“Acceptable and convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Zealand
“Acceptable and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived in Ireland in the evening after a very long trip from "down under", so it was great to be able to just crash at the hotel airport, rather than picking up rental car etc to make our way into Cork. It was an easy walk from the terminal although we couldn't work out how to get around the front, so had to carry our luggage up the steps to the rear entrance, only to have to then take the lift down to reception. Check in/out was efficient and friendly. We ate in the bar - the food was passable but not great. We were in a Deluxe room which was a good size, totally acceptable and we got a good night's sleep. Would recommend to anyone needing a place close to the airport for an early flight, or arriving late.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear SueWelli2013,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Cork International Airport Hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is great to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us. As an airport hotel we have 2 entrances, so to assist people entering the hotel from both sides of the property.

Regarding your comments as the food being 'passable'. I would be very interested in obtaining more clarification as we receive great feedback on our food, and I would delighted to receive more detailed feedback from yourself, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on amansworth@corkairporthotel.com.

Thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Aaron Mansworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We got a 'last minute' room in this hotel and on entering the executive suite, which was the only room left, there was a 'wow' factor. The only comments not in the room's favour were that the sliding shower door did not stay closed when showering and there was a cracked pane of glass on one of the large windows which we had to make sure we did not open. Staff were all pleasant and helpful especially 'Anne' in reception who went above and beyond her duty to ensure that we were comfortable. The most unfortunate issue about this hotel was the poor menu for vegetarians, especially for a vegan vegetarian. It is so untrue that vegetarians are happy with salads ....... just where is a chef's imagination when faced with providing a vegetarian meal! We had our dinner in the dining room and the menu we were offered had 1 vegetarian meal, putting aside boring salads, which we ordered. This was a pasta meal which was supposedly served in a cheese sauce. When it arrived the sauce resembled hot, sour milk and it was quite disgusting. We were unaware at the time of ordering that we could have ordered a suitable pizza from a different menu. We did inform the waiter that the meal was disgusting and the saving grace was that we had ordered a portion of french fries which, in effect, was our dinner. The waiter offered us to speak with someone about the meal and we were also offered a pizza (Anne to the rescue!), to which we refused. As previously stated, staff were very nice, the room had the 'wow' factor but the menu, for us, badly let the hotel down.

Dear Moira B,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Cork International Airport Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will forward the comments onto Ann, who I know will be delighted to receive them.

I know Ann informed you about the vegetarian menu but do apologise if it was not sufficient, or was not presented to you. I have spoken with the relevant people regarding the dish you did receive, and I apologise if this was not to your satisfaction.

I also note that you were happy with the complimentary breakfast that was included for you as an apology from the hotel.

I do hope that you will consider using the Cork International Hotel again in the future, if you wish to discuss any of these points further please feel free to contact me on amansworth@corkairporthotel.com.

Kind regards

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel the night before we went on holiday great welcome at reception room was perfect we had a meal and a drink in the bar staff were super very well run hotel would advice anyone going on holiday to stay bus transfer to and from airport very handy also parking your car there while on holiday will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 215 was perfect plenty of space and no noise at all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mick592014
Dear mick592014,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our staff. We are truly fortunate to have such a fantastic team, and it is always a delight to know that their efforts are appreciated.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Cork International Airport hotel on June 13. I was absolutely horrified when I turned down the bed sheets, they were covered in dust and there were what can only be described as tiny black balls on the sheet. The pillow case was also stained. I was so upset. I called reception and the manager moved me to the room next door. I really don't think this is acceptable in a hotel that has such positive reviews. I hope this review will be published so that the public are made aware of this negative experience which cost me time and money.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank maireaduae
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Maireaduae,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.

Please accept my sincerest apologies on this matter, we completely agree that what you discovered was unacceptable. Since highlighting this issue on the evening we have looked in to the matter further and upon investigation can confirm that the linen was fully laundered, the dust present on the linen was lint from the laundry company, along with the pillow case with iron scorch marks. Our team are trained to recognise this and those items should have been discarded in favour of a new set. We have since done re-training with our team to ensure that this does not happen again and our standards are not compromised.

I do hope when you moved room everything was to your satisfaction and that you could enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

As can be seen from our reviews this was a very isolated incident, however on this occasion we did miss our standard but will learn from it and endeavour to make perfect where we have failed.

I do hope that you will consider using the Cork International Hotel again in the future, if you wish to discuss any of these points further please feel free to contact me on amansworth@corkairporthotel.com as I would like to give this matter my personal attention.

Combloux, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice welcome by reception. Room was good size, nicely furnished and had good sound insulation. Restaurant food was somewhat disappointing. A really close walk to the airport terminal. Would definitely recommend.

Dear RASHFORD740

Thank you for taking time to write this review on Tripadvisor following your experience at the Cork International Airport Hotel which will help the fellow guests make an informed decision.

We are extremely delighted to know that you found the services and facilities of the hotel to your satisfaction. We take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service whether on business or pleasure.

I am disappointed to hear that you somewhat disappointed with our restaurant food, and would love to receive some more feedback on this, please do not hesitate to contact me on amansworth@corkairporthotel.com if you would like to discuss in further.

Once again thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Excellent place to stay. Don't expect anything than the best at this Hotel.
I arrived late at night with my daughter and Mother. After parking in the wrong car park the Night Manager personally escorted us in to the hotel.

The Hotel offer a free shuttle bus to the departure terminal and if you have an early start they also
offer complimentary coffee, tea and pastries.

Disabled parking bays are only a short 15 yards from reception. the rooms are luxurious, spacious and very comfortable. the bathrooms are perfect in every aspect and the customer
service is second to none. The hotel offers a hair salon and luxurious relaxation room with massage chairs and an evening movie in the aeroplane lounge within the hotel.
free Wifi as standard.

This hotel is a must if staying in Cork airport. don't consider anything less.

I searched through Trivago but booked direct through the Hotel.
Excellent Value. 90 Euro for a room to sleep three. no breakfast but we were offered breakfast for 11 Euro each. I would go back to Cork just to stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DebbieSmith186364
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear DebbieSmith18636,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently while in Cork.

It was an absolute delight to read your review, I am utterly thrilled with your praise of our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to know that our welcome and accommodation made such a wonderful impression. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Great room with walk in shower as well as bath.Nespresso machine and complimentary fruit bowl and mineral water.quick check in with friendly reception staff.
Great value for the quality experienced.
The location is in a business park in the airport grounds.however access to Cork city is 10 mins by car and West Cork and Kinsale are convenient too.A great base for a few days stay in Cork.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LBJDublin
ManagerCork, General Manager at Cork International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear LBJDublin,