“Couldn't be much better.”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Couldn't be much better.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

What a gem. On the riverside, and very modern. The staff were welcoming and polished, and gave us an upgrade without prompting. Fantastic room overlooking the weir, on the fourth floor. We had a drink in the bar before dinner and heard people oohing and aahing over their bar food. Delicious, apparently. Our dinner was equally delicious , the best duck my husband has ever tasted, he says.
We had to leave early in the morning alas, so couldn't enjoy all the hotel had to offer. The gym is well equipped and well staffed.We'd recommend The River Lee to anybody and everybody. Loved it.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, at the weir end. Very quiet, and unbelievably spacious. Walk-in shower and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Travellerholic,

Wow what a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share such great comments.

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and your meal in The Weir Bistro. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised a menu with a fantastic array of dishes with all of our ingredients sourced from local suppliers to ensure the freshness and quality of our dishes. Our Skeaghanore Duck is quite special with wonderful flavours from the plums in maple syrup and the wonderful orange glaze.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Ruairi O'Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Co. Kildare
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow! We were blown away by our stay in The River Lee Hotel in Cork. Everything exceeded our expectations from the staff to the hotel to the service. We were treated like royalty for the whole stay and we are planning a trip back to Cork JUST to stay at this hotel again! We had one bad experience with the receptionist in the leisure center who we found rude to us but we did not let her spoil our wonderful experience at this hotel.

Dear Kathleen O,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulus review of The River Lee Hotel.

It is great to read such lovely feedback like yours! I am thrilled to read you felt like royalty during your stay with us. All of our guests are special and unique and our team do their utmost to ensure all guests have a luxurious and memorable stay with us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was travelling on business and stayed here one night with my colleague. Great hotel and lovely staff. Had pints and a bite to eat in the Weir bar that night and was served by Robert who was very attentive and professional and well informed when my colleague asked about vegetarian options. Delicious food (I had sea bass), reasonably priced and great atmosphere, would definitely return if I found myself in Cork again, business or pleasure! Only criticism was of the coffee which wasn't great but everything else exceeded expectation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear James D,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such great feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to rad you had a brilliant stay with us. Our Executive Head Chef and his team have devised an amazing array of dishes for our guests from locally sourced producers such as Ballycotton Seafood which we get our wonderful Seabass from. Our team here are our best asset and are more than willing to go the extra mile for our guests. I have passed on your comments to Robert and the rest of the team and they were thrilled to receive them!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Organised meeting for two hours for 20 participants, hotel has dedicated floor for meetings, great location, comp parking, near UCC and city centre, hotel also provided us with tea/ coffees and great selection of sandwiches and wraps. Friendly patient staff in a very nice hotel, highly recommend for business, I was very impressed as I have passed this location so often en route to UCC and was was unaware of its capacity.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Dingerb,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely reveiw of your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted to read you had a successful meeting in one of our 8 wonderful meeting rooms. As you mentioned, we have a designated meeting room floor with a dedicated member of the team to look after each meeting's specific needs. We have a great location in the city only a 2 minutes walk to the gates of UCC and a 7 minute walk into the heart of Cork City Centre.

Co. Tipperary
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely hotel staff were very friendly breakfast was outstanding great choice of everything and very fresh. Great location and the hotel has its own car park. We had breakfast and the food was lovely food was so fresh and a great choices.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Patricia 694H,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you had an excellant stay with us. We have a wonderful breakfast here in the hotel for our guests to choose from. Should guests wish to have a light breakfast or a Full Irish Breakfasts all needs can be catered for and are sure to set you up for the a fresh start to the day.

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Galway
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at River Lee for 2 nights - family room, 2 adults & 2 kids - room was big enough for all of us. We booked the 'Fota' package for 2 nights, it was pretty good value. We loved this hotel, service was excellent, staff were very good with kids, pool was lovely, breakfast was a feast each morning. Location is also perfect for city-centre shopping and eating-out. My husband had very strict dietary requirements, the restaurant staff made every meal from scratch for him, they were really excellent. We will definietly be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mary C,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read you and your family had a great stay with us. Our Fota Package is especially tailored for families which is a 1 or 2 night Dinner, Bed & Breakfast for all 4 of you, passes to Fota Wildlife Park and a compimentary movie for the children to enjoy! Such a great and popular package here in the hotel as Fota is a great day out for all the family to enjoy.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Two night stay, very good hotel. Bar staff can be slow which seems to go with a pleasant laid back ambiance, but if you need prompt service be pushy. Ours was a back room which was pleasant and had good facilities however in future we would have asked for a front room with a view. Good gym and lovely pool. Excellent location, 5-10 mins in to the city centre. Good bars and restaurants nearby. cabs are cheap, about 15 Euros to the airport.

Dear portygeoff,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely comments of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are in a prime location here in the city only a short stroll into the heart of Cork city centre where you will find some amazing attractions such as The English Market, Crawford Art Gallery and the wonderful Fitzgerald's Park to keep children entertained on these lovely evenings.