“Lovely!”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dallas, Texas
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel during our tour of Ireland. The room was comfortable and the separate shower a nice touch. Loved the glass wall views by the elevators and the view of the river from the dining room. See photo.

Stayed July 2014
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Osborn007,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a lovely review of your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read you had a lovely stay with us. Our hotel has glass window throughout the hotel for guests to enjoy the wonderful views of the city.

I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the not distant future.

Ruairi O'Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel located in Cork was our last stop on our land tour of Ireland.

Beautiful place, right by the river. Great staff, spacious room. Stand alone shower, plenty of toiletries.

Excellent dinner & great breakfast. They opened the dinning room breakfast at 4.30 a.m. especially for our group, because we had an early flight back to London. Much appreciated.

From the hotel you could walk to the City Market & other stores.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nonnita02,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a great comments of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to see you had a wonderful trip of Ireland and had a great visit to Cork. Our Executive Head Chef Shane O'Sullivan and his team have devised wonderful menu's with an array of wonderful dishes made from locally sourced ingredients which bring freshness and flavours to all of our dishes.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel was within easy walking distance to great shops, parks, and restaurants. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean. The food at the Weir Bar was very tasty! I had a great experience and recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Cork!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear SusanHarris123,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review of your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read you had such a wonderul time here. Our team at the hotel are our best asset and are more than willing to go that extra mile to ensure all of our guests have a memorable and luxurious stay with us.

WEST MIDLANDS
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

we went to Cork to see Lana Del rey at the marquee,so we stayed at the river lee hotel.I booked standard room with two singles beds,but they gave me a complimentary upgrade room with two double beds,well pleased,and they even let us check in at 11 O'clock instead of midday,which was nice.The breakfast was excellent the room and facilities were all superb.If you want quality,stay at the river lee hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Fatbut,

Many thanks for taking the time time to share such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and the concert! Our breakfast is quite special with a fantastic selection of foods which are sure to set everyone up for a busy day of sightseeing and shopping or a day at the office.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Myself and my Partner stayed in the River Lee in February and were delighted with our experience. We chose this hotel based on the location as its extremely close to the city centre and also beside the beautiful River Lee.

Everyone from the Front of house , Restaurant and housekeeping where extremely friendly polite and accomodating with any requests.The rooms boast lovely big windows and the bathrooms are gorgeous (the comlimentry slippers are comfy too :)

Our 2 night stay was faultless and the location is excellent.The food was delicious and the breakfast had an wide selection.I am already looking forward to my next visit to Cork and staying in the River Lee again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rosanna C,

Many thanks for taking the time to express such a wonderful review of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel Cork.

I am delighted to read you had a fabulous time. Our team here at the hotel are our best asset. They are a wonderful friendly group and do their best to ensure each guest has a memorable and luxurious stay with us. I have passed on your comments to all the team and they were delighted to receive them!

Ballynahinch
Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed 2 nights in the river lee hotel cork. this is a fabulous hotel about a 10 or 15 min walk to the centre of cork. everything was excellent all very clean spacious with a choice of dining in the restaurant or bar. the staff were so friendly and helpful especially young robert in the bar. overall i would highly recomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear William C,

Thank you for taking the time to share such fabulous feedback of your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read you had a fabulous stay. We have a great location here only a 10 minute stroll into the heart of Cork city where you will find wonderful shops, bars and restaurants. Our team here are great and try to accommodate all guest requests to ensure each guest has a great stay. I passed on your comments to Robert and all of the team and they were thrilled to receive them!

Conneticut
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The front desk staff were not friendly at all. They interacted in a monotone like they were totally bored with talking to me and other customers. The ice machines have limited value and the pool is available but of limited value due to use requirements.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brian & Virginia E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all feedback here at the hotel to ensure we are providing guests with the service you would expect from a Doyle Collection Hotel. I am deeply disappointed by your comments of our front desk team. We will most certainly take your comments and use them as a valuable training tool to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us.