“Nice B&B in Cork”

Ranked #39 of 61 Cork B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice B&B in Cork”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Nice but plain B&B in Cork. Good location, short walk from town (all the B&Bs are in this area). Good breakfast, only strange thing was on check-out they tried to charge us for the breakfast despite it clearly saying on the email that the rate included breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AwanaK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed one night at the Crawford Guest House. We made a last minute reservation traveling through Cork and the reviews looked good and they had an open room so there it was. This room was very nice and spacious. It was also very clean.

The problem was nothing in the room worked. Not really a big deal except the heat part. That wall radiator, I turned it to every setting and nothing. I was cold so I jumped in the tub and the whirlpool function would not turn on. The bedside lamps didn't work so we only had an overhead light. There wasn’t any staff onsite to help with the heat which was weird.

When we checked out (next door) in the morning, we were charged for a breakfast we did not eat. So it took a little arguing to convince them to reverse the breakfast charge.

Room Tip: Have the neighbor show you the room and make sure the heat comes on.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amanda S
Co. Meath, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

You can't really go wrong with Crawford House. Its location is fantastic; Western Road across from UCC, maximum 15 minute walk to bars and restaurants around the city centre, huge free parking out the back (with a nice view of the Cork Cricket Club and Sunday's Well too) and quiet, clean and well-furnished rooms. It's a budget B&B without the budget feel; our room had a jacuzzi bath and enough room to swing several cats. It was so peaceful yet so central; we didn't stay in Cork for more than 19 hours in total and 6 of those were at a friend's 30th, but we'd have been happy to stay much longer!

Our room was €50 but we splashed out on €18 for two breakfasts. And was I glad we did - the selection and service were fantastic. As well as all the usual cereals and fruit, we had cold cuts, cheese, yoghurt and juices and extra things like cinnamon rolls, fruitcake and soda bread. On top of this mini-buffet, we also had table service for cooked breakfasts - including omelettes. My wife had an omelette cooked to order and I had a full Irish breakfast that was also freshly-made. We got a huge pot of tea, toast, more soda bread and by the end, we were all set for our journey home.

I have virtually no criticisms of the place. The shower head in our room was loose and we forgot to mention this to the landlady as we were leaving. The whole place appears to be run from the B&B next door, Killarney House, as both check-in and breakfast were there. And that's it; a great B&B with a gorgeous breakfast for a highly-competitive price. We'll definitely be back if we need a B&B in Cork - in fact it's probably preferable to a hotel in any case!

Room Tip: We were facing the car park to the rear and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this B & B after leaving a real dodgy one down the road. What a lovely B & B with the most gentle-natured hostess you could find. We were made very welcome. Our rooms were large & clean. Our hostess was very knowledgeable of Cork and advised us with sightseeing & eating out. All this made for a very pleasant adventure for first time Cork visitors. On one occasion she made scones for us on our return from a day sightseeing. What a lovely surprise. Breakfast was great and we were bade farewell by her and the staff as we drove on. I most highly reccomend this B & B to everyone travelling into Cork or holidaying through Ireland.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

Room was spotless had everything you would get in a hotel, Hairdryer, teamaking facilities, shampoo / showergel

Room Tip: The front and back of this b&b has very busy roads that can keep you awake, bring earplugs. Also...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LetitiaS_71
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here in early 2011
It was a pleasant place with really nice breakfast but one night was enough.
The walls are thin and we could hear all sorts of naughty night sounds as well as the man next door snoring like a rhino!
The place could do with updating,new carpet wouldn't go amiss and I prefer a bath. My bathroom was tiny and the towels so small and the room did have a rather musty smell to it but I booked the room last minute and it was only a small twin.
I like to come and go as I please without questions and inquisitions and I know its the Irish way but I didnt feel terribly comfortable with that.
I would stay here again but I would use the other property next door where its newly decorated and more apartment like.

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room at the back of the building on a higher floor.maybe look at the room before yo...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SerenityIsMine
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This bed and breakfast is close to Cork city center, quiet at night, and clean. The breakfast is delicious! The proprietor is extremely helpful. The maps available are very helpful, listing walking tours that you can do. There is a light outside the windows at night that was mildly annoying. It was red and made me feel mildly like I was in the red-light district, but it shut off by the time I went to bed (the B&B is in a good location so don't think that it's not from that description!) I would stay again if I visited Cork again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo