“The Best Hotel Ever”

Cork International Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 October 2008

This is truly the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Absolutely faboulus.
Great staff, great General Manager and excellent accomodation - and the natural friendliness and courtesy of everyone I met, second to none.
All the big hotel chains should send their staff to do some basic courtesy skills and people training at this property.
Hope you will continue to grow and prosper and spread good and valualbe hospitality excellence across the region, and I most certainly I hope to spend some more time with you in the hopefully not too distant future...
A true fan of the CIAH,
Best Regards
Christian T. from Dublin

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ChristianT
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2008

Dear Christian T,

Thank you for your positive comments, may I compliment you on your taste, that it might be an example to others!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork in the near future.

Patrick Hanley,

General Manager.

CORK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HOTEL

There are newer reviews for Cork International Hotel

Reviewed 19 October 2008

booked last minute for myself and my wife not expecting much as we paid wait for it 60 euro, unbelievable value for a top class hotel,we just wanted somewhere to stay overnight as we were at a function in the city, but were blown away, i would advise anyone to stay here 32 inch tv with music choice, not an outrageously priced mini bar, hairdrier,ironing board, underfloor heating in the bathroom as well as a demisting centre pane in the bathroom mirror, great decor you find youre eye drifting everywhere in the entrance, pleasent and helpful staff what more could you want suffice to say we have booked already for christmas at 80 euro including breakfast amazing value

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stais
Reviewed 13 October 2008

I booked a weekend break here through the SuperValu promotion - two nights accommodation with breakfast and one evening meal. We arrived late on Friday evening and enjoyed a light snack in the bar. Reception staff were very friendly and efficient on check in/out. I loved the unconventional decor throughout the hotel - a pleasant change from the normally nice-but-plain looks of other four star hotels. The room we had was spacious with a double and single bed, good TV and workspace. The temperature control was also a welcome feature since hotel rooms, I find, tend to be on the warm side. The bathroom was great: very clean, underfloor heating, lovely bath and shower combo. The restaurant meal was excellent, I had catch-of-the-day sea bass with potato and leak and ratatouille, my partner had a juicy and tender steak. Overall an excellent experience, I would definitely go again and would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BatinaHat
Hotelname, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the rooms and restaurant food. I have passed on your positive comments on to all the staff and Management.

I hope to welcome you back to The Cork International Airport Hotel soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2008

I have to say that all the other reviewers are indeed correct to compliment this hotel on its abstract and quirky style.
Yes the waterfall style illuminated wash hand basins in the loo's
are indeed unusual and impressive, as are the aircraft themed rooms and features.
However 26 euro for two very average sandwiches and two coffees served in the bar on wobbly tables was not at all impressive, neither was three members of staff walking past us while we were looking for menus particularly good.

We recently stayed at Hayfield Manor, where the food and service were exceptional and are absolutely gobsmacked to see that this hotel is rated above Hayfield Manor on Trip advisor. Has the world gone mad.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2008

Dear Goju,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologize for your experience. The bar service is an area we are generally very happy with however obviously on this occasion we let ourselves down. We have recently made some personnel changes in this area and have had a period of adjustment. Our new menus have just been issued in the past week to very positive reviews and the team in the bar has a new person managing that area. I am 100% confident that should you return that your experience would be significantly better. If you wish I would be delighted to discuss this with you further and get any further comments you may have.

Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Regards,

Patrick Hanley,

General Manager.

Reviewed 3 October 2008

Ok looking at the reviews others have written about this hotel, it seems that nearly everyone had the same experience as myself. I loved the hotel. We stayed in a business class room, it was comfortable and spacious and had 2 bathrooms! The floors in the bathroom were heated and the power shower was amazing. I was sorry we weren't staying for more than one night.

I was disappointed with only one part of my stay. We had an early flight the following morning and so had to avail of the early bird breakfast before 7am. It was very poor and when we arrived plenty of other people had already been there before us so there was hardly anything left. No milk, only enough orange juice there for one person, luke warm tea and a few pastries.

I would definitely recommend this hotel but if you have an early morning flight I would suggest you book a room only rate and have your breakfast at the airport after you check in.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mov_Cork
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that our early morning breakfast did not meet your expectations. We find this unacceptable and I have addressed this issue with our overnight team please be assured improvements have been made in that area.

I do hope to see you back soon at the hotel so you yourself can see the positive results of your feedback.

Reviewed 29 September 2008

We booked this hotel on the strength of reviews of TripAdvisor and can only say they are so right. In fact, our experience far exceeded expectations. From the moment you pick up the videophone at the airport you know you are getting super added value for your money. We booked this for 149 pounds through Expedia for 2 nights, business class and for us it was the bargain of the year! Hotel coach picks up and drops off at airport on demand. No waiting around for us, although you can walk there in a couple of minutes if no heavy luggage. From the moment you enter the reception and look around you know you are in for an exceptional stay. The surroundings, as has been pointed out in other reviews, is funky and stylish with eye catching design details everywhere you look. The room was outstanding. We were initially put in a standard room, which was fabulous. When we pointed out to reception we had in fact booked business, they couldn't have been more helpful. The receptionist actually took our coats and baggage from us and carried them herself to our business class room! When we saw that room we were delighted. Really roomy, supersize flatscreen TV with loads of channels, luxurious fittings and furnishings, extra comfy beds and pillows like clouds! They also had two shower rooms and underfloor heating. Newspapers were provided in a little hessian bag outside our door each morning ready for us to take down to breakfast, which we found delicious and very filling (especially the pastries, mmmm). Again the attention to little details is apparent here in touches such as the juices being decanted into funky little hotel logo'd bottles. We visited the bar both night and found the atmosphere pleasant (they had a pianist on one night) and the drinks prices reasonable. We ate at the bar on night and I must be honest and say that the is the one aspect which we found less than top notch. We had eaten at a fabulous restaurant in Cork the previous evening so I suppose in a way we were making a comparison which is unfair as it is at the end of the day bar food. We had fish chowder to start with which was delicious, but our steaks came without pannini as stated on the menu but a baquette instead, had no mushrooms as stated and the wedges were bog standard frozen. Worse though was that we were not asked how we liked our steaks (always a bad sign in my experience) and they came dripping blood into the baguette and the one wilted piece of lettuce underneath!. In defence though, they did provide a mean pepper sauce when asked which was not on the menu. Not too bad but we'd expect more at the price we paid (13 euros from memory) All in all though, a fabulous stay at one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Exceptional value.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DinkyDavros
Hotelname, Hotel Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for all your positive comments about the Hotel and the service. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay here with us and thought so highly of the Hotel. I am sorry however that your experience in the Bar did not exceed your expectations; generally speaking we don’t encounter this issue however we have discussed this with our team and are focusing on this area. All customer feedback is invaluable to us here at The Cork International Airport hotel as it can only help us to improve our level of service for all guests.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Cork International Airport Hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2008

This is a REALLY REALLY good hotel to stay in. The interior is cool and funky, very modern but not uncomfortably so like so many other hotels are. Even with its wacky design and weird furniture, the hotel is still warm and inviting. Staff are friendly. Rooms are large and comfortable with plasma tv's and a big comfy bed. Overall I think this is an excellent hotel, the only downside is that it is located at the airport, in saying that it is only about 15 mins form the city centre so it does offer an ideal base for exploring Cork and at a more reasonable price than most city centre locations.I didn't try the food or anything so I cannot comment on that but I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone on a quick break to Cork. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive comments I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you back here with us soon.

Hotel Manager