The River Lee
US$191
US$146
Agoda.com
3,789 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeweir bargreat hotelcity centrefifth floormodern hotelenglish marketloved this hotelhotel bartop classbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelcar parkchecking outbreakfast was excellentenjoyable stayyogurt
Reviewed 15 August 2014

came to cork for business, and this lovely hotel provide all the essential facilities that i would ask for. Friendly staff helped to arrange me a taxi that i had nothing to worry to catch my flight at dawn. Would recommend anyone who has a fuss with super-clean toilet, guest room and decent facilities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear MT82jp,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. Your wonderful praise is greatly appreciated and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back here again to The River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Delighted with my stay over the bank holiday weekend in August. We got an upgrade to the 5th floor, our room was nice, lovely view and complementary access to a lounge on that floor with free tea, coffee and treats. The staff were so lovely and professional. Breakfast was delicious and though we didn't have dinner there other guests food looked very tasty. Bar has an extensive cocktail and wine menu. There is free parking and wi-ii and when checking out we were offered complementary water for our journey home. It's the little touches that make a difference. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sibh83

Dear Sibh83,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your August Bank Holiday weekend with us and you had an opportunity to experience our Executive Floor.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My family of 5 (4 adults and 1 teenager) stayed at the River Lee Hotel for 2 nights recently. The hotel was modern and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The restrauant menu was exceptional. Our compliments to the chef and wait staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mcdon0259,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. It is very gratifying to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

As a repeat guest at this hotel I had been looking forward to staying here again. The last time we were in Cork we were unable to reserve a room as they were fully booked. Indeed this time we had to stay our first night at another hotel also.

We arrived early at the hotel as we were in town and had plans for the afternoon. The hotel stored our luggage until our rooms were ready. When we checked in later in the day the problems started. We had requested 5th floor rooms but were told those were not available (my husband was here on business and we wanted on the executive floor for the business and lounge access). They gave us rooms on the 4th floor but would not provide lounge access on the 5th floor. This wasn't much of a problem other than the attitude we received from the young lady working the front desk. She was snide and had extreme attitude. When I picked up our luggage she asked if we wanted a cab called and I reminded her we were just checking in. She rolled her eyes and said it was very unusual to have someone store luggage before checking in. I reminded her that if a rooms not ready it's difficult to put it in our room. Upon going up to the room, the key cards didn't work. Going down yo the desk again, she'd informed me not to store the key cards with our cell phone or credit cards. I reminded her we had just checked in, no storage involved. Her attitude definitely made me have one too, we definitely were not friendly to each other at this point. This one person has influenced my feelings and rating on my stay, one staff person can affect how you view a hotel. If she had been friendly or even helpful I probably wouldn't still be angry over this 24 hours later. She's the only person in my multiple visits to a Cork who has not been friendly and welcoming.

Upon unpacking in the room I found it to be very dusty (see picture). Not a light dust layer but a long term no dust area on the night stand. Even the next day it was apparent they didn't actually move the lamp to dust but dusted around it.

We've stayed at this hotel multiple times and it may be the last time for me. While the Clarion is older, it is well located and they don't seem to have staff with bad attitudes. Plus the rooms were cleaner. I'm hearing there will be a River King (or is) and we may try it as I expect we will be back in Cork on business.

I will say the food at the restaurants is excellent as is the service provided in them.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rhonda L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at The River Lee Hotel. I must say I was deeply shocked to learn of your experience on check in. I can honestly say we take our feedback very seriously as we follow up with complaints as soon as they arise. I understand you spoke with Helena our Front Office Manager on check out who assisted you with your complaint.

We truly try our very best to accommodate all requests however our Executive Floor is very popular and quiet often it is fully booked up. On this particular occasion we were completely sold out of all our Executive Rooms and access to the Executive Lounge is exclusive for guests on the Executive Floor.

I would like to assure you that I am very grateful for your review and I sincerely hope to welcome you back again to The River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This has to be the best hotel in Cork. Upon check-in, the 2 families I was traveling with cancelled their reservations in other hotels IMMEDIATELY, and snagged the last 2 rooms at the River Lee. It is a modern, sleek and beautiful hotel that makes you feel pampered and comfortable immediately. We had drinks and snacks at the outdoor restaurant/bar and even took advantage of access to the pool/health club immediately next door. Its only drawback is not being in central Cork, but rather tucked away on one side of the city, but all the modern comforts are worth the extra walking/taxis required. Highly recommend! Twitter & Instagram: @kmptop10

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear kmptop10,