“Excellent, friendly, funky hotel”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent, friendly, funky hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Superb location, right beside the airport, this is probably the best airport hotel I have stayed it. The room was excellent and the service was very friendly. Will stay there again.

• Liked — Funkiness of the decor
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive comments and feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to see you back soon at The Cork International Airport Hotel.

Patrick Hanley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2008

Booked a stay and park package as I had an early flight to Spain the next morning. Total €155 for the room and 6 nights parking, and a ‘quick start’ breakfast served from 3am!! Not bad I guess.

Hotel is conveniently placed very near to the airport, however it’s not noisy once you are inside. Décor is ‘airport/airplane’ inspired which you either love or hate. Not my cup of tea, bit strange and bit bright first thing in the morning. However the rooms are large and bright and you’re not going to stay here for a holiday so you get over it.

Room; large and clean, (the hotel isn’t very old so it should be)huge flat screen TV, comfortable beds.
Bathroom clean and good shower
Bar; very odd tables, food ok and okish prices
Shuttle bus to airport was quick and efficient no hanging around

Early start breakfast is a waste of time really, few sweet pastries (which you really can’t face at such ungodly hour) tea coffee and juice. It’s ok I guess.
To sum up, it’s an airport hotel and it’s fine for that purpose, I wouldn’t stay here for a romantic break say, but it’s better than the Radisson.
I would use it again.

• Liked — Room was large and the location to airport
  • Disliked — Decor and reception being upstairs if you come in from car park
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. All customer feedback is welcomed by us here at the Cork International Airport Hotel as it can only help us improve our service and value for guests. I am sorry to hear that the bar food and early breakfast did not exceed your expectations but be assured your feedback has gone to the relevant managers who will focus on the issue's you have outlined.

I would love to see you back here soon so you can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Indiana
Reviewed 28 August 2008

If you are passing through Cork, you should definitely give this place a try. Very modern, artistic design and great service. Rooms were quite comfortable and large, even when compared to other hotels in Ireland (which on average were better than most in Europe and the US). Even the bathroom in the lobby provided a unique experience - quirky, ultra mod design, changing lights and sounds, odd hand dryer, hard to explain really. Restaurant/bar a pleasant place to unwind in the evening. My wife and I found this hotel a revitalizing diversion from the often bland and weary airport offerings.

• Liked — Engaging design, great service and rooms, next to airport
  • Disliked — nothing else nearby except the airport
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive feedback. We strive to offer a unique experience to all our guests here at the cork International Airport Hotel in both service and hotel design so I am delighted you though so highly of the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope to see you back here soon.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I booked the Cork International Airport Hotel after reading recomendations on Tripadvisor.com, and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is quirky, in a pleasant, aircraft-themed way, clean and efficient. The food is good and the staff are very friendly. My room was large, spotless and very well equipped with all of the necessities we have come to expect these days. I would recommend it to anyone either for business or, as a base for a touring holiday of Cork & Kerry. The easy parking and access to main roads make more sense than staying in the centre of Cork, which can have traffic and parking problems.

• Liked — Huge room and bed
  • Disliked — view of the car park
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive comments about the Hotel and the service. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and thought so highly of the Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Victoria, B.C.
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We are heading home after a wonderful stay at one of the best airport hotels we have experienced. Even more impressive than the modern airport motif and comfortable, well appointed rooms is the hotel's fabulous staff -- the friendliest and most helpful one could hope for anywhere. Particularly impressive is the reservations office which corrected a problem that arose with the online website on which we had booked, and then provided us with a complimentary upgrade in recognition of our inconvenience. This is hotel service par excellence, and is reflected in the positive attitude of the entire staff. We were so impressed that we will undoubtedly stay at this hotel again when visiting Cork even when not flying to or from the airport.

• Liked — Amazing service
  • Disliked — We liked it all
  • Stayed August 2008
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am very proud of all of our staff for making you feel so welcome during your stay and I have passed all your positive feedback on to the them.

I hope to see you back soon at The Cork International Airport Hotel.

kent
Reviewed 23 August 2008

This is one of the best Hotels we have stayed in while in Ireland.

If you arrive by Plane there is a free telephone next to the information deck at the airport to order a free mini bus, however the hotel is only a 10 mins walk as you come out of the front of the airport.

The hotel is very funky with a surprise around every corner.

Our room was large with a comffortable bed, large t.v.,mini bar,tea making facilites with views over airport where you can watch the planes take off. The bathroom was a good size with a heated floor.

Breakfast & bar meals were good.

We stayed here for a short visit to Cork and we used the airlink bus to & from the City and before we left we looked up our flight using the t.v.'s that are around the hotel.

I would recomend this hotel not just if you have a flight, but also for a short break

• Liked — A Funky Hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2008
Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your positive comments I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us. I have also passed all your kind feedback on to the staff.

I hope to welcome you back soon to The Cork International Airport Hotel.

dublin ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We booked this hotel online and got a great price. It is very cool hotel with lots to look at, quirky furniture and impressive artwork. The rooms are very spacious and tastefully decorated. The only thing whch let the hotel down was when we went to dinner. There seemed to be great confusion about the menu .We went to dinner at 8.40 but were handed an early bird menu which was supposed to have finished at 8. There were only 2 starters, main courses and desserts to choose from. The manager said as we were seated that we could also order steak or lamb or a goats cheese starter but then when ordering because they weren't on the menu the waitress didn't know about them and had to go off to find out. Later a man got extremely angry at another table as he had ordered off the menu and then saw people with steak! The menu was very limited but then in the folder in our room the room service menu was very extensive as was the bar menu at lunch the next day. But for the price we paid and the fact that the food we got was very nice I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2008
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive comments I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize for any problems you experienced at dinner, generally speaking we don’t encounter this issue however we have discussed this with our team and are focused on investigating and improving that area of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future.

Patrick Hanley,