“Excellence and consistency”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellence and consistency”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We returned to the River Lee for the 4th consecutive year. If anything standards were higher during our two week stay. Meticulous management, attention to detail and attentive and committed hotel staff combined to make us feel we were appreciated guest. Rooms and facilities are excellent and the pool, gym, spa areas are modern and well appointed. The hotel proves a good base to explore the surrounding countryside and culture. While we found all meals to be of a high standard the breakfasts are something to be experienced. You get the feeling that if what you want isn’t on display then it soon will be. If anything should go wrong it is quickly and efficiently put right with the minimum of fuss. A great atmosphere has been created and we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear IainMcKie,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such great comments from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to see you enjoy staying with us. We here at the hotel are very Proud of our hotel and do are meticulous in ensuring the hotel is at its best for our guests to come and enjoy their stay and return home feeling relaxed and refreshed.

It was a pleasure having you back with us and I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ruairi O'Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Loved every moment of our stay, the accommodations were beautiful, but what makes this hotel stand out is its staff! From finding you an electric converter when none was available, to fixing the room safe as soon as you called. And the food! Breakfast was amazing but the dinner the night before made us want to meet the chefs! Also within walking distance to the city centre!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear JustJoan57,

Thanks you for taking the time to express such lovely comments of your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read you had a great stay with us. Our team here are our best asset. They are all more than willing to go above and beyond to ensure every guest has an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Modern, spacious, comfortable hotel within 5 minutes walk to the city centre. Very professional and friendly staff. We enjoyed a meal in the restaurant, best Baked Alaska I ever had. What's great is that its so central and easily accessible. Right across the road is Cafe Paradiso, considered one of the best vegetarian restaurants in the country. The hotel is within easy walking distance of all the tourist attractions in the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear JerryO'Sullivan,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely comments of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As you mentioned we are a short stroll into the heart of Cork City where you will find some of the best bars and restaurants, such as Cafe Paradiso, Cork has to offer.
I am thrilled you enjoyed the baked alaska. It is a special favourite of ours to serve to our guests.

Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the best city centre hotels I have ever stayed in.
Breakfast was incredible although toast could be a bit hotter.
Deluxe room was lovely, spacious and very comfortable bed.
Not many snack in executive lounge but plenty of water, juice and fruit.
Lovely birthday surprise left for my wife which was lovely.

Although on edge of the centre (in the student area) still only a 10 minute walk up Washington Street to the action.

Cork is a great, friendly place but filled with arrogant American tourists who think they own the place. A lot of rude immigrants and homeless on the street also spoil the lovely Irish identity but I guess this is they way most cities are these days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Paul Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback from your recent stay here at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am delighted to rad you enjoyed your trip to Cork. As you mentioned we have a great location here in the city only a short sroll into the heart of Cork City centre where you will find some amazing bars and restaurants.

I do hope your wife enjoyed her birthday treat and I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you both back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

İstanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed this hoter one of the best hotel ı stayed very clean very confortable so relaxing Food was very Good room is nice and very clean and the best one for the view ı can say ı wıll be back and really very Confortable ı do recommend every one thank you

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank derekcampbell
Dear MurteyMurphy47,

I am delighted to see you had a lovely stay with us. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised some amazing menu's for our guests to enjoy. All of our ingredients are locally sourced to ensure all of our food is fresh and is full of flavour.

Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in early June. It was very comfortable and convenient, but what pleased us most was the level of service and personal attention given. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AGKerry_Ireland
Dear AG Kerry_Ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful comments of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you felt so valued whilst staying with us. Our team here at the hotel are our best asset and are more than willing to go above and beyond to ensure all our guests have a memorable and luxurious stay with us.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

There's nothing to say but that this place is one of the best I've stayed anywhere. Every staff member is highly professional, the included breakfast is vast and delicious. It's well worth paying the additional rate to stay on the executive floor where the exec lounge offers a first class cup of coffee, tea, juice, bottled water, fruit, yoghurt and fresh pastries. I didn't use the fitness centre but it looks impressive. A stones throw from university college cork and a short walk to the main shopping district. I would definitely return here. The views from rooms are stunning and the in room Nespresso machine (with complimentary coffee pods) was an unexpected bonus (exec floor). It's about a 20 euro trip from the airport by taxi. The most luxurious towels and pillows I've used...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ozlibby
Dear ozlibby,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with us from you recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you had the opportunity to avail of one of Executive Rooms. These rooms are quite special with a Kingsize bed, bathrobes, slippers, nespresso machines and also access into the Executive Lounge which serves complimentary tea, coffee, water, juices and snacks to nibble on whilst reading one of the books from the library looking out over the Weir.