“River Lee Family Friendly”
Review of The River Lee

The River Lee
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Have just come home from a wk end in the River Lee Hotel cork. I cannot find one thing wrong to say about this hotel and its staff. The food was beautiful, great selection for breakfast. I was with my daughter and 5 grandchildren rangeing in age from 4yrs to 11yrs. The staff were very good to them, they loved the swimming pool and of course I loved the spa. I had a body scrub and the girl done a brilliant job. I would definitly stay in this hotel anytime & would reccomend it for families. Fantastic weekend.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor room 329. lovely view. Kids enjoyed watching the ducks on the river
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ruairi O, General Manager at The River Lee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear sheebaireland,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. I'm delighted to read you and your family had a wonderful time with us.

Ruairi O'Connor

Write a ReviewReviews (3,716)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The Grand Circle Travel tour guide said River Lee Hotel is the finest hotel in Cork, and possibly all of Ireland. Hype, I thought…until I entered room 412. TripAdvisor reviewers’ 93 percent approval rating confirms the tour guide’s claim. This ultra-modern facility has spacious, well-appointed and exceptionally clean rooms. Although near a busy city street on the opposite side of a canal, sleep quality is excellent. Modern accoutrements aside, there’s something not specified in RLH’s brochures or website, DoyleCollection.com. That item is superior service. Friendly staff greet guests at registration, and that same ambiance is evident at the endless breakfast buffet and dinner at Weir Bistro, making this the Emerald Isle’s hidden gem. There’s free computer use for those of us who are electronically challenged (read: no smart phone or laptop). TripAdvisor indicates that RLH has the second highest rating amongst 24 hotels in Cork, the city from which my Murphy forebears departed in 1852, at the end of the Great Famine. I was pleased to learn about, but did not have time to visit Murphy’s Brewery, in Cork. No doubt with my name, I could have wheedled a free pint of Murphy’s Irish Stout during the brewery tour.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeanMurphy2020

Dear Deanmurphy2020,

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great. as soon as we arrived we got a friendly welcome all the staff where very helpful I felt they couldn't do enough for me. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfy. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear LorrL13,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. Your wonderful praise is greatly appreciated and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back here again to The River Lee Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a lovely weekend at the river lee hotel to celebrate our first wedding anniversary . We paid extra for a room on the 5th floor, and while the lounge was great and the bed amazing, the room was a bit small. Now saying that it was really quiet and we had a great view of the back of the hotel!

the breakfast on both mornings was brilliant, the choice was amazing and everything was so fresh. We had one meal in the hotel, and it was brilliant, Super tasty.

all staff at the hotel were very nice and friendly , the pool really good. We also had treatments in the beauty salon,which we found very good. All in all it was a really lovely weekend in a really lovely hotel.

i did leave there wondering some things though, we paid extra to be on the 5th floor , yet while we were checking in another couple just got upgraded free of charge. Also i chose the hotel on the reviews here , and noticed alot of people saying that birthdays/anniversarys were marked my the hotel in some way. I mentioned when booking our meal that it was our first wedding anniversary, and nothing no mention at all.

however, i did love the river lee hotel and i will definitely stay here when i am next in cork.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sineadocwaterford

Dear Sineadocwaterford,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. I'm delighted that you choose to spend your anniversary at The River Lee Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as I was attending a conference in Cork. It was a lovely hotel. My room was comfortable and stylish - I was only sorry not to be able to spend more time in it! The hotel is well situated for wandering into the city centre and it is by the river, so is very pretty in its own right. The staff were helpful and the food was good. I ate on my own in the restaurant one night and the staff made me feel comfortable, without being too intrusive. The breakfast was fantastic! If I had had longer there I would have put soooo much weight on!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a magnificent hotel in a splendid location which skilfully manages to attain little places in the market to keep couples, families and business people well looked after.

This hotel definitely has high end business facilities and ambience. The health club and spa were excellent and included in the visit. Regardless of this though, we were a family party of two adults and a 13 year old and felt comfortable and content for the duration of our two night stay.

The bar and restaurant are excellent, the breakfast features an incredible array of full Irish buffet style delicacies or continental offerings. All well cooked and prepared, local ingredients where possible. The Clonakilty black and white pudding is to die for!

All of the staff we encountered were professional and helpful, seriously, nothing was too much trouble and it was always with a smile and a little Irish charm.

Sitting right on the bank of the River Lee just a 10 minute stroll from town this hotel is an absolute must if you're looking for a little pampering and luxury in Cork without the need to extend your overdraft!

Officially a 4* hotel but as good as some 5* I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Higher levels for a great view of Cork.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LMCandJAT

Dear LMCandJAT,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. It is very gratifying to know that we exceeded your expectations. I'm delighted to read you enjoyed our culinary delights in our Weir Bar and Weir Bistro.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

A Warm welcome from friendly and helpful staff with great service throughout the stay. A comfortable and well appointed room (4th floor) with access to an executive lounge with free goodies and drinks. Good food in the restaurant and bar. Free secure underground parking, and all within pleasant walking distance of town. What is there to dislike?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve C

Dear Steve C,

We truly appreciate your fantastic comments regarding our hotel facilities and staff. I'm delighted to read you enjoyed our Executive Floor and Executive Lounge.