“Fabulous hotel & Excellent service”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Myself and my Partner stayed in the River Lee in February and were delighted with our experience. We chose this hotel based on the location as its extremely close to the city centre and also beside the beautiful River Lee.

Everyone from the Front of house , Restaurant and housekeeping where extremely friendly polite and accomodating with any requests.The rooms boast lovely big windows and the bathrooms are gorgeous (the comlimentry slippers are comfy too :)

Our 2 night stay was faultless and the location is excellent.The food was delicious and the breakfast had an wide selection.I am already looking forward to my next visit to Cork and staying in the River Lee again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Rosanna C,

Many thanks for taking the time to express such a wonderful review of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am delighted to read you had a fabulous time. Our team here at the hotel are our best asset. They are a wonderful friendly group and do their best to ensure each guest has a memorable and luxurious stay with us. I have passed on your comments to all the team and they were delighted to receive them!

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not distant future.

There are newer reviews for The River Lee

Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed 2 nights in the river lee hotel cork. this is a fabulous hotel about a 10 or 15 min walk to the centre of cork. everything was excellent all very clean spacious with a choice of dining in the restaurant or bar. the staff were so friendly and helpful especially young robert in the bar. overall i would highly recomend this hotel

Dear William C,

Thank you for taking the time to share such fabulous feedback of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read you had a fabulous stay. We have a great location here only a 10 minute stroll into the heart of Cork city where you will find wonderful shops, bars and restaurants. Our team here are great and try to accommodate all guest requests to ensure each guest has a great stay. I passed on your comments to Robert and all of the team and they were thrilled to receive them!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The front desk staff were not friendly at all. They interacted in a monotone like they were totally bored with talking to me and other customers. The ice machines have limited value and the pool is available but of limited value due to use requirements.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brian & Virginia E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all feedback here at the hotel to ensure we are providing guests with the service you would expect from a Doyle Collection Hotel. I am deeply disappointed by your comments of our front desk team. We will most certainly take your comments and use them as a valuable training tool to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

this is an excellent place to stay in Cork City. good location, friendly staff and comfort are assured. the breakfast is excellent. I found dinner to lack choice. overall however the hotel is to be highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear love2travel5star,

Many thanks for taking the time to share great comments of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read you had such a great time in Cork. We have a wonderful location here in the city only a 10 minute stroll into the heart of Cork City where you will find amazing bars and restaurants and of course some of the amazing attractions Cork has to offer.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here for several days. I think that is enough time for something to go wrong. But nothing ever did! The room was always clean. Everything worked. The food in the restaurant was always well prepared. The wi-fi was free and worked well; no need to re-enter your password every day, for instance. I really struggle to find anything to complain about. OK, the car park arrangement is a little inconvenient when you first arrive. There: something that could be improved upon. But that's about it. And, in addition, I want to express my gratitude to Nicole at the front desk, who arranged a repair of my rental car when it broke down on the outskirts of Cork on a Sunday when Hertz was closed. Many thanks!

The size and style of the hotel may be a bit larger and more modern and grand than some visitors may be looking for. However, I think it is very likely that if you want all the modern conveniences and functionality of 2014, you won't be disappointed in your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking River
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Armonk,

Thank you for taking the time to share such great comments of your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read you had such a lovely stay with us. It is great to see that everything went well during your stay and how Nicole was such a help to you in assisting with the situation with the car. Our team here at the hotel are our best asset and will do their utmost to ensure all of our guests a wonderful and luxurious stay with us.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and absolutely loved it. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was incredible, fresh fruits, porridge, fresh breads, scones, hot buffet, absolutely everything you could possibly want and of exceptional quality. The gym and pool is also beautiful and well laid out. A great spot to explore the wonderful city of Cork, think you can tell I was very impressed with all things Cork! Would love to visit again and wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel

Dear dundeetourist,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such great feedback from your recent visit.

I am thrilled to read you found our hotel beautiful. Our Breakfast is quite special with a fantastic selection of foods for guests to choose from whether it is a light breakfast of fresh fruit and yoghurts or a full Irish breakfast there is plenty for guests to choose from and sure to set you up for a busy day.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've never stayed in a hotel and had such an easy stay. Everything went so smoothly, as soon as we got there one of the lovely reception staff greeted us and because it wasn't busy she immediately upgraded us to an executive suite free of charge. We had access to the executive lounge then as well. They are so accommodating and friendly. I only stayed for the one night but I am dying to go back again! The breakfast buffet is amazing definitely try that. Its about 10 minutes walk away from the main shopping streets in Cork and about 20 minute drive to fota wildlife depending on traffic! Just fantastic I'd love to be going back again!!

Dear Sue O,

Many thanks for taking the time to share such wonderful comments of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read you had an amazing stay. Our Executive rooms are wonderful with a fabulous King size bed, bathrobes, slippers and a nespresso machine and access into the Executive Lounge which serves tea, coffee, juices and pastries to enjoy throughout the day.