“Quirky and handy for the airport”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First things first, hotels that provide free car parking and free wifi with no security code hassles need to be congratulated. This hotel does that. The layout is a little different from other hotels and it has a strong airport theme with aircraft mock ups to sit at in the breakfast room. Very droll. The rooms are very comfortable and sleep quality is good. The only complaint is that all the tables in the bar are laid out for dinner - there's no proper bar area as such. When I sat at one with a colleague we were frequently asked if we wanted menus. No a problem big enough to stop me staying again but feedback is feedback!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank John M
ManagerCIAH01, Front Office Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear John M,
Thank you for reviewing the Hotel. We are happy to hear that you were delighted with the free car parking and the Wifi facilities.
Thank you for your feedback, especially your comment on the bar which is something we will certainly review

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night when I was flying to London. Wasn't expecting much with it being an airport hotel. Checked in with a guy in reception, mark, maybe he could up his enthusiasm.
I am always a little dubious about airport hotels and unfortunately I have dietary requirements which are sometimes to have accommodated however I was pleasantly surprise at how helpful the staff were. I met Glenn and when I told him re allergies he brought avril I believe the manager over to me and she couldn't be more helpful. The Chef accommodated my needs which was great. I am a vegetarian coeliac which trust me is hard for hotels. The staff were just so lovely and didn't make me feel i was putting them out at all. The staff at this hotel are a credit, and I will undoubtedly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Cheekychaz1
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Cheekychaz1,
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Cork International Airport Hotel.
I am delighted that the Arvil, Glenn and the Chef were able to accommodate your dietary requirements. I will pass on your kind words to them.
With regards to your check in, I do apologise for any short comings encountered

Aaron Mansworth

“Quirky and handy for the airport”
Reviewed 2 days ago NEW
Dear John M,
We am sorry to hear that you find the airport theme very droll. We feel that the layout is very unique.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My best friend had her 60th birthday party there and asked us to stay the night.check in was friendly ,room was lovely and very modern.our room had a double and single bed.bed was very comfortable,room was very clean.only problem was phone reception on mobiles was hard to get but wifi was very good.breakfast was excellent great selection.staff were lovely all round.i would love to stay there again especially if I was flying out anywhere.over all it was a great stay and party.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank deemulch

Dear deemulch,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us and sharing your positive feedback with us. I will be passing your kind comments on to the entire team. Regarding the mobile reception we have recently upgraded our service so I will look into this immediately.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked a one night stay here as we were flying out to Amsterdam from Cork Airport the next morning.
For €95 we got one night Bed and Breakfast,PLUS our car in the carpark until we came back 5 days later PLUS the Courtesy Bus brought us to the airport the next morning..Excellent Value
The hotel itself is very tasteful, good facilities, very helpful Staff and the room was excellent, with a bed that ensured we got a great nights sleep.
In short, this hotel is now on my must stay again hotels, try it out, you will be well pleased.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TIPPTOURIST

Dear TippTourist,
On behalf of the team at the Cork International Airport Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.
We were delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for all your positive feedback in relation to our hotel décor, team & service. It is lovely to see that the team getting recognition for their hard work.
We look forward to welcoming you the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at the Cork Airport Hotel on five or six occasions now and I am still surprised I haven't added a review yet.
This is the ideal spot to relax the night before a flight out from the airport or even as we have done on some occasions, stopped over on the way back. This Hotel is as comfortable and relaxing as you will get. They renovated last year moving reception downstairs and revamped the bar, and it is all fantastic.
I have recommended this Hotel to a few friends who have flown out of Cork, and the common reaction is that this is not your usual airport Hotel.
We have stayed in all rooms available at this rate, the self catering apartments are superb with everything from a fridge to a nespresso machine.
We have yet to eat in the Strata restaurant as we usually go for the more casual bar atmosphere. The menu in The New Yorker Bar has a great variety of options, try the spiced beef salad starter, absolutely delicious.
The Staff are extremely professional and friendly, the hotel is spotless, and the beds are very comfortable. Shuttle bus available to and from the airport as a courtesy, but it is only a five minute walk to the terminal anyway on a good day.
Amazing Hotel, would recommend again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCIAH01, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear perecallaghan,
Thank you for writing a review on the Cork International Airport Hotel. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in our hotel and your feedback will help us to achieve these goals. We are delighted with the recent revamp of the lobby and the bar. The feedback has been wonderful.
We am thrilled to hear that you had a great dining experience with us. I will pass on your kind words to the entire team.
I would like to thank you for your repeat custom with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cork International Airport Hotel,

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough about how lovely this hotel is and how friendly all the staff our.

We stayed here for two nights over val weekend! We have been treated like royalty since we stepped foot in the door!

The hotel is very warm and well decorated. It is a hotel that needs to be seen to be appreciated. It has loads to offer adults and children and has incorporated an airplane theme into very well!

The food here is amazing! Some of the best we have ever had. We had dinner which was very well cooked and the day after we had Sunday lunch which was equally as nice! I dont have any negative comments to say about this hotel.

The breakfast was amazing and Ryan who worked in there was brilliant at his job and was very nice to us.

We also won an amazing prize of our wedding from the hotel! We can't thank Aaron, Bríd and all of the lovely staff we met, enough for everything have done for us. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure we are happy. I can't wait to get married at this amazing hotel so that we can share this expirence with all our family and freinds!

Love Roberta and Ethan

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Roberta & Ethan,
Congratulations on winning The Wedding Run.
We look forward to working with you both to make your wedding day a day that you will never forget.
I will pass on your lovely review to the entire team and pass on a special thanks to Brid.
We look forward to the Big Day .

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel 14/2/14 had such a great time booked in the following night too . Special mention to Avril in the restaurant top class will defiantly be back . What a hotel 5 star experience . Stayed in the apartment amazing had everything in it.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Grace199,
Wow, Thank you for a wonderful review of the Cork International Airport Hotel. I am delighted that you had a great overall experience with us. I will pass on your kind words to the Team especially Avril.