“Beautiful food display”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cork, Ireland
“Beautiful food display”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Attended an event in the hotel for two days at the weekend. Fastastic hotel that I would never have taught of. Lunch on Saturday was quick and tasty in the bar. Sunday lunch was served in the funkiest restaurant on sunday. It had airplane seating. The kids just loved it. Self service buffet looked amazing for a person like me who eats with their eyes! And staff were fantastic from glen who served us lunch both days the receptionist who answered all our annoying questions (didnt catch her name sorry! Young girl on sunday) to avril the manager who was eveywhere on both days. Will definitely be using it as a lunch stop from now on.love the cinema lounge!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BUZ2013
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear BUZ2013,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel especially the lobby lunch will pass on your comments to the entire team especially Arvil, Glenn and Reception.
I am delighted you loved the Cloud 9 cinema room, this is a great feature to have in the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel
Warmest Regards
Aaron Mansworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

It is in a business park. Not so sure about the location if your visitors like is. But on a good not. It's classy. Staff was wonderful. Place is spotless rooms have everything you can think of. Towels so soft. Beds super comfortable. Live piano player in foyer.
Very updated. We loved it.

• Stayed November 2013
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear sdzon,
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.
Our piano players always go down a treat, I am glad you enjoyed it.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the International Airport Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Sorry my review is coming so late! I stayed in this hotel during easter 2013 with my 2 young ones ,my husband and a 6 month pregnancy for a week.At first glance
all you see is a massive hotel but on entering it strikes you as different.The reception is on the first floor and they have water and sofas there for guests who are waiting to check in.
The receptionist we met was Laura,oh I have been to my fair share of hotels in uk and Europe and she is by far the best ever! She welcomed us with a smile and spoke to the kids responded well to all my million questions as I booked the hotel with a deal to a resort[Trobolgan] and dinner She also offered the kids the use of the cinema room in the hotel across the reception called cloud 9 ,they were able to choose dvds and were given pop corn everyday through ot our stay. She helped us with information about local bus travel,local atttractions,taxis and her manager Sarah who is definitely worth a mention as well ,was kind enough to sort out a different offer for us when the Trabolgan deiced to shut for 1 day.
The bedrooms are big size with 2 large beds and tv point. quiet even thoigh they had hotel refurbsihment going on.
Our dinner was fantastic with us being waited on like royalty even though we were spending averagely £20 per person for a complete 3 course meal for adults and kids half that with their own specail kids menu,my daughter loved her pasta and tomato sause,wings and hot brownies!
3 restaurant staff I must mention for their dedicated ,going the extra mile service are Caoimhe,Danielle breakfast servcer and Karlina.Thank you so much!
Lastly the hotel is very beautiful and ambience makes you want to stay forever.Their wifi is fast and I was able to watch movies.Also check out the massage chairs in cinema room[Cloud 9] my hubby fell asleeep most nights having deep back massage while watching movies there.Lovely Hotel,only wish it was in london!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ManagerCIAH01, Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear bimsbims,
Wow thank you for writing an excellent review. I am delighted to hear the team gave you and your family a big warm welcome.
I am thrilled that the team made your stay memorable. I will pass on your kind comments to the team especially Laura, Sarah, Caiomhe, Danielle and Karlina.
I am delighted to hear that you had a great dining experience. The cloud 9 cinema room is a great feature to have in the hotel. We received great feedback about the Cloud 9 room.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family especially the little bundle of joy to the hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here for one night midweek on business.
Overall, a very pleasant hotel. The staff really have to be complimented for their excellent customer service. It's nice to be greeted with smiles all round!
The room was a really good size, with a large flat screen tv and it was great to have a 'proper' hairdryer available to use!
Buffet breakfast was very good - lots of choice and tasty.
Dinner in the bar/restaurant was fine. I was a little surprised at being charged €7.15 for 1 glass of white wine and was glad I hadn't ordered another one! I thought the overall value for money wasn't great given the meal I had, but is typical of standard hotel prices.

I was using one of the conference rooms and found the room to be a good size, with enough water/pens/paper provided. Flipchart and projector available for use also.

I had a few small gripes with my stay:
- the base sheet on the bed was too small and was only able to be tucked in at the top, meaning the sheet moved about quite a lot, leaving you lying on the bare mattress.
- the pillows weren't the most comfortable and were quite hard/lumpy.
- I wasn't too keen on the hotel swiping your card for the nightly rate plus 'incidentals' (approx €30/40) at check-in. I haven't come across this before in any other hotel I've stayed in and don't feel it's necessary.
- Over €7 for a glass of wine is excessive

Those small things aside, I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would like to compliment the staff again on the high level of customer service they give.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear XshellyX,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had an overall good experience. I will pass on your comments regarding the sheets and pillows to the Housekeeping Manager
The pre authorization upon check in is hotel policy. This procedure is every common amongst other hotels.
We feel 7 euro for a glass of wine is very competitive amongst other hotels and bars in Cork.
I am delighted to hear that you stay here again; I will pass on your kind comments about the team to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Gwynn, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Because of a snafu with Booking.com, our rooms in Kinsale (White Lady - NOT their mistake, they were very helpful) were not available. Our innkeeper was extremely helpful, calling all over Kinsale to help us find something. Nothing available in town, so he found rooms at the Cork International Airport Hotel. We did not have high hopes. Were we ever wrong! What a nice surprise. Modern, recently updated, clean, fairly quiet, and a great restaurant. Don't miss the lobby lavatories - made us all rethink our bathrooms at home!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear glynispm2
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you and we made your stay enjoyable.
I hope you got a few good ideas for your home :)
We look forward to welcoming you back in the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Bristol, England
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before a very early flight from the airport. We expected a functional sterile airport hotel and thought the price reflected that. What a surprise . This place is great. We had a non smoking room. When we got there it was clear someone had smoked in it. We contacted reception. Within 5 minutes we were in another room and upgraded as due to the inconvenience. The room was lovely. Very large and very well furnished. We ate in the hotel restaurant. It is nicely designed and the food was both very well priced but also very good. In addition the service was great. Our waitress hummed very pleasantly as she served but all the staff were exceptionally friendly but professional. In fact right from the moment we arrived the most striking impression was the friendliness and quality of the team. They also provide a very good buffet with tea and coffee from 5am for early starters.

I have gushed about this hotel. It really is very good

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephen Herlihy,
On behalf of the team at the Cork International Airport Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and the team was able resolve the issue within 5 minutes.
Thank you for all your positive feedback in relation to our hotel décor, staff & service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I reviewed this hotel back in 2012 and rated it well then. What can I say its even better now. The bar and reception have had a total revamp and is a lot more welcoming and comfortable. The staff are just as friendly and it's a great base for exploring. Easy access to car rental etc.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Andrew M,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am delighted that you are impressed with hotels new refurbishments. The feedback has been phenomenal with the public.
Lastly thank you for your continued custom.
We look forward to welcoming back to the Cork International Airport Hotel.