinks in the bar which was reasonably priced. Breakfast this morning was excellent and then a 12.00 check out gave us extra time to go back to English Market. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank vonnal
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Vonnal,

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing! We are pleased to hear that you found your bedroom wonderfully appointed and that you enjoyed the delicious selection of food available at breakfast. Its always a great treat to take to foot and explore the nearby shopping boutiques, restaurants and more.
Again, we appreciate you taking time to share information regarding your recent stay with us to ensure that your future experience(s) with us are seamless and enjoyable.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
england
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stay at the River lee for 2 days - room clean but I want to say a big thank you to the 2 guys in Reception who help to turn the mattress on the bed. The hotel was very clean plus found staffs very friendly. Hotel is about 10 minutes from city Centre

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear shuilleabhain ,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted to read that our front office team were able to make your stay more comfortable. Its is our wish to provide you with a service that thoughtful and satisfactory to each individuals needs.
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel again the near future
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Fabulous staff...Fantastic location...Great bar ( food & drinks menu).
The location overlooks the river and is a short walk to everywhere.
Beautiful, bright , and lovely contemporary style.
Breakfast is ' Wow'
Outstanding staff were Deirdre at reception & Michael in bar.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear 30Catherine,

Thank you for taking the time to post you wonderful review of your time at The River Lee Hotel.
Its important for us to be consistent at all times with the quality of our service and facilities- it truly is very satisfactory for me to read staff being mentioned by name as it is a fantastic reward for their hard work and dedication. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Deirdre and Michael.
We would love to see you back again at another time in the near future
kind regards,
Jen_Eire
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I started staying in this hotel about5 years ago. I would never stay anywhere else in Cork.
This hotel is out of this world. I've stayed in many many hotel in Ireland and throughout Europe, The River Lee being my absolute favorite and definitley the best.
We had the nicest weekend just passed, we stayed for one night and just wished we could have stayed longer. Its such a comfortable hotel, so so friendly, the staff are actually the nicest I have ever met. The bed is far to comfortable!! And the breakfast I would rate as 11 out of 10. Anything you want, you'll find! Delicious!
We felt so at home and so relaxed. We asked for a late checkout and we were obliged by same which we were very grateful for. We used the gorgeous pool and facilities, and we also enjoyed a few drinks in the hotel bar where again the staff wete just so nice. We didnt have dinner in the hotel but I'vs often ate here on previous stays and its unreal, yum!
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the best run hotel I have ever come accross.
Need to get planning my next stay :-)

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Jen_Eire,

Thank you kindly for your fantastic review of our hotel. Congratulations on your 5th year anniversary with us!!! Its great to hear you have been loyal right from the beginning, it truly makes it all worth while when we read reviews that capture the essence of our philosophy here at The River Lee Hotel.
It is our wish to provide you with service that is warm, welcoming and thoughtful. Feedback like yours detailing the delight you experienced whether it being the comfy beds, late check out, exquisite pool time, helps us know we are meeting all of our guests expectations
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to the River Lee Hotel again in the Near furture