“In a league of its own”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here on numerous occasions for various events and cannot fault the place whatsoever. The staff are extremely friendly, helpfully, positive and warm. The hotel itself offers the best in accommodation. The rooms are spotless clean and the atmosphere can be relaxed, quiet, busy And enjoyable. There's somewhere in this hotel for everyone due to its size. On business the staff are excellent providing all corporate needs without question. On a personal level they offer a far superior service than alot of other Irish hoteliers. I have travelled extensively and there's no comparison to the facilities and services offered by the river lee crew. My number one in cork and Ireland for home from Home. Thanks river lee.

• Stayed: October 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Jezz7,
Wow you have given us such a glowing review of your recent stay! It is great to get such wonderful comments from guests who have stayed with us on numerous occasions. Our team are our best asset here at the hotel. They are such a friendly and obliging team and willing to go the extra mile to ensure guests have enjoyable and luxurious stays with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future and hopefully will get to meet you myself on your next stay.

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Arrived on a Monday to find a queue of Cars trying to park. Call the hotel and was told the carpark was full and to park someone near to hotel to later move my car. Having driven 4 hours it was a letdown, and the hotel is not cheap. The Hotel knows how many people are booked in, it should really reserve spaces for residents.

The Hotel itself is nice,modern, Architecture is amazing, views from room are stunning. The hotel has a lot going for it. Staff very friendly and professional.

Only had breakfast, I have a gluten allergy and asked if certain dished were gluten free, the Chef knew exactly what was and wasn't and prepared something for me, he also gave me gluten free bread, (big thanks to the Hungarian chef...) The breakfast had it all. So I presume dinner there would be a good standard.

Carpets in the halls pretty stained. Rooms were big. I turned off my air-conditioning but there was a certain noise all night. The room has great window onto the Lee.

Its a good hotel, Celtic Tiger era I think. Its a good 15 mins walk from centre of cork, so its not really central, but its well located. I think Management have made a real effort to run the hotel well, that is clear. But a Great hotel is all about the details. If I were staying in the holiday inn I would not complain about carpets or parking, but since I paid for a quality hotel I expected more, parking big letdown.

Room Tip: Room on the lee.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear DublinRobert,
Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments of your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our breakfast is one of the best in the city and we do our utmost to ensure all dietary requirements are met. We have a wonderful selection of gluten free items available for guests to choose from such as the full hot breakfast, cereal and also muffins & pancakes to name but a few of the items we have available.
I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Food and ambience was far beyond our expectations .ideal city location .staff were so helpful and friendly , what I would call going that extra mile rooms were comfortable and everything one could hope for No hesitation about returning any time opportunity arise Keep up the good work

Stayed: November 2013
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Kathleen D,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to see you felt we go the extra mile for guests to ensure that each guest has a memorable and luxurious stay with us.
I do hope we havethe opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel was booked for weekend break with my wife. The location was good as only a short walk from the city centre. We had a deluxe room with huge king size bed. Worth paying the extra for the 5th floor as you get access to the executive lounge with refreshments and snacks all day. Nice position overlooking River Lee, great view from the Bistro. A very relaxing comfortable hotel that I will certainly recommend and visit again if I return to Cork.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for deluxe room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear morestarsthanUSAflag,

Many thanks for taking the time to express such lovely comments of your recent stay here with us at The River Lee Hotel Cork. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed one of our Executive Rooms on the 5th floor. These rooms are beautiful with king size beds, bathrobes, slippers and also access into the Exutive Lounge which serves complimentary tea, coffee, pastries & juices throughout the day.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The best feature of this stay was the friendly staff but I'm afraid the rest of the experience was marred by three memories; the smell of the swimming pool when you arrived in reception, the fact that the room had been cleaned but the toilet was soiled and no brush in sight, and when in the business function room the waterworks were audible behind the ceiling and walls. This is a shame because the building has been refurbished well and is in a good setting. On balance, there are better options available in Cork.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear theHoolit,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts of yor recent stay at the River Lee Hotel Cork. I am disappointed to read that you felt your stay was not so good. I am glad to see you felt our team here at the hotel are very friendly but I am saddened by your comments on the cleanliness of your bathroom. I have taken your feedback and shared it with the team to ensure that an experience like yours, does not happen again. I would be delighted should you wish to contact me directly to discuss your experience in more detail at ruairi_oconnor@doylecollection.com
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Have just arrived home having spent last night at The River Lee Hotel. Really good directions on their website, even though our room wasn't ready happy to take our bags and ensure we had a map and great directions to set off on our girlie shopping day. Room was great with really comfy beds and a really good shower too. Bed was really really comfortable too. Had drinks in the bar which was reasonably priced. Breakfast this morning was excellent and then a 12.00 check out gave us extra time to go back to English Market. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vonnal
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Vonnal,

What a lovely review, thank you for sharing! We are pleased to hear that you found your bedroom wonderfully appointed and that you enjoyed the delicious selection of food available at breakfast. Its always a great treat to take to foot and explore the nearby shopping boutiques, restaurants and more.
Again, we appreciate you taking time to share information regarding your recent stay with us to ensure that your future experience(s) with us are seamless and enjoyable.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
kind regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stay at the River lee for 2 days - room clean but I want to say a big thank you to the 2 guys in Reception who help to turn the mattress on the bed. The hotel was very clean plus found staffs very friendly. Hotel is about 10 minutes from city Centre

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear shuilleabhain ,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted to read that our front office team were able to make your stay more comfortable. Its is our wish to provide you with a service that thoughtful and satisfactory to each individuals needs.
We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to The River Lee Hotel again the near future
kind regards