“First B & B in Ireland”

Ranked #39 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Kirkland, Canada
“First B & B in Ireland”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this student area of Cork. I loved that it was so close to the city of Cork. We were able to walk for the evening. The room was just enough, very clean. The staff was unbelievably warm. The hostess accommodated my queries for places to go to, and how to leave the city(daunting for me). Breakfast was one of the best I had in Ireland. Oatmeal cooked to perfection, variety of eggs, delicious Irish bread, fresh fruit. Yum.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Knocktopher, Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had the pleasure to stay one night in this lovely B&B in Cork. Not only nicely located just about a 10 minutes walk away from the City Centre but also pleasant and spacious.
The staff is extremely nice and friendly and all creates a homey atmosphere.
I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the B&B are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
La Porte Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When we arrived we went to the front door and it was locked so we rang the doorbell and a person came from the building next door and told us she could check us in from next door. Check in took a few minutes because the staff seemed a little confused, I think one staff is used to run two or three properties. Once when checking in we were asked if we wanted breakfast in the morning, we said yes and were told that there would be an 8 euro per person fee. I was surprised because generally a bed and Breakfast would include breakfast. We declined and went to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. The room we had only had a shower no tub, some of the other rooms had Jacuzzi tubs. After going into town we came back and called the front desk for a wake up call, the person who answered took the room number and time of our request. However the next morning we were woke up by the cleaning staff because we did not receive our wake up call and had over slept. Overall it is a decent place to stay for a night ir two but could use some staff improvements.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was in search of a new apartment in cork with my boyfriend and we decided to stay the night in cork to check out the night life. We booked Crawfords B&B and we were pleasantly surprised when we entered a very nice room, we had to make sure it was a B&B and not a hotel. The room was absolutely lovely and so were the staff. The morning breakfast is to die for and there is much to choose from the menu. I would advise anyone who is going to cork and needs to stay in a nice affordable place minutes away from the city to visits Crawfords. We were left very satisfied. Well done guys .

Lucy and Omar

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ludmilla R
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My partner and I spent 4 nights here from the 25th of march. It is a great little B&B with lovely rooms and an en-suite with coffee and tea making facilities as usual. Everything worked as it should i.e the telly, hair dryer and shower. However the bath appeared to be a jet one with vents/jets however these did not work so was just used as ordinary bath. We had breakfast there on first morning only, the breakfast was nice and you could eat quite a lot if you wanted for a relatively cheap price, I think 9 Euros each it cost. Not a bad location about 15-20 min walk from city center with so much to do in Cork.
Great value B&B would recommend to couples or friends going away for a few nights.

Room Tip: double room with en-suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I was booked in to the Killarney House B&B next door, (for 2 nights) but when I got there I was given a room in Crawford owned by the same family. I got a warm welcome from Margaret who is very charming but a teeny bit dithery. I thought it was odd that I had to pay up front. I said I'd pay but not for 2 breakfasts as I didn't want to feel forced to have a huge breakfast 2 mornings in a row. I was absolutely delighted when i saw my room. Spotless, big, simply but tastefully decorated with tea and coffee, hair dryer and a nice bathroom.
The first night was uneventful. However the second night I was kept awake for ages by the energetic and endless amorous activities of the couple above. God Bless their energy! I'm sure they would be appalled at just how much I could hear.....everything! I wasn't annoyed at them .... Rather at the B&B for not noise proofing the rooms better.
Breakfast was really nice and the staff are lovely and helpful. I would stay again but I'd pick my room carefully. Top floor at the back.

Room Tip: Top floor at back of house
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

The guesthouse is really near the centre of Cork, 15 minutes walk. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.
Bathroom is a little bit worse than the room. It is very big but poor and the jacuzzi is a fake, it really doesn't work.
I didn't like Cork, but if you are there just for one night, it is a good accomodation to stay at.

• Stayed July 2012